Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

Ugh that stinks about the rain and having to wait so long at Guest Relations :(

Haha gotta love those cheap ponchos ;) Cute borders on the PP pics.

Love all the topiary pictures.

THose ponchos are great. I get to see your wonderful Pluto bag through it. :thumbsup2

Wow! Sounds like a nightmare with Jim's ticket. Glad it got sorted out in the end.
Love the food at Sunshine Seasons.

Here's hoping you get on some rides next.

ahh rain in epcot.. what a shocker.. :rotfl2:

you two still look adorable! Sorry to hear all about this sill mb not working!!!! kind of making me scared!!!!

Ugh that stinks about the rain and having to wait so long at Guest Relations :(

It was very frustrating. I just hope that I can figure out what I did wrong so I don't do the same thing to my Mom in October. I'm going to make sure she brings her actual ticket so we have a backup!

Haha gotta love those cheap ponchos ;) Cute borders on the PP pics.

I loved the F & G border with the bees!

Love all the topiary pictures.

The topiary were very cute. Unfortunately I didn't get any more pictures because of the rain.

THose ponchos are great. I get to see your wonderful Pluto bag through it. :thumbsup2

That is true, you can see my bag and Pluto shirt!

Wow! Sounds like a nightmare with Jim's ticket. Glad it got sorted out in the end.

It wasn't a fun experience and I'm still not sure what I did wrong. :confused3

Love the food at Sunshine Seasons.

Here's hoping you get on some rides next.

Sunshine Seasons is one of my favorites! We did manage to get on a few rides.

ahh rain in epcot.. what a shocker.. :rotfl2:

It kind of was for me! We had more rain on this trip than I had on last 5 trips combined!

you two still look adorable! Sorry to hear all about this sill mb not working!!!! kind of making me scared!!!!

Well I think part of it is that I'm a newbie to having a AP. I had to do all of the parts separately this time since I didn't need a ticket. If you are doing a package everything should work out without a problem.

My main goal for this day was to spend it walking around World Showcase looking at the topiaries and enjoying the food booths so we headed towards Mexico. But with the rain still coming down, it was hard to enjoy the festival so we ducked into the Mexican pavilion.

Jim saw that Mexico Donald was out greeting and even though we meet him in October we hopped in line. It was looking like indoor activities were going to be on the agenda for the afternoon.

The photographer told Jim to do “duck lips”. He had no idea what she was talking about so I had to demonstrate for him.

Then I joined in the fun.

Jim apparently forgot his duck lips in this one.

Then we headed over and walked onto the Gran Fiesta Tour.

I hadn’t been able to take a lot of pictures so far this day because of the rain so now that we were indoors I went a little crazy.

We shopped around a bit but didn’t buy anything then headed back out into the rain and towards Norway.

Up Next: Why Does Everyone Try to Pass Out on Me?

Great photos with Donald! Ugh the rain sounds like it's really getting in the way of your plans, but it seems like you guys were making the most of it!

I love the Mexican Pavilion. Nice to see it in your pictures.

Love the Duck Face pictures. :lmao:

Wow, Ariana...your first park experience sure did start out with a lot of hassle with cards and MB's!!! :scared: That stinks! Sounds like you kept your cool and rolled with the punches. My blood pressure would have been through the roof by the time you had to pay for your lunch with your credit card. :faint:

Lunch looks delicious. I may have to try that Steak and Blue Cheese Sandwich next time...I LOVE steak with blue cheese. ::yes:: Of course, I would have to forgo the Beef Broccoli I get EVERY TIME if I wanted to try something new... :scratchin Yes, you are not the only one who finds a fave and sticks with it. :thumbsup2

It's nice to see Jim not being bitter about you invading his Donald time...:lmao:

great pictures!!!! as usual...

Ariana, I am now caught up here too. PHEW! The room is very nice at POR-Riverside; I like the gator stuff.

So sorry about all that rain. I have ponchos very similar to that (hubby brings them home from work...he sells them to dollar stores; I like them because we throw them out after one use and start with a fresh one if needed :rotfl2:).

Too bad you had to wait so long to fix Jim's ticket, but glad you were able to get your TIW card while waiting.

Your lunch at Sunshine Seasons looks great.

Love the photopass pictures.

Bahaha those duck face photos are amazing!! Hilarious!! Man, WS in the rain is just not that fun! Lol, I mean, it's totally fine if you can stay inside but once you have to run to another pavilion you're soaked! Bahah

Great photos with Donald! Ugh the rain sounds like it's really getting in the way of your plans, but it seems like you guys were making the most of it!

It did completely change the day for us but we still managed to have some fun!

I love the Mexican Pavilion. Nice to see it in your pictures.

Love the Duck Face pictures. :lmao:

I really love how they did Mexico too! The Duck faces were fun!

Wow, Ariana...your first park experience sure did start out with a lot of hassle with cards and MB's!!! :scared: That stinks! Sounds like you kept your cool and rolled with the punches. My blood pressure would have been through the roof by the time you had to pay for your lunch with your credit card. :faint:

It really was a hassle but what could we do but get it fixed? I did get a little panicky when she couldn't find Jim's new ticket at first. The credit card at lunch was really just a minor inconvenience compared to the fiasco with the MB!

Lunch looks delicious. I may have to try that Steak and Blue Cheese Sandwich next time...I LOVE steak with blue cheese. ::yes:: Of course, I would have to forgo the Beef Broccoli I get EVERY TIME if I wanted to try something new... :scratchin Yes, you are not the only one who finds a fave and sticks with it. :thumbsup2

Jim really did enjoy that sandwich although he had another steak sandwich a few days later that he said was better than that one. Well, for me it's not so much finding a favorite and sticking to it, it's more often the fact that there is only one dish that I will eat. :rotfl: Darn pickiness!

It's nice to see Jim not being bitter about you invading his Donald time...:lmao:

great pictures!!!! as usual...

Yeah, he was willing to share Donald a little bit this trip. :rotfl:

Ariana, I am now caught up here too. PHEW! The room is very nice at POR-Riverside; I like the gator stuff.

I really loved the little touches from Princess and the Frog!

So sorry about all that rain. I have ponchos very similar to that (hubby brings them home from work...he sells them to dollar stores; I like them because we throw them out after one use and start with a fresh one if needed :rotfl2:).

I really liked the Walmart ones we got. I couldn't find those again so I bought some from Dollar Tree. We tried using the Dollar Tree ones the next day and they were no were as nice as the Walmart ones. But I'm getting ahead of myself there.

Too bad you had to wait so long to fix Jim's ticket, but glad you were able to get your TIW card while waiting.

It was a bit frustrating and I still don't know what the heck I did to mess it up so badly.

Your lunch at Sunshine Seasons looks great.

I've never had a bad meal there!

Love the photopass pictures.

Thanks, I thought they came out nice despite the ponchos.

Bahaha those duck face photos are amazing!! Hilarious!! Man, WS in the rain is just not that fun! Lol, I mean, it's totally fine if you can stay inside but once you have to run to another pavilion you're soaked! Bahah

The Duck face photos were a lot of fun to do! Yeah, the rain really put a damper on our plans for the day. Luckily it wasn't as bad at HS the next day since so much is indoors there.

Norway was a lot less crowded now that Anna and Elsa had moved to MK. We were able to move around the area with ease. Jim saw Maelstrom and said let’s go ride so we got in line. I think the sign said 20 minutes but we didn’t care at that point as long as it was indoors.

Jim was very excited about the ride.

I tried in vain to get some pictures but the ride just moves too fast. Here’s the best one of the lot.

Jim embarrassed me a bit during the ride. Someone in our boat was taking flash photos and a CM came over the speakers and said no flash photography. Of course Jim looked right at me and loudly accused me of doing it. It wasn’t me, I always turn my flash off during dark rides he just thought it would be funny to get me in trouble. I was not very amused.

We spent a few minutes in the dump shop. They had one small wall of Frozen merchandise which actually included some adult t-shirts with Olaf on them. I considered them for a minute but decided against buying one. I just didn't care for either one that was available.

We moved onto China and walked through the store. Jim was on the hunt for t-shirts since he found one here that he liked in October. But there was nothing new so we headed towards the Temple. I wanted to show Jim the Tomb Warrior display so we headed into that building. But as we entered I noticed that the Chinese Acrobats had just started performing. They had moved them inside due to the rain. All of the benches were full so we stood in the back to watch.

This was the first time I had seen them and I really did not enjoy the performance that much. After about 10 minutes, I started to get bored and was ready to go. Some of the stuff they were doing was interesting but it kept dragging on and on. I thought Jim was getting bored to because he turned to me and said let’s go then bolted out of the door. I was thinking how rude to leave me behind but when I got out of there, I found him hanging onto a railing because he said he thought he was going to pass out. What is it with people trying to pass out on me at Disney? If you’re reading along on my February TR you will remember that both my Mom and Sister-in-law almost passed out at different times during that trip.

I found us a bench nearby and I made him take off his poncho because I know they can make you overheat. Then I asked him what he had had to drink that day. Well since that morning he had had one sip of coke on the plane and one swallow of water at lunch. Luckily he had kept the bottle of water from lunch so I made him start sipping it slowly. We sat there for about a ½ hour while he cooled down and drank the rest of the water. He finally felt better and the rain had pretty much stopped so we moved on towards Germany.

When we rounded the corner out of China though, this is what we saw.

We stood off to the side to wait for the bridge to go back down and that’s when I noticed on of the cleverly disguised speakers that are all over Disney World. It was pretty obvious that this was one because we were standing right next to it and it was loud!

When we got to Germany Jim noticed a Photopass Photographer so of course we stopped.

We even got a little magic.

Jim’s “surprised” face in this one cracks me up.

We headed into the Germany stores and Jim immediately found a sweatshirt he needed.

While Jim checked out, I looked around for things to photograph but apparently this stained glass window was the only interesting thing I found.

We looking in the glass store and the Christmas Store and when we came out it was raining again. I was going to stop for a glass of wine in Italy but really didn’t want to drink it in the rain so we moved on to America. Jim had mentioned wanting to see the show here so we headed in. Voices of Liberty were already singing so we joined the crowd sitting on the floor and listened to the last few songs.

I really enjoyed this, I need to stop and listen to them more often. A cappella singing is my favorite. As a matter of fact one of my favorite groups is Straight No Chaser. Check them out if you haven’t heard of them. They are about the only non-Disney music I listen to. Although they just released an awesome version of Let It Go so maybe they are a little Disney.

We headed into the theater and sat towards the back. Jim likes to be way in the back for some reason. So I didn’t try to take pictures because I knew they would not come out that far back. Jim loved the show. For me this was the second time I had seen it in a few short months. While I do enjoy it, it’s not one I want to see every trip. I did enjoy the time off my feet though.

When we exited the theater I realized that we were running a bit behind and would need to hurry to make it to our dinner ADR. The 1/2 hour unexpected break we took in China had eaten up part of our afternoon. I asked Jim if there was any other stores he really wanted to go in and he said the UK and Canada ones. So we ended up skipping over Japan, Morocco and France and just made brief stops in UK and Canada where Jim bought nothing. The little outdoor kiosk in Canada where they had most of the hockey shirts in February was closed due to the rain. They had some in the big store but nothing Jim liked.

Up Next: Reliving Our Honeymoon

Jim did look super excited! Shame on him for embarrassing you though!

Wow, sorry Jim started to feel ill :( I'm glad he eventually felt better.

Great pictures in Germany!

I am sorry....but I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: with Jim telling you "not to take flash pictures." This is so something my husband would do.

Sorry you continued to deal with rain, and sorry you almost had yet another person pass out on you.

Any special reason Jim had to have that sweatshirt?

I love Voice of Liberty and Straight No Chaser. Our oldest son has seen them several times, and I actually know the founder, Dan Ponce and his father very well.

I enjoyed the photopass pictures.

I hope you make it to dinner on time.

Poor Jim...but you HAVE to drink stuff to keep from dehydrating! I have to tell my kids this all. the. time. :sad2:

Such a bummer that the rain is keeping you all from drinking and eating around the World with the F&G Festival booths! :worried:

Well....that was not very flash of Jim. I bet he knows better now.
Sorry he wasn't feeling well.....but at least you figured it out quickly and he had water with him to drink and get better.

Lovely pictures of you two and I love that sweatshirt.

Jim did look super excited! Shame on him for embarrassing you though!

I think he may have been faking the excitement a bit. :lmao: He is definitely more outgoing than me so he enjoys embarrassing me once in a while.

Wow, sorry Jim started to feel ill :( I'm glad he eventually felt better.

Luckily it was just a fluke and he was fine the rest of the trip. I really just think he was overheated and dehydrated.

Great pictures in Germany!

Thanks, those turned out really well.

I am sorry....but I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: with Jim telling you "not to take flash pictures." This is so something my husband would do.

Sounds like he would get along well with Mark. Jim loves to embarrass me like that!

Sorry you continued to deal with rain, and sorry you almost had yet another person pass out on you.

It was definitely not the afternoon I had in mind but we did make the most of it any way.

Any special reason Jim had to have that sweatshirt?

Mainly because he is of German descent and loves anything to do with Germany.

I love Voice of Liberty and Straight No Chaser. Our oldest son has seen them several times, and I actually know the founder, Dan Ponce and his father very well.

So jealous that you know Dan! I actually found SNC after he left the group but I have some older videos with him in them. I've already got my tickets for when they come to Atlanta in November. I got them early through the club release and got third row!

I enjoyed the photopass pictures.

I hope you make it to dinner on time.

Oh no worries, we made it with plenty of time to spare. I'm one that always has to be way too early to everything. :rotfl:

Poor Jim...but you HAVE to drink stuff to keep from dehydrating! I have to tell my kids this all. the. time. :sad2:

I guess I'm going to have to hound him next time, after all he is a big kid himself! Although he was very careful the rest of the weekend.

Such a bummer that the rain is keeping you all from drinking and eating around the World with the F&G Festival booths! :worried:

Yeah, it was not fun dealing with the rain. There really wasn't too much I wanted to try food wise but there were a few drinks I wanted. Plus we didn't spend much time looking at the topiary either.

Well....that was not very flash of Jim. I bet he knows better now.

Oh yeah, he learned his lesson. He drank tons of water the rest of the trip.

Sorry he wasn't feeling well.....but at least you figured it out quickly and he had water with him to drink and get better.

He is bad about drinking enough so I knew right away that had to be the problem. The hot poncho probably didn't help much either.

Lovely pictures of you two and I love that sweatshirt.

Thanks, those ones turned out pretty nice.

Dinner this night was at Garden Grill. The last time we had eaten here was for our Honeymoon in 1998. For those of you that have read this whole TR, you will already know the chicken story. But if you are just joining in or if you want a refresher, here’s a link to the post where I discussed it. The story starts right below our Sunshine Seasons meal.

Chicken Story

So now that you are acquainted with the chicken story you will know why I was slightly disappointed when I checked us in and the CM apologized and told me the restaurant was not rotating that night. We had wanted to see the chickens from the restaurant again.

Our buzzer went off very quickly and we were lead to our table. There was a small table near the mural towards the left side of the restaurant and I was sure that was where we were going to be seated. But the CM leading us breezed right by and when we finally got to our table this was the view.

Chickens!!!

I couldn’t believe of all the seats in the restaurant we were right in front of the farm scene.

We had barely taken our seats when Mickey came around for some hugs and pictures.

A CM nearby offered to take a picture of both of us with Mickey.

Our waiter came then and took our order and it wasn’t too long before the salad came out.

I’m not a fan of salad so I didn’t eat any but Jim said it was delicious. He ate most of the salad by himself.

I was obsessed with these rolls because they were excellent. I’m not ashamed to admit that I ate like four of them.

Then our food came. From left to right, mashed potatoes, beef, mixed vegetables, fish, turkey and stuffing.

And our waiter also brought us a bowl of the mac and cheese with fish crackers on top. I thought this only came with the kids’ meal but I wasn’t complaining.

Between Jim and me, we pretty much annihilated the food on those plates. My favorite was the fish, turkey and mac and cheese and Jim loved the beef, the veggies, and the stuffing.

As we ate, the characters continued to visit us. First was Chip:

And then the one I was waiting for all night and the main reason I booked the meal (besides the chickens), Pluto!

He saw me jump up when he was three tables away and gave me lots of hugs when he made it to our table!

Last but not least, Dale stopped for a visit.

When it came time for dessert I asked our waiter what it was and he said berry cobbler. I asked Jim if he wanted it because I didn’t like it and the waiter offered to bring me the kids’ cupcakes! So first of all, here’s the berry cobbler. I think it had strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.

And here are the cupcakes. They were actually called cupcake cones and the cake part was shaped like an ice cream cone.

Once again I’m not ashamed to admit that despite the fact that I was already stuffed I ate every bite of BOTH cupcakes. They were delicious! Jim did a pretty good job on the berry cobbler too.

And to top everything off, Mickey came by a second time.

He left and came right back dragging a CM so we could get a picture together with him.

We settled our bill using the Tables in Wonderland card and then headed out. I took a few pictures as we walked towards the exit.

This meal turned out to be our favorite from the short weekend. The food was excellent, our waiter was wonderful and the character interaction was lots of fun.

Up Next: Those Aren’t Real Chickens Mom!

One of the best character meals IMHO..okay NOT so humble opinion :laughing: is GG for the food and the one on one character interactions I had to laugh seeing " rumors " lately that the restaurant no longer rotates Have you seen that ? Ridiculous it was recently down for whatever reasons for a very short period of time That is the big selling point for newbies and will never stop being part of the restaurant

The food pictures oh my goodness everything looks terrific as always there

Love the intro to the next installment re-the chickens :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter