Rock n Rollercoaster Differences?

madmouse91

Disney Dreaming September 8th :)
Hi

Is there much difference between the Rock n Rollercoaster in Disneyworld and the one at Disney Studios Paris?

Thanks

madmouse :tongue:

Hi,

The actual building and track layout is exactly the same as is the launch, but the major differences are:-

- The outside of the building is quite a lot different, there's basically a decorated tour bus and large sign, not the sweeping track in MGM.

- Different pre-show - It still stars Aerosmith but they take about the coaster based on their music rather than taking a trip to one of their gigs in a limo.

- The cars are different, the limos are gone and they look like record decks (I stand to be corrected on this)

- The effects on the ride a different - This is the major change (IMO), instead of a ride through a cut-out static neon LA it's more based on a disco/gig with lots of flashing lights.

Personally I prefer the MGM version but I'm sure others think different.

Cheers

The lines are much shorter for the one at DLP. :teeth:
Seriously, though, I think Bilboo caught all of the differences. We liked both versions.

not much difference, except noone stops to see the show before the ride, they just go through with no queing

Is the track really the same at both parks- I dont know why but i felt DLP was faster and a bit longer with more turns.

Maybe it was just me LOL

Originally posted by disneydavey
not much difference, except noone stops to see the show before the ride, they just go through with no queing

last week i walked on the ride straight through on 3 successions.

at one point i was stood on my own looking like i would have the ride to myself. sadly, one (yes ONE!) other turned up, so we rode together!!!!

Does this coaster do a loop-de-loop?

Originally posted by NIK
Does this coaster do a loop-de-loop?

It's worth the entrance fee just to ride it.

I went last week and rode it 4 times in a row in the the front row of the first car. AWESOME!!!!!!!

I tried the last car but found it a little rough on the neck and head.

It really does put a smile on your face. And yes it does loop the loop at the start of the ride and then corkscrews halfway round. But unlike Space Mountain it's very smooth.

:earsboy:

... both rides use the same coaster as the superman ride in holland : I think this is what it looks like 'naked'!:teeth:

sfh11.780x530.jpg

Mike

Wow that superman pic,

I thought that it was much less height in rock 'n' roller.

Originally posted by Mike Jones
... both rides use the same coaster as the superman ride in holland : I think this is what it looks like 'naked'!:teeth:

sfh11.780x530.jpg

Mike

oh well, there goes the hamburger I had for lunch!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by raptor1982
Here's a pic of the outside:

logo1.jpg

is it always as quiet as it looks there? im WDW the whole surrounding of RnRc is packed!

I was there on Dec 27th, 2003 and that picture perfectly describes what it was like.....

RNRC at WDW is a whole other story.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter