Rock N Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest

I can empathize with u bc I have TERRIBLE motion suckness; however, I’am proud to say last trip I was able to ride both w/ the assistance of ginger capsules. I took 2 the night before the park then repeated the same amount the morning I planned to ride and it worked! I had zero nausea, dizziness and will not go on any vacations from here on out w/out them!!!

I can empathize with u bc I have TERRIBLE motion suckness; however, I’am proud to say last trip I was able to ride both w/ the assistance of ginger capsules. I took 2 the night before the park then repeated the same amount the morning I planned to ride and it worked! I had zero nausea, dizziness and will not go on any vacations from here on out w/out them!!!

Great for you!! Did you just get the ginger at a pharmacy?

"Motion suckness" is my new favorite typo. I also have terrible motion suckness!

The problem is that everyone is so different when it comes to motion sickness. My husband can't do spinning rides or some simulators. In fact, he got queasy in Garden Grill. If he takes Bonine, he can do one ride on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster a day. He skips Expedition Everest because of the backwards part, though he didn't get too sick the one time he rode it (not like Mission:Space where he couldn't function for most of the day). Space Mountain at Disneyland almost did him in one morning, but I don't remember him having trouble with it at Walt Disney World.

Roller coaster always scare me because I'm afraid I'll get sick (although I never have on anything except a spinning ride). I promised my traveling companion I'd try every ride with her on our last trip and EE became one of my favorites! I did not have any issues with the backwards part, I think it was actually better for me because I couldn't see what was coming. RnR was okay, I didn't enjoy the launch but handled it just fine by closing my eyes. I just tell myself, Disney was made for everyone and not just thrill seekers, so try it ;)

I was the kid that got card sick....every vacation roadtrip.
So far nothing has bothered me at WDW...although I
have NOT tried Mission Space Orange yet ;)

I was the kid that got card sick....every vacation roadtrip.
So far nothing has bothered me at WDW...although I
have NOT tried Mission Space Orange yet ;)
That's me. I still can not sit in the back seat of a car for even short distances and sometimes the front passenger seat gets to me and I have to drive. But I have never once gotten motion sickness from any roller coasters, even big ones. The bigger/faster the better for me. And I only get very, very mild queasiness on Star Tours, but once the ride is over I'm completely fine. Haven't tried MS Orange yet either, but no other simulators or rides at WDW or USO bother me. I've always found that weird that I'm so sensitive in a car, but I don't really have any problems with rides.

But these 2 rides are pretty mild as far as roller coasters go, so I think they are a good step to build up the courage for bigger coasters.

For those who suffer from motion sickness, forget all the over-the-counter stuff. Go to your doctor, and get him/her to prescribe you some scopolamine patches. You'll never look back.

I get pretty anxious on rollercoasters so watched on-ride videos before riding them and it really helped me.

EE is fantastic, similar to BTMRR but faster and, as previously mentioned, it goes backwards. RnR is good too, if you can cope with a few loops you should be fine! I actually found it quite slow in WDW (the one in Disneyland Paris is super fast).

This is coming from a person who has not ridden RnRC but I have researched it enough while determining whether I want to ride it or not. I just wanted to make it known to you that at the start of RnRC it launches you at a high speed in just a few short seconds. This is the reason I won't ride it... years ago I went on a coaster that launched you at the start and I HATED the feeling I got in my stomach when that happened, I was totally unprepared for that sensation. I came off the ride literally shaking. I am usually fine with twists, turns, loops, and high speed but I've never liked the dropping feeling you get on steep drops, and now I've added that I don't like the feeling you get during these fast rocket launches. Perhaps you'll be fine with it, again it's only for a few seconds but it's better to be prepared for it to happen than to catch you totally off-guard.

I have some roller coaster anxiety....just makes me nervous. A lot of it is a fear of motion sickness (which I get fairly easily). However, there's a part of me that would like to try these rides. I can ride things like BTMRR, Splash Mountain....I can ride Soarin' and Star Tours (but I have to close my eyes occasionally). So, thoughts on RNR and EE from anyone else out there that have some roller coaster anxiety? I usually just wait for my family to ride, but there's a part of me that would love to give them a try, but I also don't want to ruin my day with motion sickness.....and I know to take bonine, but usually my anxiety gets the best of me.

The backwards part of EE makes me dizzy. BTMRR is much tamer than EE or RNR. They are closer to SM for motion sickness but don't jerk you around as much.

I wanted to report back that we are here and went to HS today, and I DID IT!! I rode RNRC!!!! I can’t believe I did it! I started to back out but I was already through the fp line before I knew it! I didn’t love it, but I really liked it. I think I might love it a second time because my anxiety is a lot about the unknowns. I will admit that my head felt a little “off” for a few mins after, and I was a little shaky (from the death grip I had during the ride)... but I was not sick!! I can’t tell you how proud I am of myself!! :cool1:

I wanted to report back that we are here and went to HS today, and I DID IT!! I rode RNRC!!!! I can’t believe I did it! I started to back out but I was already through the fp line before I knew it! I didn’t love it, but I really liked it. I think I might love it a second time because my anxiety is a lot about the unknowns. I will admit that my head felt a little “off” for a few mins after, and I was a little shaky (from the death grip I had during the ride)... but I was not sick!! I can’t tell you how proud I am of myself!! :cool1:

Way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter