• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roam Mobility?

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if people can share their experience with Roam Mobility. I've read a lot of mixed reviews and am wondering if I should just get a T-Mobile sim card and go that route.

I have a roam sim for my iphone. I have not used it at Disney, but I have used it in upper new york state. I had no real issues with it. The place I was staying at(a cottage) was just outside of t-mobile/roam coverage so my reception was hit or miss, but that is really a t-mobile issue. Once I got closer to a town it worked great. I like the fact that my number stays for a year, and that I could pick it up at a local store. I plan on using it January and will happily report back on my experience with it at WDW.

Thanks, if I end up using Roam, I can report back to you in December. ;) T-mobile right now is offering free sim cards online. I'm going to be in the States on Sunday so I might try to see if I can get one that way.

I have used both T Mobile and AT&T but prefer AT& T since for $2.00 per day (only on days used) you get unlimited texting to Canada and unlimited calling in the US. You can get a free sim card when you cross the border at any AT&T Corporate Store.

We just got set up with Roam a month ago. Hubby used it for 5 days in Texas a few weeks ago. It works really well. I like that you can set it up from home, throw your card in before you leave for the airport and Bob's your uncle. They have just increased their data maximums and their unlimited texting and calling is what I like - even back to Canada. Works like a charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter