RO through Disney but hotel site has cheaper....

orlandonewstarts

Mouseketeer
Help please! I have a RO reservation through Disney already for my solo trip. Last night I had an email from a hotel booking site (not mentioning name in case its not allowed) telling me they had a coupon for 10% off hotels. Same hotel at WDW resort, same dates, etc but it saves me money.

Is there any downfall to booking through a website? Again my Disney room is booked for room only at this time. The savings I would earn would be about $125 so its enough to make me consider it. :)

Help please! I have a RO reservation through Disney already for my solo trip. Last night I had an email from a hotel booking site (not mentioning name in case its not allowed) telling me they had a coupon for 10% off hotels. Same hotel at WDW resort, same dates, etc but it saves me money.

Is there any downfall to booking through a website? Again my Disney room is booked for room only at this time. The savings I would earn would be about $125 so its enough to make me consider it. :)
Sometimes it can be a challenge to link reservations in MDE that were made thru a 3rd party booking platform. Otherwise, your reservation would be treated like any done directly thru Disney. For $125, I would make the change.

If you are going to do it, I would book the 3rd party one before cancelling the disney reservation. Just in case.

Unless I'm wrong, you will have to pay in full for the 3rd party one upon booking. And I believe if you want to make any requests you have to make it through that 3rd party.

Thank you both. I have kept my RO booking at Disney. And I have booked the room through the 3rd party website (paying in full but its refundable through 4.23). I think I will try to upload that to MDE tonight and see how it goes. If its a pain likely just keeping the RO and being happy to be there at WDW again so soon. :)

Thank you both. I have kept my RO booking at Disney. And I have booked the room through the 3rd party website (paying in full but its refundable through 4.23). I think I will try to upload that to MDE tonight and see how it goes. If its a pain likely just keeping the RO and being happy to be there at WDW again so soon. :)
I don't know if MDE will recognize two reservations for the same dates for only one person.

I got a room at pop last summer thru Priceline and had no problems linking tickets and making fp and adrs. Saved hundreds. Would do again in a heartbeat.

Booked POFQ through Orbitz 2 years ago, no issues. I did not need to send requests through them either, I dealt with Disney directly and everything set up in MDE just as if I had done it with Dis directly. Definitely save the cash!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter