RO followed by FD

firegurl

Mouseketeer
FD doesn't kick in until the 2nd day of our trip so I am going to do get a RO for the first night. What are the chances of us having to switch rooms? I do not look forward to the attitude from my family if we have to move rooms after the first night.
We have never done a split like this, is there anything else I should know. Will I end up with 2 set of MB's? We don't plan on going to the parks on the first day so tickets shouldn't be an issue.
Do I need to go back to the check in desk on our second day?

FD doesn't kick in until the 2nd day of our trip so I am going to do get a RO for the first night. What are the chances of us having to switch rooms?

Your odds are good for not having to switch if you book the same category of room for both reservations. Also link the 2 reservations in the system and then make a request to stay in the same room. When you check in for your room only, mention the package stay starting the next day and remind the CM you don't want to have to switch rooms.

Will I end up with 2 set of MB's?

Yup.

Yup. And you can do that as early as 6AM.

FD doesn't kick in until the 2nd day of our trip so I am going to do get a RO for the first night. What are the chances of us having to switch rooms? I do not look forward to the attitude from my family if we have to move rooms after the first night.
We have never done a split like this, is there anything else I should know. Will I end up with 2 set of MB's? We don't plan on going to the parks on the first day so tickets shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know about your chances but since they are two separate reservations you can be expected to possibly need to change rooms, you definitely have to check in again. Is there any way to change the start of your vacation to the second day instead so you don't have to worry about it.

You can pack a small suitcase with your outfits for the just first night and next day and needed personal stuff for the morning. Then you don't have to unpack and repack all your belongings if you don't get the same room. We do this when we cruise.

At this point, I am not willing to cut a day off of our trip. We will get down there early morning on Saturday and spend the day with family that lives in the area. It gives a little time to settle in before we start touring the parks. We are booking a pirate room at CBR so I am hoping that will help my chances of not moving rooms. It's not a deal killer if we have to switch, I would obviously just prefer not to.

We are booking a pirate room at CBR so I am hoping that will help my chances of not moving rooms. It's not a deal killer if we have to switch, I would obviously just prefer not to.

If you're booking a Pirate Room for both the room only and the package, your odds are really good you won't have to switch. :thumbsup2

Your odds are good for not having to switch if you book the same category of room for both reservations. Also link the 2 reservations in the system and then make a request to stay in the same room. When you check in for your room only, mention the package stay starting the next day and remind the CM you don't want to have to switch rooms.

Yup.

Yup. And you can do that as early as 6AM.

If you're booking a Pirate Room for both the room only and the package, your odds are really good you won't have to switch. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

We had split reservation for free dining offer at CBR last October. As previous poster said, link your 2 hotel reservations on MDE and make sure you are booked in same room category both reservations. I also called the resort directly a few days before checkin and made sure they knew we had a split reservation and didn't want to switch rooms if at all possible. We did get 2 sets of magic bands and did have to go to lobby to "checkin" again the day 2nd reservation started, but did not have to switch rooms. Hope that helps.

I have had 2 reservations and linked them and I have never had to change rooms. I also mention the 2nd reservation at check in.

You will get 2 magic bands. I actually have 3 reservations for my upcoming trip. 1 night RO, 7 nights regular dining plan and 7 nights quick service. I am also a passholder and have magic bands from our Aug 2013 trip. When I noticed on MDE I needed to customize one magic band for each reservation as well as my annual pass, I called to see if there was a way to put all reservations on the bands I already had I was told no. The CM said I would get 4 magic bands and all would have the information for my whole trip. He told me to enjoy picking out different colors if I wanted.

So I will have 5 magic bands. 1 from last year, 1 annual pass, 3 for the upcoming reservations. I will be able to color coordinate with my clothes. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter