Riviera preview at DVC Center at Saratoga Springs

TiggerDoc

Earning My Ears
We were invited to the DVC Riviera preview. The event could have been managed a little better. We were all gathered outside and called in individually..name tags and all that.There were some food offerings but too crowded...some folks were sitting on the floor.A violinist serenaded us. But that's not what we came for.The event began with a film which is now available online.The hostess was a comedian wearing a red beret with the Eiffel Tower stuck top.This was most likely a character from Hollywood Studios with a funny act to open it .Nice but now on to the nitty gritties.

Each family was assigned a guide for the tour. Derrick was well informed. There was a mockup of a Studio and a 1 Bedroom.This place will rival the Grand Floridian. I think it's even better with everything under 1 roof. The rooms are fabulous. Bright and welcoming in shades of white and grey. Nothing stuffy or overdone. All furnishings and decor are perfect.There is a double pull down bed in the 1 bedroom so no more dealing with pull out sofas.The studio has a single pull down.The bathroom design is great.Beautiful tile work.The shower has a built in seat and a rain shower head as we'll as a deluxe hand held shower head but the tub sadly does not have a whirlpool.

At the end of the tour the welcoming center has an ice cream parlor where we were welcomed to enjoy Gelato.They really know how to woo potential customers. There was absolutely no pressure to make a sale.This is another thing that makes Disney shine in the Timeshare market place.

DVC members get first crack with some nice incentives which only last for about a month. My home resort is the Beach Club . I was tempted but likely won't buy in.{ Just FYI ..If you want to buy Beach Club from Disney , if available it's going for $245 a point..Yikes!} I will surely book a stay here and just pay the going rate. I can't wait to experience the ambience of this resort. I must admit I was skeptical about the location and theming of this resort.Not any more.With the Skyliner station I think Disney has hit another home run.

We were invited to the DVC Riviera preview. The event could have been managed a little better. We were all gathered outside and called in individually..name tags and all that.There were some food offerings but too crowded...some folks were sitting on the floor.A violinist serenaded us. But that's not what we came for.The event began with a film which is now available online.The hostess was a comedian wearing a red beret with the Eiffel Tower stuck top.This was most likely a character from Hollywood Studios with a funny act to open it .Nice but now on to the nitty gritties.

Each family was assigned a guide for the tour. Derrick was well informed. There was a mockup of a Studio and a 1 Bedroom.This place will rival the Grand Floridian. I think it's even better with everything under 1 roof. The rooms are fabulous. Bright and welcoming in shades of white and grey. Nothing stuffy or overdone. All furnishings and decor are perfect.There is a double pull down bed in the 1 bedroom so no more dealing with pull out sofas.The studio has a single pull down.The bathroom design is great.Beautiful tile work.The shower has a built in seat and a rain shower head as we'll as a deluxe hand held shower head but the tub sadly does not have a whirlpool.

At the end of the tour the welcoming center has an ice cream parlor where we were welcomed to enjoy Gelato.They really know how to woo potential customers. There was absolutely no pressure to make a sale.This is another thing that makes Disney shine in the Timeshare market place.

DVC members get first crack with some nice incentives which only last for about a month. My home resort is the Beach Club . I was tempted but likely won't buy in.{ Just FYI ..If you want to buy Beach Club from Disney , if available it's going for $245 a point..Yikes!} I will surely book a stay here and just pay the going rate. I can't wait to experience the ambience of this resort. I must admit I was skeptical about the location and theming of this resort.Not any more.With the Skyliner station I think Disney has hit another home run.

Thank you for sharing. We are excited for our first stay there. We already purchased som Riv points. :)

Thank you for sharing. We are excited for our first stay there. We already purchased som Riv points. :)
I think I’m going to purchase a small RR contract today! I have a Beach Club contract which I bought resale – it’s an April use year – will I be able to choose a different use year for my new riviera contract? It would only be 76 points.
I heard not.

I think I’m going to purchase a small RR contract today! I have a Beach Club contract which I bought resale – it’s an April use year – will I be able to choose a different use year for my new riviera contract? It would only be 76 points.
I heard not.

My understanding is that you are treated as a new member if you want to buy a UY that you don't already own. That means that the minimum buy in for new members will apply for you (I think it is 100 points, but don't quote me on this). This also means that you cannot add on until Monday when sales open to new members. I know one purchaser said she had to add on to her current UY to be able to do 75 points.

We added onto an existing UY that we already own, so I do not have firsthand experience with this. I own 4 UYs, and I manage them just fine BTW. ;) Each of my UYs has a different resort associated with it except Aug where I just added Riv points. However, the plan is to sell the BWV points that currently sit in that UY, so it'll be down to one resort in my Aug UY. I hope this helps, and good luck with your decision. :)

My understanding is that you are treated as a new member if you want to buy a UY that you don't already own. That means that the minimum buy in for new members will apply for you (I think it is 100 points, but don't quote me on this). This also means that you cannot add on until Monday when sales open to new members. I know one purchaser said she had to add on to her current UY to be able to do 75 points.

We added onto an existing UY that we already own, so I do not have firsthand experience with this. I own 4 UYs, and I manage them just fine BTW. ;) Each of my UYs has a different resort associated with it except Aug where I just added Riv points. However, the plan is to sell the BWV points that currently sit in that UY, so it'll be down to one resort in my Aug UY. I hope this helps, and good luck with your decision. :)
This helps a lot!
I don’t think I will buy the minimum for a new purchase, I’ll probably just add 76 points to my current UY even though it’s not the best for us as a family.
But, I don’t think it matters too much because we tend to go throughout the whole year.
Thanks again!

This helps a lot!
I don’t think I will buy the minimum for a new purchase, I’ll probably just add 76 points to my current UY even though it’s not the best for us as a family.
But, I don’t think it matters too much because we tend to go throughout the whole year.
Thanks again!

No problem. If it's any consolation, we recently purchased a Dec UY VGC contract even though we tend to go in Nov. In other words, we bought the absolute worst possible UY for our current travel patterns. However, the price was too good to pass up, and it is pretty impossible for us to predict how we will be traveling for the next 40 years! ;)

No problem. If it's any consolation, we recently purchased a Dec UY VGC contract even though we tend to go in Nov. In other words, we bought the absolute worst possible UY for our current travel patterns. However, the price was too good to pass up, and it is pretty impossible for us to predict how we will be traveling for the next 40 years! ;)

Just spoke with DVC, and they said they are able to give me a different UY!
He just has to put the request in separately and have a very good reason to give them.
He also said that he can make sure that both of my memberships are under the same login, he was super helpful! So excited!

Just spoke with DVC, and they said they are able to give me a different UY!
He just has to put the request in separately and have a very good reason to give them.
He also said that he can make sure that both of my memberships are under the same login, he was super helpful! So excited!

That's awesome. Thank you for sharing! Congrats! :cheer2:

That’s why I bought my Beach Club contract – it’s the worst UY for us but it was only $12.50 per point for a 100 point contract :goodvibes

I have to ask how you got a BCV contract for $12.50pp?!?
They were selling $12.50 BCV out the back of the van in the Typhoon Lagoon parking lot earlier this year; offered a burlap bag with the purchase, but the way it was spelled "Dizney" and the way it made me itchy? Red flag for me, so I passed.

ETA: It was also the perfect UY. I've always wanted a January UY, but they're impossible to find for resale. Lines up perfectly with calendar year. Easy peasy, DVCeasy.

Last edited:
They were selling $12.50 BCV out the back of the van in the Typhoon Lagoon parking lot earlier this year; offered a burlap bag with the purchase, but the way it was spelled "Dizney" and the way it made me itchy? Red flag for me, so I passed.

ETA: It was also the perfect UY. I've always wanted a January UY, but they're impossible to find for resale. Lines up perfectly with calendar year. Easy peasy, DVCeasy.

Seems legit :rotfl:

That's still a great price. I honestly thought you bought them from a family member or something. :rotfl2:
That would have been amazing... i wonder if you could sell to a friend or family member and not have to go through a process like resale and ROFR?

That would have been amazing... i wonder if you could sell to a friend or family member and not have to go through a process like resale and ROFR?

Unfortunately, you do still have to go through ROFR. :/ I do wonder how many people fudge things though. I've actually read of people having to get an appraisal on something like a boat to trade for DVC points.

Unfortunately, you do still have to go through ROFR. :/ I do wonder how many people fudge things though. I've actually read of people having to get an appraisal on something like a boat to trade for DVC points.

Oh wow! That’s awesome, trading a boat for points :cool2:

I’m guessing people say the purchase is for a higher price so it passes Rofr, but then work out something privately if it’s friends/fam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter