Riviera Pools vs GF Pools

N

nw6675

We have a split stay coming up between the VGF and the Riviera. While we probably will have time to swim at both, we have a space for one full relaxation day at the pool. My DD11 doesn't care about fancy slides and enjoyed the BC quiet pool better than SAB.

That being said, if you had a day to relax - would you choose VGF or the Riviera for your down day?

I've never been to GF so I can't really answer your direct question, I can only compare the Riv pool to the people soup at the Poly.

The Riv feature pool was rarely people soup when we were there, maybe there was one day where it was harder to get a chair than I thought it would be. Bar Riva isn't inside the pool gates, but it has REALLY good food and there was a gelato cart inside the pool gate. I never made it to the quiet pool at Riv but it looked nice. There are also lawn games between the pools. I'm not a pool slide person (didn't go on the one at the Lava Pool) but the slide at Riv is a nice tame one.

I didn't like how far the restrooms were from the Riv Pool and the sun beats down on the feature pool all day, as it has a southern exposure.

I can't speak to the Riv pool situation since I never stayed there, but I very much enjoyed both the pools at GF. I feel a bit overwhelmed by SAB myself and preferred those. The slide at the Beach pool isn't too crazy (I even did it and I avoid pool slides). I did have a cabana at that one tbf but it was on Memorial Day and the area still didn't feel crowded, there were plenty of chairs and while there were more people later in the day it never felt people soup. The Courtyard pool was nice as well.

GF has 2 very large pools the main being a mirror image of the one at the Poly which is a fun pool and has a great slide. I have never seen any of the pools with the exception of SAB to a point where you would not want to go in. The Riv pools will likely be less crowded but they are also a lot smaller so if you catch one of those days everyone is at the pool it may feel very crowded. I have never seen those over crowded days people talk about but I could see it happening for a few hours and some very popular days in the afternoon. I would much rather spend a resort day at GF just to see the fireworks and water parade.

"No soup for you!"

So it sounds like it can be a toss-up. The trip is late Nov/early Dec so weather may factor as well.

Cabanas at the GF is what may tip me that direction. @kylenne sounds like you would get a cabana again?

I can speak to the RIV quiet pool. It’s my fav at RIV because I’m there for the hot tub without the children jumping in it that you find at the main pools. It’s very similar to BC Quiet Pool in terms of lots of open pool space (idk why a pp thought it was small, I actually think it’s bigger than BC’s quiet pool) and very few people. RIV’s has more loungers, easier access to food and the bar (30 seconds- 1 min away vs trekking to SAB), and the view line is nicer if you’re facing the Skyliner.

"No soup for you!"

So it sounds like it can be a toss-up. The trip is late Nov/early Dec so weather may factor as well.

Cabanas at the GF is what may tip me that direction. @kylenne sounds like you would get a cabana again?
I definitely would get a cabana there again in a heartbeat, it was fantastic having shade and a really comfy place to rest. There’s a tv and a Bluetooth speaker. Honestly it was totally absurd and OTT for just one person but I’m extra and you only turn 40 once (i didn’t intend to be solo but the Canadian border was still closed so gf could not come).

597D7B17-DD96-41BF-8274-3CAAFDDE53E7.jpeg
78AEA68B-9355-4EF9-A50D-7EBD0AD3CBBA.jpeg

In addition to the drinks and snacks they also bring around an afternoon dessert treat, I have a severe tree nut allergy so the bakery made me something special instead of the usual options and it was probably the best cupcake I’ve ever had. the red white and blue was because it was Memorial Day

C3E9E8F2-F147-4C6D-8199-C3289556241C.jpeg

Well. I wasn’t entirely solo actually. My friend was a bit of a diva.

5C383FCF-AF58-4FFF-8407-BB2C7CF9FA53.jpeg
5EF8466D-57D2-4141-95CB-C46DF192FD01.jpeg

Attachments

• B7F0A96B-187C-45D7-A177-FD5604060E40.jpeg
    B7F0A96B-187C-45D7-A177-FD5604060E40.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 1
I definitely would get a cabana there again in a heartbeat, it was fantastic having shade and a really comfy place to rest. There’s a tv and a Bluetooth speaker. Honestly it was totally absurd and OTT for just one person but I’m extra and you only turn 40 once (i didn’t intend to be solo but the Canadian border was still closed so gf could not come).

View attachment 750396
View attachment 750397

In addition to the drinks and snacks they also bring around an afternoon dessert treat, I have a severe tree nut allergy so the bakery made me something special instead of the usual options and it was probably the best cupcake I’ve ever had. the red white and blue was because it was Memorial Day

View attachment 750402

Well. I wasn’t entirely solo actually. My friend was a bit of a diva.

View attachment 750400
View attachment 750403
Love love love everything about your post!! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter