Riverside seating Fantasmic Review

XTinabell

DIS Veteran
Well I just got back yesterday from my week long trip to DLR! I had a great time and as soon as I got back I started looking at dates to go again. Before I went though I posted a question about the priority seating for Fantasmic and someone asked me to let them know how it worked and if it was good. I can't remember who that was and I can't find that thread. So anyway, our seating was for the later fantasmic show and we went to the yellow Jacket CM that was seating people for the early show and asked him what time we should check in. He said we could check in right then and there, and we weren't even the first to check in! So get there early if you want decent seating. To be honest my DH and I were very disappointed with the Riverside seating. To start with, the seating wasn't that great(I had a pole blocking part of my view and everyone else had a fence blocking theirs) and the desserts were awful IMO. On the plus side we had a great server who saved an extra box of desserts for us(even though we didn't want it in the end we still gratefully took it)and we got unlimited drinks. There was a couple sitting behind us who complained the whole show that they couldn't see anything and they refused dessert and drinks and ended up leaving before the show was over. While my DH and I didn't have as bad a time as that couple we still won't be spending the money to do that again. So hopefully that helps!

That sounds terrible :badpc: I am booked for this 3 weeks from now. :sad2: Speachless :sad2:

Echo queen said:
That sounds terrible :badpc: I am booked for this 3 weeks from now. :sad2: Speachless :sad2:

yeah well Im booked for sunday....Im totally aware of the fence and that doesnt bother me but I am definitely going to be over there way in advance....

Wow... Our experince was not like that at all. Desserts were okay, but I wasn't expecting much either. (Honestly I haven't been that impressed with the Gallery desserts either, but I am not there for the desserts) We did have the front row (actually in our section, we were the only row), so we were able to lean on the fence and it was not in our way. In some sections there were 3 rows, so I can see how the 2nd or 3rd row might have problems if they could not see over the people in front of them. They did let those in the back rows stand during the show, which is something you can not do if you are part of the crowds on the other side of the ropes.

My only dissapointment was that you don't see the performances over by Mark Twain dock, which you can from the Gallery.

I Guess that we will take our chances and sit with the crowd when we go in April. :confused3

John

I sat with the crowd for 2 hours for great seats. We didn't plan to wait that long, we were just exhausted and my feet hurt so I thought, why not sit and wait!!! Great views.

We have had great luck with the patio area near the Riverbelle Terrace/Golden Horseshoe.. We usually get something to eat and just hang out and wait for the show to start. The view is pretty good, even with the trees around. :thumbsup2

lucky1 said:
Wow... Our experince was not like that at all. Desserts were okay, but I wasn't expecting much either. (Honestly I haven't been that impressed with the Gallery desserts either, but I am not there for the desserts) We did have the front row (actually in our section, we were the only row), so we were able to lean on the fence and it was not in our way. In some sections there were 3 rows, so I can see how the 2nd or 3rd row might have problems if they could not see over the people in front of them. They did let those in the back rows stand during the show, which is something you can not do if you are part of the crowds on the other side of the ropes.

My only dissapointment was that you don't see the performances over by Mark Twain dock, which you can from the Gallery.

Since you have done both seating areas...which do you prefer? I have gallery seating for my upcoming Dec. trip..so there is no turning back now, but still I'm curious.

lucky1 said:

My DH and I were in a row by ourselves and I would say that he and I had the best seating because we didn't have anything in front of us except a rope and I had a brick pole thing blocking the left side of my view. They didn't let anyone stand but if they had I'm sure the people behind us would have stayed because they were whining they couldn't see over my head. But when I pay 118 bucks for seating and I sign in early I'm not moving(plus there was nowhere to move). There were people who didn't pay 60 dollars and were sitting right beside us. They didn't get chairs to sit on or desserts or drinks but nevertheless they didn't pay what we did and they saw the same show from the same view(and they showed up about ten minutes before the show). Where my DH and I were sitting we had an excellent view of the mark twain dock. We just couldn't figure out what we had paid so much money for when people were sitting right next to us on the steps.

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy it. We've done the riverside seating several times and have always had a great time. I actually prefer the riverside to the balcony! We've never had anything blocking our view and we haven't always been in the front row. I wonder if they've moved it slightly since we haven't done this for a few years now.

Someone asked about the 2nd show, it is always less crowded than the first showing. However on a very crowded holiday, you might not notice any difference. A great plan of action would be to head to Haunted Mansion, Splash and Winnie the Pooh during the first show, then as it's over, most of the traffic will start heading towards Adventureland. You can just move with the flow and slide right in to grab a good seat.

got2travel said:
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy it. We've done the riverside seating several times and have always had a great time. I actually prefer the riverside to the balcony! We've never had anything blocking our view and we haven't always been in the front row. I wonder if they've moved it slightly since we haven't done this for a few years now.

Someone asked about the 2nd show, it is always less crowded than the first showing. However on a very crowded holiday, you might not notice any difference. A great plan of action would be to head to Haunted Mansion, Splash and Winnie the Pooh during the first show, then as it's over, most of the traffic will start heading towards Adventureland. You can just move with the flow and slide right in to grab a good seat.

When we were there, there was actually two locations for riverside seating one was in front of haunted mansion(where we were) the other was more towards the balcony seating I guess. :confused3 I can't really remember. I also recommend going to the second showing because like I said earlier there were people showing up ten minutes prior to the show starting and they were sitting right next to us which us center stage and on the steps.

rosiep said:
Since you have done both seating areas...which do you prefer? I have gallery seating for my upcoming Dec. trip..so there is no turning back now, but still I'm curious.

I have only done riverside once and gallery multiple times (partly because they didn't offer riverside in the early years). I like the riverside because the seats were more comfortable and you had more room. Plus it was a close up view of the action. You actually felt the heat of the flames and a little bit of the spray of the water. The gallery is very nice because you are away from the crowds. The view is very nice and not obstructed expect maybe one of the side seats were you might have a tree limbs, but you have a dead on center view. What I disliked about the gallery seating is that I had a hard time balancing the plates and drinks and my DD would always spill.
You will enjoy

Blackhawkhobbes said:
Where is the best place to wait ? Also is it better to wait for the second show or is it just as busy ?
yes the second show has less people

lucky1 said:
I have only done riverside once and gallery multiple times (partly because they didn't offer riverside in the early years). I like the riverside because the seats were more comfortable and you had more room. Plus it was a close up view of the action. You actually felt the heat of the flames and a little bit of the spray of the water. The gallery is very nice because you are away from the crowds. The view is very nice and not obstructed expect maybe one of the side seats were you might have a tree limbs, but you have a dead on center view. What I disliked about the gallery seating is that I had a hard time balancing the plates and drinks and my DD would always spill.
You will enjoy

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I picked the gallery because I don't like crowds and thought the squeeze of Riverside would be more than I could stand. I'll report back when I get home..my daughter is 20 so if she spills she's on her own! :joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter