Rivers of light

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
Do you need a dining package or fastpass to see the first showing? How early should I get there to get a seat?

1. Do you need a dining package or fastpass to see the first showing?
2. How early should I get there to get a seat?

1. Unless the park is over-run with guests (near a holiday date or season,) no.
2. 45 minutes before would usually give you some options of seats.

Even with a FP one should try and get there at least 30 minutes early.

If you plan on eating at the park, then I would do the dining package for River of Lights.

I wouldn't use a FP for it; unless, you don't like the rides.

Also, it depends on how fussy you are about your seat. If you just want to get in the show then show up an hour early and you should be fine to get in without a reserved seat.

I’ve booked a dining package with reserved seats for the first ROL showing. There are two that night (8:30, 9:30) and the park is supposed to be quite busy due to spring break (apx 8).

Any ideas how early should we show up WITH the reserved seating? Thanks!

I’ve booked a dining package with reserved seats for the first ROL showing. There are two that night (8:30, 9:30) and the park is supposed to be quite busy due to spring break (apx 8).

Any ideas how early should we show up WITH the reserved seating? Thanks!

30-45 min. before show time is a good rule-of-thumb to get a bit more choice in seating.
Arriving earlier beats arriving later in nearly every case.

Personally I thought using a FP+ for Rivers of Light was the biggest wastes of a FP+ as I really didn't see the advantage gained by the FP+...there seemed to be plenty of seats just to our right that would have had just as good a view. I also thought Rivers of Light was a major bust...it lasted all of 12 minutes after sitting on the hard benches for almost 45 minutes and Illuminations was far better.

We currently have a ROL FP+ because we’ve never seen it and are taking my DFIL for the first time. We are trying to decide whether or not to keep the FP. (We will be there during spring break in a March.)
We’ve snagged a FoP FP+ and one for the safari. Other than EE or KRR, which we will not ride, are there any other attractions that need a FP+. We’ve never had trouble getting into the shows like UP or FLK.
Any suggestions are welcome...
If we do keep the pass how early do you have to show for the FP section?

Thank you so much!

If we do keep the pass how early do you have to show for the FP section?
30-45 min. before show time is a good rule-of-thumb to get a bit more choice in seating.
Arriving earlier beats arriving later in nearly every case.

As Robo said, 35 minutes is a good rule of thumb for the show. As far as other rides, Dinosaur is worth a FP+ and in my estimation would be a better use of a FP+ that ROL. I think that everyone should see the ROL show but IMHO it's just not worth using a valuable FP+ to see it.

i think around 25 minutes before show time (may vary per day) they will start filling in empty seats in the reserved section with all comers , so just make sure you are sitting down before then. Also note that the dining section is opposite the Nemo show theater.

Thanks, all! We'll plan on about 35 minutes before hand, and the map was very helpful. We always eat brunch at Tusker House anyway, so it was easy to book that reservation with the ROL package (& of course keep the FPs for rides!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter