Rivers of Light, Soarin' completion date

There are no plans for it to come back right now. Star Wars launch Bay is likely going to be there for a couple years as Star Wars Construction goes on.

I do know AoA does drawing classes for kids in the lobby but I don't know if that is for resort guests only.

Forgive me for not knowing this, but What will be there...? I'm assuming Star Wars characters for starters, but anything else?

And 1 more thing that is a lil confusing.... The TS Sig. /Pizzafari or whatever the name will be, is on one side of the park, but the Rivers of Light show is over in the Lake between Nemo show, & EE ?

Forgive me for not knowing this, but What will be there...? I'm assuming Star Wars characters for starters, but anything else?
Launch Bay is already open and has been since the beginning of December.

Darth Vader, and Chewie both meet and greet there. There is also a Disney Visa meet and greet.

They have props from the movies, a Disney Infinity play area, a merchandise area, and a short film.

And 1 more thing that is a lil confusing.... The TS Sig. /Pizzafari or whatever the name will be, is on one side of the park, but the Rivers of Light show is over in the Lake between Nemo show, & EE ?
Tiffins is behind Pizzafari. Yes Rivers of light will be on that lake. The restuarant is not really going to have views of the show.

Launch Bay is already open and has been since the beginning of December.

Darth Vader, and Chewie both meet and greet there. There is also a Disney Visa meet and greet.

They have props from the movies, a Disney Infinity play area, a merchandise area, and a short film.
Aghh.. Good to know that there is something rather than nuttin.:confused3 Thanks..

Tiffins is behind Pizzafari. Yes Rivers of light will be on that lake. The restuarant is not really going to have views of the show.

Ok I thought so. In an earlier post I thought it was implied that people eating here will have a good viewing of ( Rivers of Light )....But I'm guessing maybe the views will be of some of the new night time stuff, (When Pandora is finally opened).

There are no plans for it to come back right now. Star Wars launch Bay is likely going to be there for a couple years as Star Wars Construction goes on.

I do know AoA does drawing classes for kids in the lobby but I don't know if that is for resort guests only.
I always cherish my my drawings I did with my son. It's a shame my grandchildren will not be able to do it, but we are staying at AoA in May.

Last edited:

This is possibly just me but I find a Signature Restaurant in AK odd. I can't imagine dressing up and walking around in the humidity there and going to the petting zoo or the Safari in a dress. It could just be me though! I love the idea of a restaurant that can be a "dinner/show" for Rivers of Light though so I'll probably put my big girl dress on and deal with it lol.

This is possibly just me but I find a Signature Restaurant in AK odd. I can't imagine dressing up and walking around in the humidity there and going to the petting zoo or the Safari in a dress. It could just be me though! I love the idea of a restaurant that can be a "dinner/show" for Rivers of Light though so I'll probably put my big girl dress on and deal with it lol.
The only signature restaurant that has a dress code on property is Victoria and Alberts. This is not going to be a Victoria and Alberts so you don't need to dress up.

I read somewhere that Soarin' is trying to open on 2 June 2016. I am praying this is true as I am visiting 22 May - 5 June and it is my favourite ride!

What is the latest for Rivers of Light? Any estimated completion dates or threads/sites to follow for updates?

We are going for a quick weekend trip in May and need to know whether or not to schedule an evening at Animal Kingdom!

What is the latest for Rivers of Light? Any estimated completion dates or threads/sites to follow for updates?

We are going for a quick weekend trip in May and need to know whether or not to schedule an evening at Animal Kingdom!
Follow the pinned thread at the top for the most up to date info. Nothing new as of right now thoug.

A signature restaurant in AK isn't odd at all. All of the other parks have had a signature restaurant for many years: M. Paul's and Le Cellier in Epcot, HBD in DHS, and CRT in MK ( OK, not technically a signature, but its 2 TS credits). None of these have a dress code. Normal park attire is fine. It's about the food, service, and ambiance, not whether the ladies are in dresses.

It will not be a dinner show for ROL. Tiffins is way over by Pizzafari. ROL will have its main seating areas in Asia. However, it is rumored that Tiffins may offer a dining package, similar to that done for Fantasmic.

Just got back..... there must have been 100 workers out working on the Rivers of Light area. But looks like they have a lot more to do on the seating areas. But didn't see any sign of the show effects.... maybe that is already finished, maybe they haven't even started on that?

Was kinda strange having workers walking around in the Park from time to time....

Anyway, if the Star Wars fireworks show is permanent. I doubt RoL is going to be more than a one time experience for us. I taught Wishes was a really great night time show.... but the Star Wars display might be better, plus you can do Fantasmic too.

Epcot without SOARING.... they should give guest free park hopping options.

Just got back..... there must have been 100 workers out working on the Rivers of Light area. But looks like they have a lot more to do on the seating areas. But didn't see any sign of the show effects.... maybe that is already finished, maybe they haven't even started on that?

Was kinda strange having workers walking around in the Park from time to time....

Anyway, if the Star Wars fireworks show is permanent. I doubt RoL is going to be more than a one time experience for us. I taught Wishes was a really great night time show.... but the Star Wars display might be better, plus you can do Fantasmic too.

Epcot without SOARING.... they should give guest free park hopping options.
Rivers of Light does have speaker poles up in the area already. I don't know what kind of show effects you are looking for. This will be a show using lights, water and projections. Many of those have already been installed.

Star Wars fireworks are very good but in their current form I am not sure if they could sustain a Wishes type run. Add some projections maybe or other effects and it likely is the best show on property.

Disney give away free things? That never happens.

Rivers of Light does have speaker poles up in the area already. I don't know what kind of show effects you are looking for. This will be a show using lights, water and projections. Many of those have already been installed.

Star Wars fireworks are very good but in their current form I am not sure if they could sustain a Wishes type run. Add some projections maybe or other effects and it likely is the best show on property.

Disney give away free things? That never happens.
I don't know...a trip from May I went to buy something and was told it was "on mickey". Certainly made us feel good. My mother got the same message. Also on a trip in December Disney staff pulled us out from a crowd to take us on a private first tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris. Best tour ever, and sure seems to constitute something free from Disney to me...

I don't know...a trip from May I went to buy something and was told it was "on mickey". Certainly made us feel good. My mother got the same message. Also on a trip in December Disney staff pulled us out from a crowd to take us on a private first tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris. Best tour ever, and sure seems to constitute something free from Disney to me...
Well I have received like a free soda or mickey bar but Disney doesn't give away free hoppers because their parks are not sufficient to pay full price. That is what I was getting at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter