Rivers of Light in January?AK closes at 5

PersonalizedMouse

PersonalizedMouse
If Animal Kingdom closes at five in January, I wonder if they will they still show Rivers of Light. I know DHS shows Fantasmic at 7 when the park closes at that time. Has anyone heard anything? I'm trying to make dining plans.
Thanks!

No one has heard anything definite other than the RoL floats were spotted in AK a week or 2 ago so they're testing. Supposedly the goal is September, but no one will know until they're actually doing the show. With that being said, park hours in January will almost certainly be extended past 5:00.

Plan for the park to be open later than 5pm but you won't find out for sure until about a month to a month and a half before hand.

I spoke with the itinerary planners at AKL club level for this very reason. We are travelling 11/25-12/3 and are having a hard time bc we also see closing at 5 and no Star Wars fireworks at HS either... I was told this is how it is for now, but keep watching closer to 1 month out. She said Disney is keeping them on their toes! In the mean time, I hear you, this is totally screwing our planning ability!

I agree that Disney is ridiculously slow to post these things (they did not used to be nearly this slow, btw) but, I can nearly guarantee that they won't be as late as a month out before they extend the general hours and announce the events.

Figure that by that by 3-4 months you'll see a much closer listing of the actual schedule.
(Yes, within the last 2-4 weeks before, they can and do add a few selected events and extend the hours on a few nights, but overall, expect the general correct closing times to be listed much sooner than a month away.) Just keep checking.

And, yes, DAK will not be closing at 5PM in January.

Last edited:
but, I can nearly guarantee that they won't be as late as a month out before they extend the general hours and announce the events.

Figure that by 3-4 months out you'll see a much closer listing of the actual schedule

We are less than 50 days out and still no word on ROL or SW spectacular for first of Oct :-(

I am making my plans around a 7 PM closing time for AK in January, with only nighttime activities planned for after 5 PM so I won't miss out on anything if they don't extend, but we plan to leave by 6 PM that night anyway.

Again, just keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter