Rivers of Light Fastpass

teachmedis

Mouseketeer
Is this still tough to get? I can't find any dining packages for the day I'm going. It's spring break and there only appears to be one showing so I fear this one might be a lost cause.

I am hoping to grab one of these, without the dining package. But maybe the dining package is the way to go. Lots of time to figure it out for us, though.

It's still available for Presidents day weekend, which is only 6 weeks away.

I checked up to March 8, which is 60 days, and it is still there.

It's quite possibly a waste of a fastpass as the show seems to be prone to cancellation recently. They do give you a bonus FP (not for Fop or NRJ or ROL) if it is, but still when you could've been getting more FPs throughout the day...

Not often a critic, but seriously, if you miss it, don't stress too much about it. Easily the least of the nighttime shows at Disney. Wanted to be blown away, but something just doesn't quite click. I'd try and use one of the reservation finder services for a dining package. That way you don't have to sit on that 3rd FP all day when you could be stacking your extras

Is this still tough to get? I can't find any dining packages for the day I'm going. It's spring break and there only appears to be one showing so I fear this one might be a lost cause.

I would wait maybe a dinning package will open
It's quite possibly a waste of a fastpass as the show seems to be prone to cancellation recently. They do give you a bonus FP (not for Fop or NRJ or ROL) if it is, but still when you could've been getting more FPs throughout the day...

What do you mean the show has been canceling a lot what about those who have a dinning package

I would wait maybe a dinning package will open

What do you mean the show has been canceling a lot what about those who have a dinning package
They cancelled both later shows when we were there on Christmas Eve with perfect weather. This probably means cancellation due to technical difficulties is more common these days until they can get whatever issues resolved again. I don't know about what they do with dining packages in that case

You should still be able to get a fastpass. When I was trying to get a 4th fastpass for it, I would just keep refreshing the FP page on the app, and it eventually came up. If it doesn't pop up, just keep trying.

We're doing the Dining Package at Tiffins for ROL, week of March 11...We love the restaurant so it was a no-brainer for us!

When we were at AK on dec 28th, we were standing in the standby line for RoL and I just stood there and refreshed for 5min (I spent a LOT of time on this trip with my face in my phone refreshing for fastpasses) and snagged a FP for 9 people *at* the time the "entry" window started. There were 3 shows since it was between Christmas and New Year, so ymmv. If you can't get one ahead of time, just keep refreshing while you stand in the the normal line.

When we were at AK on dec 28th, we were standing in the standby line for RoL and I just stood there and refreshed for 5min (I spent a LOT of time on this trip with my face in my phone refreshing for fastpasses) and snagged a FP for 9 people *at* the time the "entry" window started. There were 3 shows since it was between Christmas and New Year, so ymmv. If you can't get one ahead of time, just keep refreshing while you stand in the the normal line.
Will my group of 2 need fastpasses the first week of February? There is only 1 show every night that week. I have scheduled fastpasses for Tuesday night, but would rather do AK on Monday instead. How early should I be there for standby if I can't get it as a 4th FP?

Can anyone explain this show? I haven't seen it yet, soI don't understand what all the fuss is about.

I don't understand ppl who say it's underwhelming. We loooooooooved it. It's a "Love the Earth" kind of vibe and there are giant floating flowers, a shaman, light projections of animals leaping, beautiful music and a lovely venue. You can bring food in, but plan ahead cuz there was nothing really close.... I ran all the way to Asia to get wine, soda and popcorn. We did the dining package (Tusker House) and I recommend that. The theater was full and it was early Sept. The stand-by line and fp line were huge, it was so nice to just grab our seat 15 mins before the show. Go!

I don't understand ppl who say it's underwhelming. We loooooooooved it. It's a "Love the Earth" kind of vibe and there are giant floating flowers, a shaman, light projections of animals leaping, beautiful music and a lovely venue. You can bring food in, but plan ahead cuz there was nothing really close.... I ran all the way to Asia to get wine, soda and popcorn. We did the dining package (Tusker House) and I recommend that. The theater was full and it was early Sept. The stand-by line and fp line were huge, it was so nice to just grab our seat 15 mins before the show. Go!
Everyone I know who has seen it has had a "what did i just watch?" reaction. I'm glad you loved it, but I can't get anyone to explain why I should spend valuable time watching projections on water about nature with Earthly music playing.

I agree. I thought it was very pretty and very different, but I had no idea what was supposed to be going on or if there was a theme. The only way to know how you will feel about it is to see it.

I’ve had this same question for a while now. We are going in February and was wondering if we should book a ride for our third fastpass or use it for ROL. We want to see the second show of the night. We’re scheduled to ride Flight of Passage as our third fastpass around 4:45pm. I estimated that I would be able to book our 4th fastpass around 5:00pm after we get off the ride (first time riding and I don’t want to be distracted with FP stuff while in the queue).

We have annual passes, so over the past week each night, I have checked same-day fastpass availability for ROL at or a little after 5:00pm for the second show. Mind you, this has been over a holiday week with crowd levels of 9-10 with some wacky weather, but I every day, I was able to see availability for ROL for the second show after 5:00pm. It may not show right away when you refresh the app many times, but they eventually showed. I also found that when you view the availability for one person at a time, the second show showed up faster. I even practiced booking one person, confirming it, then looked for a second one-person time, and most times it would immediately showed up.

I now have confidence that we will be able to get three 4th fastpasses for ROL after 5pm for our February trip, so I changed it to EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter