• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of Light by the end of October?!?

Hope it's not seasonal and open when I go in January

No worries there - there's no way they put all this effort into this show to keep people in the park a couple hours extra, and then they go seasonal. Assuming the show is good (and boy it better be) the better question is "how do I get seats without a 2 hour wait".

Really hoping that ROL will be up and running on 11/5. I just booked Tusker House dinner at 4:15 in the hopes that will be our AK night, as I have HDDR booked on our full AK day.

So hope this show will be up and running soon. We are going to be there October 29-November 5 and would love to see ROL.

Really hoping that ROL will be up and running on 11/5. I just booked Tusker House dinner at 4:15 in the hopes that will be our AK night, as I have HDDR booked on our full AK day.

We will be at AK on the 6th and I just saw that the park hours changed again. This time until 7pm. Even if there is no ROL (fingers crossed that it's running) at least we will get to spend time there after dark. Everest at night has got to be amazing and the tree of life looks breath taking! I think we have a good shot at ROL being ready.

So hope this show will be up and running soon. We are going to be there October 29-November 5 and would love to see ROL.

We're going the exact same time frame, I hope it's open! I noticed Animal Kingdom is now open till 8:30 every night while we're there. I changed one of my dining to Yak & Yeti so we could have a late night at AK.

Oddly quiet on this front. What are the latest rumors? They've supposedly turned it over to Park operations, had rehearsals... so??? Budget delays? Waiting for MSEP to leave to use this to soften the blow?

Oddly quiet on this front. What are the latest rumors? They've supposedly turned it over to Park operations, had rehearsals... so??? Budget delays? Waiting for MSEP to leave to use this to soften the blow?
It's doing rehearsals every night. There is a technical director that posts on Instagram staying at Contemporary and is posting from AK pretty much every night saying they are working on rehearsals and pushing to get it done. From what I've seen some sort of previews will be done before it officially opens.

It's doing rehearsals every night. There is a technical director that posts on Instagram staying at Contemporary and is posting from AK pretty much every night saying they are working on rehearsals and pushing to get it done. From what I've seen some sort of previews will be done before it officially opens.
Very encouraging news indeed! Thanks for the update, rteetz!

That sounds encouraging, here's hoping it's up and running while I'm there over Halloween/first week of November. Even if just previews we might get into.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say previews/soft open won't happen by Monday?

You don't show these things to executives unless you know it's going to go well.
True but depending on how it went and how well they liked could mean it's coming very soon or not very soon. If executives said no it's back to working on things again.

True but depending on how it went and how well they liked could mean it's coming very soon or not very soon. If executives said no it's back to working on things again.

This is true, but the execs most likely know what the show is supposed to look like. And at THIS stage of the game, it is unlikely that they would present it to the executives if they didn't think it was going to meet expectations. You are right - things could go wrong, or someone high up could not be satisfied, but I simply don't think AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME they would be bringing the execs in to watch a show that was working at 100%.

This is true, but the execs most likely know what the show is supposed to look like. And at THIS stage of the game, it is unlikely that they would present it to the executives if they didn't think it was going to meet expectations. You are right - things could go wrong, or someone high up could not be satisfied, but I simply don't think AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME they would be bringing the execs in to watch a show that was working at 100%.
I agree and assuming everything is fine this show should open by the end of October.

There may not be a good precedent for this, but would they typically let a new show like this run for a while before offering FP+ for it?

There may not be a good precedent for this, but would they typically let a new show like this run for a while before offering FP+ for it?
Not necessrily. They know how to seat people already since they had that practice with jungle book. The biggest worry is just making sure the show works and works well.

Just crossing fingers we somehow magically get in to see it during our mid-Oct. trip. I am doubtful but hopeful. Like playing the lottery. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter