• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Country

When we were there my dad asked a CM at FW about it. He heard that it was going to be closed for a couple years and then reopen for FW guests. If that's true it would be great for the campers! Not to mention the DVC pool hoppers.

When we were at FW last weekend we heard from a long time cast member that they were having trouble with the water quality of Bay lake. They stopped people from swimming in the lake at the beach at FW because of poor water quality. A lot of Florida lakes have problems with bacteria this time of year. All of River country except the pool uses Bay lake water. The official word from Disney was that it was closed for renovations but you sure don't see any work being done. I would love to see the whole place open up to FW quest but if that's not possible because of water quality they could at least open the River Country pool to FW guest. It is a much nicer pool than the plain Jane Basic pools used at FW now. It is a shame to have such a nice pool just sitting there unused.

We just got back from FW on Sat. We asked a few people what was going on with River Country and got several different answers. The most common one was that WDW spent so much money on Blizzard Beach that they want to fill that and TL as well. Staffing costs the same for each park but BB and TL have a higher fee, so more $ for WDW.

I don't buy the lake quality therory (although a boy just died in FL from a bateria that he contracted from a different lake) because they still have water skiing, jet skis, mouse boats...on the lake. If it truely was a bacteria problem, they wouldn't allow anyone in the lake.

BTW, we didn't see anyone working on renovations at RC. We also noticed that all of the traffic signs for RC are still up. It isn't until you actually get into FW that the RC sign says it's closed.

Just my thoughts!

Diane

RC closed about this time last year but it never reopened, It has been closed for over a year now. :(

I was there this past Tues and Wed. They had several workers at RC doing something on top of the mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter