River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop, stop, stop! No political talk! Last thing I want to do when I come here is read political commentary.

(I know, I know... it is hard sometimes to keep on topic)

Uhhh,,sorry,,but hey, I did throw Disney in there too !:thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

My husband and I went to RC close to 15 years ago. We don't have a single picture to prove it.:guilty:

I would love to see more more pictures from the good ole' days if you guys have any (and if you don't care for the thread to be hi-jacked). Or point me to another thread. Getting very nostolgic.

I would love to see more more pictures from the good ole' days if you guys have any

Now that I have 10 posts I can get these on here...

Here are some we dug up from early 1982 (during the "TenCennial" celebration, I think.)

I obscured some faces so family members don't come after me! :)

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

flamtap

River Country:lovestruc I really wish it would be re-opened. Of all the times I've been to disney I remember it being open only once, and then they closed it:sad2: I would have loved to have been able to visit it more then once

Thanks for sharing the pics! At the time, I remember RC as being something so different from my "big city" world.

I've talked to a lot of people about the different kinds of CM's you'll come across.

The ones that are there for a paycheck are the ones that'll do what they need to do.
The ones that make the magic are the ones that love the company for what Walt wanted it to be. They're the ones that take pride in everything they do, and go out of their way to make everything special.

When I attended traditions in 2006, it was one day... partial day cause half way through you meet up with some one from your department to go get costumes. Your second day is spent in the park that you'll be working at. I did DAKlamations and Once Upon a Time is now, neither one of them I felt I learned ANYTHING from.

It's amazing how many cast members that work there, that can't even tell you the names of characters from classic movies, or even what movie they're from. I always get Foulfellow and Gideon mixed up.

I grew up going to Disney at least once a summer. We stayed off site, and only visited the Magic Kingdom. If we ever visited RC or DI, I don't remember it. But I do remember having a character breakfast on the Impress Lilly.

Now that I have 10 posts I can get these on here...

Here are some we dug up from early 1982 (during the "TenCennial" celebration, I think.)

I obscured some faces so family members don't come after me! :)

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

flamtap

The second and fourth pictures are not RC, they are from the original Polynesian feature pool(before the current volcano pool), you can see the longhouses in the background. Nice memories!

I visited River Country back on spring break in college- 1978 or 1979. I remember a beach where there were volleyball nets, too. I'm sure I have pictures but they are buried in a photoalbum somewhere in the dark depths of the closet.

I think the bathrooms from RiverCountry are still in use. We did the Segway tour there last year and the bathrooms still said something about River Country, from what I remember.

I think the bathrooms from RiverCountry are still in use. We did the Segway tour there last year and the bathrooms still said something about River Country, from what I remember.

We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ about 2 years ago, and they made use of the main entrance to RC, and one of the buildings at the with the bathrooms. It was cool then to see the traces of an old favorite still there. We peeked thru the fences and I noticed a lot of the debris all over...you would think Disney would do a much better job at "hiding" that from the guests, LOL.

My guess is that Disney has plans for the area, and therefore isn't going to do anything with it until those plans are finalized. Why spend money tearing it down when there's no project yet to "charge" it against, LOL.

Great pics! Thanks to TCD for posting them and for exploring. I've gone past that area so many times and wondered what it looked like now inside...thanks for the inside view!

I never had the opportunity to go to RC but it looks like it was great fun. I find it very sad that Disney does not take the time to at least clean it up but I think that fixing it up would be a very successful proposition for them. Maybe someday there will be something new there.

Thanks for the pics . My DD 23 just asked about RC while we were there this past week . She has tons of pics we took there when she thought she was The Little Mermaid LOL

The second and fourth pictures are not RC, they are from the original Polynesian feature pool(before the current volcano pool), you can see the longhouses in the background. Nice memories!

Ok, thanks for identifying! I was the 5-year-old in those photos so of course I don't remember!

-R

you made it into the newspaper TCD!!!!

"before-and-after photos of River Country surfaced online, promting extensive discussions on several fan forums."

didn't think is would get this popular now did ya??

thedailydisney.com
orlandosentinel.com/tpr

Great Work!! I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed these photos. I've always been curious about this area nowadays. I would love to go explore RC in person and see what it has become. I would LOVE to get my hands on some of the old signage and relics from this not-so-forgotten attraction

I wonder if Disney will do something about RC now? At least a clean-up maybe? I'd love to see the plaque given a place of honor :thumbsup2

Awsome pictures and Very Interesting!!! I love looking at these pictures of old and abandoned rides

We went to River Country in 2000, I think that was the year before it closed. We had a great time..loved the pool & slides. I remember the kids watching a parade with the characters! Just saw the recent pics. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter