River Belle vs Blue Bayou for Fantasmic

thegootzie

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide between the River Belle Terrace premium and Blue Bayou. I've never done either but would like to try during my September trip. My big question is around seating. I know at RBT you eat and watch from your seat, but where do you watch for BB? Is it a standing location or is there a place to sit?

F! viewing for the BB package will be seated on the ground in the F! viewing area. The BB section is typically dead center facing the main F! stage and water fountain and, depending on when you arrive in the section, you may be able to get a spot at the front of the railing if you wish. The viewing area is sloped and you are close enough that it's easy to see from anywhere in this section.

FWIW, the RBT NON-Premium section is the same setup as the BB section and is typically right next to it to the right (at least that's where it was pre-pandemic) and Hungry Bear is to the left of the BB section (if you are facing the RoA). While being in the middle section is nice the other two sections are pretty good too. I personally don't feel BB is worth it just for the F! viewing (compared to HB or RBT) unless you are planning to or want to eat at BB anyway.

I've never done the RBT Premium where you are seated at a table as the location doesn't appeal to me. It's a bit far back and off to the side for my liking.

If view is most important and you can sit on the ground: Blue bayou

If you need a chair and are okay with a possibly slight obstructive view: do the riverbelle premium.

My main concern is that standing for prolonged time frames (especially at the end of a long day) is really difficult for me so I want to make sure I have a seat somewhere. Thanks for the info!

I think the bigger question is IF you can get the River Belle Premium package. Many have tried all of their tricks and weren't able to get it.
If you aren't successful immediately, you may want to book BB and then release it if you're able to find an opening.
Good luck!

It's been a few years, but we did both on our last trip. We greatly preferred Blue Bayou (we don't have trouble sitting on the ground, though). The view was perfect, and the meal at BB was better than the one at RBT. I also enjoy the ambience of BB and the novelty of being part of the ride for the people in the boats. My biggest issues with the table view at RBT were these: 1) the obscure viewing angle; 2) that crowds continuously walked past as we were viewing. It made it more difficult to sink into the experience of the show. We felt the value of the BB package was higher all around.

It's been a few years, but we did both on our last trip. We greatly preferred Blue Bayou (we don't have trouble sitting on the ground, though). The view was perfect, and the meal at BB was better than the one at RBT. I also enjoy the ambience of BB and the novelty of being part of the ride for the people in the boats. My biggest issues with the table view at RBT were these: 1) the obscure viewing angle; 2) that crowds continuously walked past as we were viewing. It made it more difficult to sink into the experience of the show. We felt the value of the BB package was higher all around.
I am interested in how you managed to get the reservation for RBT Premium viewing?

I am interested in how you managed to get the reservation for RBT Premium viewing?
To be honest, it was in 2018 and I don't remember exactly how I did it. Reservations certainly are more competitive now than they were then. Also it used to be possible to book reservations over the phone but I don't think that's the case anymore. I am definitely the kind of hardcore planner who is is on top of it at the exact moment reservations open, so whatever the process was, I'm sure I jumped on it instantly as soon as the reservation window opened.

We are 60 days out and trying to get Riverbelle Premium, no luck at 6AM PACIFIC today. Any info or suggestions?
I’ve tried so many times I’ve lost count

A mock booking as a trial run before my first booking day opened, fail

Then four days in a row of real trying, all failed

Now I check whenever it crosses my mind and I’ve signed up for an online alert system.

Just did Hungry Bear F! package as that was all I was able to book. Fantastic value at $35. Not sure why but they initially sat us in the Hungry Bear area which is left of Blue Bayou, but then offered everyone the option of moving over. We were basically dead center. I did not see anyone with cushions so perhaps that is no longer an option for the Blue Bayou package. I can't see the BB package being worth it. I did BB and River Belle (not premium) pre-pandemic. If I had to do it again, it would be Hungry Bear hands down. To the OP, the only thing I would add is that sitting for over an hour on the cement can get a little painful. If you think that will be a problem, try to get RB premium.

They specifically asked everyone to remain seated for the show, same as pre-pandemic.

We enjoyed the BB one in 2018 and sat in that spot in 2019. Loved the food. The view is amazing and very immersive. Got the cushion the first time and used it again the 2nd time, which did not include a BB meal. I have read that they are not giving the cushion anymore. RBT view is not ideal but better if you have to have a chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter