• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RIV availability

DisneyYannuzzFam

Earning My Ears
Hi there! Currently a resale owner but about to pull the trigger on some direct points and was wondering what the availability to book Riviera at the 7 month mark looks like? We usually travel in the fall so I think it may be tight. I don't have access to check availability so was just looking for some info. Thanks!

Hi there! Currently a resale owner but about to pull the trigger on some direct points and was wondering what the availability to book Riviera at the 7 month mark looks like? We usually travel in the fall so I think it may be tight. I don't have access to check availability so was just looking for some info. Thanks!
Basically, studios are hard to get but suites are not.

That time of year people book right at 11 months especially the SV rooms.

We do not allow people to share what is actually available because it changes so often that until one can book it doesn’t really matter.

But, I would not expect it to be easy to book that resort easily at 7 months.

Agreed that I have seen limited availability that time of year. SV in most room types is unlikely and I suspect Riviera will get harder to book at 7 months as the resort sells out and resale owners increase.

Peak DVC times you need to book SV studios and 2 bed lock offs at the 11 month mark already.

I've had good luck getting a studio at end of August. Had a tower room last year and a preferred view studio this year. But I don't think it's easy most of the time.

To early to tell honestly since its still being sold. The next couple years while the resort is still on sale should be easier. Long term its harder to tell. One thing you have going for you is that DVC has been making the fall more costly via the point chart changes so the more expensive it gets the more people who might choose to travel during another time of the year.

If your sole goal is staying at Riviera I would just buy there (since its less expensive then pretty much any other direct). If you just want to be able to stay there 1 or 2 times over 10-15 years then you likely will be able to do that.

Just pulled the trigger on direct at VGF2 so as soon as the points are loaded I’m gonna check out Riviera😁

Agreed that I have seen limited availability that time of year. SV in most room types is unlikely and I suspect Riviera will get harder to book at 7 months as the resort sells out and resale owners increase.

Peak DVC times you need to book SV studios and 2 bed lock offs at the 11 month mark already.
Riviera owner here and booking rooms there since NYE 2019 - standard views go well before 7 months (I book at 11) and at peak times will go very close to 11 months, especially studios. I had been planning a trip for late summer (around Labor Day) as a split stay between VGF and RIV, I booked around 10 months in advance and standard studios were already gone at Riviera over Labor Day weekend. Ended up booking a split and switching at 7mo to BCV (also before Labor Day) using BLT points.

Labor Day time is really hard for the EP area resorts because of Food and Wine and pretty low point costs. Now that there are Halloween events then as well, it has been really challenging.

RIV isn't even half sold. Right now, studios can be tough, and peak times, like all DVC properties.

But this property has a lot more points to sell, and eventually there will be resale in play that is stuck booking RIV. No one knows how those factors will impact availability down the line.

RIV isn't even half sold. Right now, studios can be tough, and peak times, like all DVC properties.

But this property has a lot more points to sell, and eventually there will be resale in play that is stuck booking RIV. No one knows how those factors will impact availability down the line.

I didn't even think about the resale contracts having nowhere else to book...hopefully I can get in to see if I even like it and then decide if I need points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter