Risk of buying tickets at gate

Bigwands

Mouseketeer
Me again!
How much of a risk is it to purchase tickets at the gate rather than before travelling? The special rate tickets have to be purchased at the gate, but I'm worried about flying all the way there and the park being at capacity or something. We're only doing 1 day, so it's not like we could find something else to do and try again. We would be there April 16 2023 and arriving at the park around 11 hopefully. I see that's peak ticket pricing, but it's after the Easter holiday so hopefully not quite as crowded as the previous week.

When we were there a few weeks ago, the ticket windows at the Disneyland Park were closed, but the ones at the Studios were open (and had rather long queues as well).

See, I thought I'd read that, but then their site still says that's how you buy the special rate tickets. Clearly I'm going to have to contact them directly. Glad I asked though!

If it's for a guest with disability, there are ticket windows open at each park and at the concierge desk if staying at a Disney resort Disneyland Paris has to have tickets available each day and you can also get discounted tickets for companions. This link allows you to send in your medical proof in advance for validation and to get your priority card approved. Disneyland Paris Priority Cards

Last Saturday and Sunday there were notices saying parks were at capacity and it wasn't possible to buy tickets at the gates. The same messages didn't appear during the week, so I guess it's possible to buy them now? If at all possible, I wouldn't risk it.

I would buy them in advance, it would be worth the extra money to know I could get in. I can't imagine getting to the park and then not being able to get in because I didn't want to spend an extra $10 -$20 per ticket in advance.

See, I thought I'd read that, but then their site still says that's how you buy the special rate tickets. Clearly I'm going to have to contact them directly. Glad I asked though!
Okay, so if anyone else is wondering they reserve tickets for disabled visitors because the only way to get that rate is to purchase at the gate. Regular tickets are not available at the gate, but the special ones are regardless of park capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter