• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance wait times

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I just got back from a quick trip and wanted to share my experience. $ILL for Rise was $22 and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it after spending $20 on Genie+. So I decided to take my chances in standby.

Park opened at 8 for resort guests, And rise was initially closed. I did Single rider on Smugglers Run and then came back.

8:31am- posted wait time for Rise is 90 minutes. Line stretches down to the entrance of Galaxy’s Edge. I settle in for a long wait.

9:01am- I’m at the first pre show room with Rey.

9:22am- I’m walking off the ride. Not even close to 90 minutes even including ride time.

Wondering if this was a fluke, I tried it again at the end of the night.

8:08- 75 minute posted wait time, I get in line.
8:27- In the first pre show room
8:53- Walking off the ride

I wanted to share in case this info helps anyone. I’ve heard reports that the wait times were inflated and that was definitely my experience on a Monday in October.

Unless you are at the park about 45 minutes before EE, the line builds really fast for Rise. We were there last week on 2 days. EE at 8. by 8:30 the line was at Muppets on Tuesday and Saturday. Later in the day, the line looked shorter, but you then have all of the ILL$, so the line is longer. For us, paying the ILL$ was worth every penny. YMMV.

We just got back yesterday and on Tuesday when I got into G+ in the morning for HS and checked iLL$ and saw that with tax they wanted $30.89 per rider X 4 of us ( I will not repeat my words here) lets just sat it was an emphatic NO. So, we kept checking times using touringplans and saw that it dropped to 70 minutes and headed straight there and we only waited 63 minutes:) BTW, Disney had 90 minutes posted when we got there. I am soooooooo glad I did not pay for iLL$, I would have been greatly disappointed, IMO, definitely not worth iLL$. I will take GOTG 100 times over ROTR and we got that through the VQ at 7AM:)

Last edited:

On Friday November 18th we walked straight over after the first Fantasmic and only waited 22 minutes in the RoR standby line. Sign outside said 70 minutes(this is known to be done at park closing of course).

I'm a huge Star Wars fan but this experience is one and done for me. Thrilling the first time when you've never seen it before, but super boring even just the 2nd time.

It's not worth the wait or the ILL in my opinion after you've done it already because it's just plain BORING. What a wasted opportunity to make something both immersive AND thrilling. There are no thrills here folks. Zero. The one short moment of a slight thrill is a huge let down.

In fact I'd say the entire area is as exciting as the color they chose to make everything in the whole area - beige. No wonder the Star Cruiser project failed. YAWN

I’ve done RotR probably 5 or 6 times now and love it. I did it recently for the first time in a few years and had the biggest smile throughout. It’s very immersive and thrilling to me. I don’t know how they could make it more thrilling without doing a rollercoaster, and that would not be nearly as immersive, and it would exclude a lot of people who can’t do roller coasters. Not everyone will like everything of course and that’s ok 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter