Rise of the Resistance strategy

Mano22

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. (I saw the 100 page Rise thread but that was started 18 months ago pre-covid and I read through quite a bit of it before giving up.) We have one day in the park, and Rise is our only must do. What is the best way to make sure this happens while minimizing wait time? Happy to read some other thread if someone could point me in the right direction (or right page number :)) Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a step by step instructions on the process in my DLR Planning and Information thread linked below. Also posted a very helpful 1 minute YouTube video on the process from FiveFires YouTube channel. Mondo does a great job at showing you the process, as some people like me are more visually oriented with seeing it done.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...d-information-thread-updated-7-12-21.3843617/
I have multiple tickets attached to my account but we will only have 2 of them as active when we are there. Will it be an issue with the other tickets being on my app at that time?

Just worried to delete them because the original emails no longer link to the tickets and we had to get disney to reconnect them to my account.

I have multiple tickets attached to my account but we will only have 2 of them as active when we are there. Will it be an issue with the other tickets being on my app at that time?

Just worried to delete them because the original emails no longer link to the tickets and we had to get disney to reconnect them to my account.

Hard to say, several people have said they have had multiple tickets in the DL app and not have any issues with Boarding Groups. Some others, have had multiple ticket sets and have missed out on Boarding Groups at 7am.

My guess, if you bought your Disneyland tickets and made the reservations at the same time on the Disneyland website or app, that they would be directly linked. When then wouldn't have an issue with Boarding Groups.

Although if you bought multiple tickets (let's say you got one set of 4 day Park Hoppers and another set of 3 day Park Hoppers both linked in the app) from outside vendors or part of a vacation package (like Costco) and THEN made reservations to the parks.

Maybe with those 2 sets of tickets (3 day and 4 day hoppers from the example above) the Disneyland app can't tell which of your ticket sets are tied to your reservation and doesn't automatically select your party. You would then have to automatically select the names yourself but that delay in selecting the names will cause you that delay in several seconds and miss out on the boarding group at 7am. This isn't as much of an issue for the 12pm boarding groups, as long as you've already entered one of the parks. Which then links one set of your tickets to that reservation.

People who have had this issue have reported that they created a new Disneyland account and have one set of tickets linked on one account and another set of tickets on the secondary account. They said there wasn't any issues with getting BGs after they split them up.

Hard to say, several people have said they have had multiple tickets in the DL app and not have any issues with Boarding Groups. Some others, have had multiple ticket sets and have missed out on Boarding Groups at 7am.

My guess, if you bought your Disneyland tickets and made the reservations at the same time on the Disneyland website or app, that they would be directly linked. When then wouldn't have an issue with Boarding Groups.

Although if you bought multiple tickets (let's say you got one set of 4 day Park Hoppers and another set of 3 day Park Hoppers both linked in the app) from outside vendors or part of a vacation package (like Costco) and THEN made reservations to the parks.

Maybe with those 2 sets of tickets (3 day and 4 day hoppers from the example above) the Disneyland app can't tell which of your ticket sets are tied to your reservation and doesn't automatically select your party. You would then have to automatically select the names yourself but that delay in selecting the names will cause you that delay in several seconds and miss out on the boarding group at 7am. This isn't as much of an issue for the 12pm boarding groups, as long as you've already entered one of the parks. Which then links one set of your tickets to that reservation.

People who have had this issue have reported that they created a new Disneyland account and have one set of tickets linked on one account and another set of tickets on the secondary account. They said there wasn't any issues with getting BGs after they split them up.
Thank you!!!! That is a good idea!!! I could make an account even on hubbies phone and just have our two tickets scanned in and active...

Spent so many hours on hold with Disney I just don't want to lose these tickets again and have to get them re attached. They were all purchased from Disney directly but are the Canadian Resident tickets that they extended the expiry on.

Thanks again Matrixleos, I practiced this morning at 6:50 Pacific and I got in!

We are going for only 2 days, no park hopper, 1 day in each park, 6 people in my party. We have the park reservations and all 6 of the 2-day tickets loaded into my account on the Disneyland app. That is all we need right? And so on the day of our Disneyland reservation, I just try to get a boarding group as shown in the video and I will be good to go? And same for Webslingers on our CA day?

Thanks again Matrixleos, I practiced this morning at 6:50 Pacific and I got in!

We are going for only 2 days, no park hopper, 1 day in each park, 6 people in my party. We have the park reservations and all 6 of the 2-day tickets loaded into my account on the Disneyland app. That is all we need right? And so on the day of our Disneyland reservation, I just try to get a boarding group as shown in the video and I will be good to go? And same for Webslingers on our CA day?
Great news, sounds like you're all set.

Just trust the system will have your party of 6 already preselected when you do the process live with a valid park reservation and tickets. Best of luck!

I want to impress what @Matrixleos said. Do not go to press select all - just trust that everyone is selected - that extra second pressing the select all made a difference for us the first time. We were 6 people trying to ROR and most of us tried to hit select all and then were told boarding groups were gone.
Also as an additional help one of our daughters had a world clock opened on her laptop and we knew when it was about to turn 7am (like 6:59 and 59 seconds) :rotfl2:. We then got ROR and then Webslingers the next day. Hoping you get in. ROR is an unbelievable ride.

Hopping into this thread to clarify as I am visiting in Sept and have not yet done a VQ. This morning at 7am I tried to practice. Got to the page where it listed the three tix linked in my account but they weren't all checked and the join boarding group button at the bottom was greyed out. I felt like I had to hit select all to check them off and make join boarding group button selectable - but of course as I hit the select all button the board groups had all been taken and opportunity gone. So my question is - were the 3 tix in my account not already selected when I go to that window because 2 of them are 4 day tix and 1 of them is a 2 day tix? Do I need to create a separate disney account for the 2 days when that third person is joining us?

Whoops wait - just answered my own question by reading the instructions thread - we were all not selected because we do not have valid reservations for today - OK we will be preselected when we have a valid tix and res for that day - thanks all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter