Rise of the Resistance rope drop (and other silly questions).

I would add to the others who said it’s a high risk strategy to rope drop Rise. If it is down, which it usually is, then you are far away from other major things and have given up a significant portion of the morning “golden hour” with the trek over there.

Also, as an FYI Space Mountain does not offer single rider before 11am.
You go through Frontierland past the left hand side of Big Thunder then into Batuu and turn left

@AstroBlasters It seems like they were responding to the poster (@maleficent55 ) who was asking the best way to get there if they have early entry. From previous comments, it sounds like early entry can line up in Fantasyland and have a slight advantage/shorter trip.

And yes, I'm so aware that this isn't the best idea! But we got a lot more often than them, (they haven't been to DL since 2017 but have experienced Rise in WDW) so I'm okay risking it, after I explain to them why it might not be best. Also planning to pause at Big Thunder and ask if they know if it's up. I'm kind of thinking it we can get an affirmative there, we'll try for it. If they're not sure, or it's down, we'll ride Big Thunder. Space Mountain will be down for our trip anyway, or I'd suggest we rope drop that. We personally usually rope drop Fantasyland at least one day because it's a fun start, but our friends aren't super into dark rides, and wouldn't want to do that in the first hour of our 3-day trip. :)

@AstroBlasters It seems like they were responding to the poster (@maleficent55 ) who was asking the best way to get there if they have early entry. From previous comments, it sounds like early entry can line up in Fantasyland and have a slight advantage/shorter trip.

And yes, I'm so aware that this isn't the best idea! But we got a lot more often than them, (they haven't been to DL since 2017 but have experienced Rise in WDW) so I'm okay risking it, after I explain to them why it might not be best. Also planning to pause at Big Thunder and ask if they know if it's up. I'm kind of thinking it we can get an affirmative there, we'll try for it. If they're not sure, or it's down, we'll ride Big Thunder. Space Mountain will be down for our trip anyway, or I'd suggest we rope drop that. We personally usually rope drop Fantasyland at least one day because it's a fun start, but our friends aren't super into dark rides, and wouldn't want to do that in the first hour of our 3-day trip. :)
I will say that if you pause even for one minute to walk over and ask a CM if it is up while the crowds are surging past you, it will add a lot of time (30+ minutes more possibly) to your wait. I think you just have to either go all in and power walk straight there, hoping it is open (you would have time to ask the CM at RD while you are waiting of course) or start elsewhere in the parks and do the ILL$ or standby later. It is incredible how quickly the line builds at that time of day (and then does go down somewhat at other points in the day). The only way to make RD work is to fully commit and walk as quickly as you safely can to the ride. It is a really fun thing when (if) it all works at RD!!

OK, I did this one early entry in late August when I was staying on property. We rode 2 rides in Fantasyland and then at 7;40 a.m. lined up outside the Fantasyland gates to get to Batuu. It was a very long walk and everyone power walked over there, including a person pushing a stroller with a BB-8 balloon which I was following. At least half of us hung right to the entrance while others went left into Frontierland. Every CM we passed kept saying, if your entire party isn't with you, you won't be able to ride with them, etc. We got on the ride and off of it within 25 minutes, it was so great at RD! We met up with another group of people who was entering from the other entrance after we had to turn left.

I will say that if you pause even for one minute to walk over and ask a CM if it is up while the crowds are surging past you, it will add a lot of time (30+ minutes more possibly) to your wait. I think you just have to either go all in and power walk straight there, hoping it is open (you would have time to ask the CM at RD while you are waiting of course) or start elsewhere in the parks and do the ILL$ or standby later. It is incredible how quickly the line builds at that time of day (and then does go down somewhat at other points in the day). The only way to make RD work is to fully commit and walk as quickly as you safely can to the ride. It is a really fun thing when (if) it all works at RD!!
Ugh, even though I know this, I still hate hearing it.
@coaches24 did you have early entry when you rope dropped it on Labor Day? How busy did you feel like the rest of that day was? It's going to a Wednesday our first day there (next Weds), and I'm hoping it's not too bad.

Not sure if something going on this week that would make higher crowds, we went last month on a Friday morning and hit MK shortly after regular opening (weren't there at rope drop).. went in and hit BTMRR first....after getting off, ROTR said it was a 15 minute wait on app, so we went over and basically walked on beside waiting to get in the pre show.

On Sunday wanted to hit it again later in the day (afternoon time) and said 45 minute wait, but only was 5 minutes longer wait than the first time.

All the posts had me stressed about getting on it, but it wasn't an issue. So maybe you''ll get good luck too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter