Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

Rode Friday around 1pm ? Broke down while we were in the corridor between storms and interrogation lineup. Maybe 25 mins ? Kinda killed the mood. Guns were not working. Step down from December IMO. Still a great engineering feat.

Have been in the ROR queue now for about 30 minutes waiting for the ride to be put back on line.

Back in the early days of this ride (like last December), ride went down while in queue deep in the caves for about an hour. CM's brought us drinks and fruit and chips/cookies during the wait. Chewie came through and greeted us and took pictures with any and all. BTW he doesn't like camera flash. So if you get stuck for awhile, you may get a surprise.

Back in the early days of this ride (like last December), ride went down while in queue deep in the caves for about an hour. CM's brought us drinks and fruit and chips/cookies during the wait. Chewie came through and greeted us and took pictures with any and all. BTW he doesn't like camera flash. So if you get stuck for awhile, you may get a surprise.
That stopped happening a while ago, before covid. They obviously won't do it now

I’m taking bets on how many years it’ll be before I get to ride this. I’m from out of town, AP holder and I visit WDW 2-3 times per year. Have yet to get a BG despite multiple efforts. I keep hearing about people who’ve been on it four times, or people who have friends who all login from distant places to get their friends a BG. I’m the only vaguely tech capable person in my world... so I can’t compete with that. Even going during peak 25% capacity COVID 2020, I got nothing. Am I the only one who tries and fails while the crowds around cheer with excitement?

I’m taking bets on how many years it’ll be before I get to ride this. I’m from out of town, AP holder and I visit WDW 2-3 times per year. Have yet to get a BG despite multiple efforts. I keep hearing about people who’ve been on it four times, or people who have friends who all login from distant places to get their friends a BG. I’m the only vaguely tech capable person in my world... so I can’t compete with that. Even going during peak 25% capacity COVID 2020, I got nothing. Am I the only one who tries and fails while the crowds around cheer with excitement?
Don't know what to tell you. Success for those following thre bg thread is at about 99%, people who don't get it is usually because they haven't updated the app, there was a glitch or the took time by actually reading what's on each page. Very, very few have been unsuccessful by doing everything right and having the right equipment

Don't know what to tell you. Success for those following thre bg thread is at about 99%, people who don't get it is usually because they haven't updated the app, there was a glitch or the took time by actually reading what's on each page. Very, very few have been unsuccessful by doing everything right and having the right equipment
I’ve always been one of “very, very few”.

So dumb question: did we have to press something on the panel in the room before the trackless portion of the ride?

Asking because we were in the room just before the escape and nothing happened for a good 5 minutes until my girlfriend pressed a button on that panel.

So dumb question: did we have to press something on the panel in the room before the trackless portion of the ride?

Asking because we were in the room just before the escape and nothing happened for a good 5 minutes until my girlfriend pressed a button on that panel.
no you didn't have to press anything

Three hollywood days this trip, 3/3 with BG, Groups 2, 1 and 1 respectively. Had app open on join page, VPN off staring at the time. The millisecond it hit 0700 I dragged down for refresh and hit join and the next button within a second. No idea what the second screen even says lol. Very cool ride but my 8 yr old is on the spectrum and believes we're being captured so when they interrogate him he gets scared lol.

Three hollywood days this trip, 3/3 with BG, Groups 2, 1 and 1 respectively. Had app open on join page, VPN off staring at the time. The millisecond it hit 0700 I dragged down for refresh and hit join and the next button within a second. No idea what the second screen even says lol. Very cool ride but my 8 yr old is on the spectrum and believes we're being captured so when they interrogate him he gets scared lol.
Wow congratulations! I have sooo many questions: where were you located at 7am, Wifi or data? what network, what kind of device/ phone. So you weren't on the main page but on the second join page where you refreshed at 7am for the 2nd join button to light up, before the friends and family page? Am I understanding this correctly?

Wow congratulations! I have sooo many questions: where were you located at 7am, Wifi or data? what network, what kind of device/ phone. So you weren't on the main page but on the second join page where you refreshed at 7am for the 2nd join button to light up, before the friends and family page? Am I understanding this correctly?

On crappy hotel wifi. Speed tested about 10mbps. Yeah from main screen hit join on the rise card. Sit on that page where it will say not boarding. Every time you swipe down, it will refresh with the time at top for a sec and say not boarding, next board 7am etc etc. The second it hits 0700, swipe down for refresh and join will appear. Hit that then hit the next button.

Everyone in your party that is going to hollywood studios that day will be selected. Just leave them selected and hit the next button to get a group. If they don't go later then whatever. If you take the time to unselect people you'll probably be SOL.

As anyone following the bg situation knows the ride has been having major issues. They reset and "fix" it during nightly testing, run it for a couple of hours, everything is fine and then the lift system brakes again, they've only been able to use one elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter