• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance front row?

digidojo

Earning My Ears
I know this is a long shot, but is there a way to request the front row of the ride car in Rise of the Resistance?
We are a party of 5. I myself was lucky enough to ride it last year, but the other 4 have not. Ideally I’d like my 4 family members to enjoy the front row, and I could be behind them since we all won’t fit in front. I’m guessing they will mix me with another party. I know the boarding process is a hit complex on Rise so not sure how to go about requesting this and if it’s even possible.

I wouldn't think you could do that. The row assignment is in the hallway - the CM would have to break character to acknowledge the request. (And I feel like if you specifically asked for red or blue - the two front row colors - they might move you to gray or orange to stay in character.)

Plus, it's probably more fair for that not to be possible. The other family you're paired with might also want the front row. If anything - you could ask the other family while you're in the hallway or the [room before you get in the vehicles] to see if they wouldn't mind. But, personally, I wouldn't do that - I think that might actually break some of the immersion (and might be confusing to a first-timer).

If it were me, I'd just roll with it. 50/50 shot you get the front row. (It might actually be better than 50/50, since I think they'd more commonly assign your party of five first and fill in the other three spots with extra folks.)

If it were me, I'd just roll with it. 50/50 shot you get the front row. (It might actually be better than 50/50, since I think they'd more commonly assign your party of five first and fill in the other three spots with extra folks.)
Agreed on both counts - first, just roll with it. It's luck of the draw for everyone, first timers included.

And, I also think with a group of 5 you'll be super likely to get front row for part of your group (although I kind of also think they might split you 3 and 2).

Agreed on both counts - first, just roll with it. It's luck of the draw for everyone, first timers included.

And, I also think with a group of 5 you'll be super likely to get front row for part of your group (although I kind of also think they might split you 3 and 2).
Yeah guess I’ll just go along with it. Honestly it’s a great view regardless, but do like the droid in front interacting with the ride. Do they tend to pack the cars full or do they do a 3 in front 2 in back ever? I would assume they’re trying to pack each vehicle full each time.

I was planning to ask for my family's first time b/c my son is small and just makes the height requirement and i want him to be able to see everything (a lesson learned from the yr before where we got stuck behind a guy w. a cowboy hat on a ride who wouldn't take it off). What if I was in a wheelchair - you mean to say I couldn't address my needs b/c it would cause a CM to breal character?!?

Last edited:
I am a single rider. I have ridden in rows with other people/parties.

I go where I am told. :rotfl:

I was planning to ask for my family's first time b/c my son is small and just makes the height requirement and i want him to be able to see everything (a lesson learned from the yr before where we got stuck behind a guy w. a cowboy hat on a ride who wouldn't take it off). What if I was in a wheelchair - you mean to say I couldn't address my needs b/c it would cause a CM to breal character?!?
That's a completely different situation than John Doe asking for a front row seat. They're not going to be cruel or thoughtless just to stay in character. At worst, that's something that the vehicle CM can massage and make happen.

For the record - the difference between front and back on this ride is significantly different than it is on other rides. It's not a clear "front row is better" situation. For example, a short person sitting in the middle of the front row behind the droid might have problems seeing parts of the ride. The second row is elevated. For a shorter person, the left or right seat in the back might actually have the best view.

frontrow.jpg

Last edited:

We asked for it once and got it, like previous poster mentioned it doesn't really matter as much on this ride unless you get stuck behind me in the back row... 6'5" with a big head, but I try to slink down to get out of the way as much as possible. We just go luck of the draw now.

We have been in the front and the back and it doesn't really make much difference. There are only 2 rows in your vehicle and you can see really well since the divider has come down. I wouldn't stress over it.
It all depends on what color you have.

I know this is a long shot, but is there a way to request the front row of the ride car in Rise of the Resistance?
We are a party of 5. I myself was lucky enough to ride it last year, but the other 4 have not. Ideally I’d like my 4 family members to enjoy the front row, and I could be behind them since we all won’t fit in front. I’m guessing they will mix me with another party. I know the boarding process is a hit complex on Rise so not sure how to go about requesting this and if it’s even possible.
We're 5 also and they split us 3 & 2. Both times the 3 got front row without asking. Don't recall the first bit second time there wasn't a 4th person added to front row. The 2 in the back had a group of 2 join them.

I've also ridden in both rows and find the front superior. I don't think you should feel bad or awkward about asking for the front for the group that hasn't experienced it yet. Just do it early in the hallway before you're broken up and actually waiting in line so the CMs can divide you up appropriately. I usually ask for B1 on Soarin' or the front on RnRC and back on BTMR, EE, etc. If I waited hours in line or paid for an ILL$ I would want to make sure I was having the best experience possible.

I understand someone else needs to fill the other spots, but if they don't know or don't care to make a request that's fine. No CM has ever been rude or said no. Soarin' usually requires waiting another show to pass because others are also asking for B1 and rollercoasters almost always have secondary lines for people with requests. I imagine it's common like asking to be a pilot on MFSR.

The only time this doesn't work is if you're a single rider. Then you're a seat filler.

I've also ridden in both rows and find the front superior. I don't think you should feel bad or awkward about asking for the front for the group that hasn't experienced it yet. Just do it early in the hallway before you're broken up and actually waiting in line so the CMs can divide you up appropriately. I usually ask for B1 on Soarin' or the front on RnRC and back on BTMR, EE, etc. If I waited hours in line or paid for an ILL$ I would want to make sure I was having the best experience possible.

I understand someone else needs to fill the other spots, but if they don't know or don't care to make a request that's fine. No CM has ever been rude or said no. Soarin' usually requires waiting another show to pass because others are also asking for B1 and rollercoasters almost always have secondary lines for people with requests. I imagine it's common like asking to be a pilot on MFSR.

The only time this doesn't work is if you're a single rider. Then you're a seat filler.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ll probably end up asking and thanks for letting me know what’s the best point to ask. It’s kind of a weird loading sequence because they assign it in the hallway but then have another team actually board later. So wasn’t sure who to ask lol.
Either way it’s still going to be an amazing experience especially for the 4 that haven’t ridden. I’m just hoping it doesn’t break down on their first ride through.

We're 5 also and they split us 3 & 2. Both times the 3 got front row without asking. Don't recall the first bit second time there wasn't a 4th person added to front row. The 2 in the back had a group of 2 join them.
Thanks for sharing! And that makes me hopeful. I think ill end up asking in the hallway before color assignments. Maybe I can play the request along into the story somehow? maybe overthinking it lol.

What if there is someone in the group paired with you who is also small? The wheelchair part - just not appropriate to throw that in, IMO.

Ridden both and found them both to be great - and everyone waits hours, and just because you can afford LL doesn't mean anything.

Just to add a different take, I am 5’8”, but I found sitting in the front to be a bit blocked with the droid in front of me. I felt like I had to keep looking over it to experience the ride. That was in seat 3. I didn’t notice it as much in seat 2. But I would think it would be more obstructive for someone shorter. At least in the second row, you are up over it and would have a better vantage point.

Yeah guess I’ll just go along with it. Honestly it’s a great view regardless, but do like the droid in front interacting with the ride. Do they tend to pack the cars full or do they do a 3 in front 2 in back ever? I would assume they’re trying to pack each vehicle full each time.
They will almost surely pack the vehicle. My guess of them splitting you 3 and 2 was based more on the idea of them thinking that your party would prefer not to have one person "alone" in a row, but who knows. If they did split you into 3 and 2 they would try to fill the rows with a party of 1 and a party of 2.

Since you're not a newbie to this ride yourself, you'll understand what I mean when I say the loading process is unlike any other ride, it happens fast and you're "arranged" on your colors by CMs that are in character as bad guys, so I don't even know what it would be like to request to be seated a certain way. I guess it's possible that if you tried it, you'd get a fun interaction with the First Order guard.

If you do decide to try, come back and let us know what happens!

What if there is someone in the group paired with you who is also small? The wheelchair part - just not appropriate to throw that in, IMO.

If someone else would be obstructed in the group or unable to fit for accessibility reasons I would gladly wait for another load to get put with a group that fit better. I don't mind the extra time if I can have my request met just like waiting a little longer for a specific resort room or for an entire Soarin' flight to finish to get B1.

Ridden both and found them both to be great - and everyone waits hours, and just because you can afford LL doesn't mean anything.

I definitely understand that. I wasn't insinuating that I was better than anyone by waiting or spending money, just that I want the best experience I know I can get and if I was taking first timers that may not go again, I would want them to have that front row like the OP mentioned while taking the back seat to prioritize them. I realize not everyone can be accommodated, but if you have a request and don't ask, it can never be met. All the CM has to do is say no and I will go where they ask me to stand.

Thanks for sharing! And that makes me hopeful. I think ill end up asking in the hallway before color assignments. Maybe I can play the request along into the story somehow? maybe overthinking it lol.
Yeah, I would ask the first CM for red or blue in the hallway and reiterate that to the CM later on assigning the colors. Good luck!

So we got front row, but I think that’s because my mom uses an ECV and she was able to get out and walk so they strategically put us there. I’m sure you can “ask” the first order but I wouldn’t want to know the interaction after (or maybe I would if it’s funny no offense lol)

My parents had rollators and they came up and asked them if they could walk for short distance and he told them where to go. I commented he was the most polite First Order Officer I had ever met and he replied deadpan "Anything to get you to interrogation faster." So they can be accommodating to those who need it and still stay in character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter