• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

So how strict are they on boarding windows? Like if I get an early group but don’t show up to the park until 1 am I SOL?

So I’m sure this may have previously been answered but I’m sorry I don’t want to read through 1 million pages LOL. We are going for one day in September and also have a two day trip planned in November. I just did my first trial run on getting passes at noon and it prompts me to pick every person that’s going to be in my group. The confusing part is that it shows tickets for September and tickets for November. On the actual day when we are Scanned into the park will all these tickets still show up or just the days tickets that I’m using? Hope that makes sense!

So I’m sure this may have previously been answered but I’m sorry I don’t want to read through 1 million pages LOL. We are going for one day in September and also have a two day trip planned in November. I just did my first trial run on getting passes at noon and it prompts me to pick every person that’s going to be in my group. The confusing part is that it shows tickets for September and tickets for November. On the actual day when we are Scanned into the park will all these tickets still show up or just the days tickets that I’m using? Hope that makes sense!
It should pre-select the tickets with reservations for that day, so you’ll be able to just click through without pausing on that page. (A couple of people have had this glitch, in which case you can go to guest services and have them fix it. That’s quite rare but worth mentioning just in case.)

So I tried doing a dry run because we are goi g on Sunday and the virtual queue module on the app refused to load. Had to fully close the app twice before it loaded. Is this normal? By the time it loaded I missed the window.

iPhone 11.

Make sure you turn off wifi and start refreshing screen at 6:59 am.....
So I refreshed the app at 6:59 and the virtual queue module didn’t load on the front page. What’s the protocol now? The OP is out of date.

Do I load the app a few minutes early, make sure the virtual queue module is present, then click the button when the time comes?

It seems like waiting to open the app like we did pre Covid adds a lot of luck to the equation.

So I refreshed the app at 6:59 and the virtual queue module didn’t load on the front page. What’s the protocol now? The OP is out of date.

Do I load the app a few minutes early, make sure the virtual queue module is present, then click the button when the time comes?

It seems like waiting to open the app like we did pre Covid adds a lot of luck to the equation.

Yes open the Disneyland app then go to the virtual queues page and then keep pulling down the page to refresh (on iPhone, not sure how it works on Android). Right at 7 am a green "Join now" button appears and you click that right away, then click the button on the next page to confirm your group. Don't even look at the group - just go to that second button. I made that mistake once but thankfully someone else in our group was able to get a position for all of us. If you have linked tickets, everyone in your group can try to get a position for the entire group. Good luck!

Hmmm We got BG43 this morning, haven’t left the house yet. The app went from no groups boarding and estimated return of 215 minutes to “your group is ready” but we are still at home. In LA. An hour away. I hope they are as lax as stated here.

Hmmm We got BG43 this morning, haven’t left the house yet. The app went from no groups boarding and estimated return of 215 minutes to “your group is ready” but we are still at home. In LA. An hour away. I hope they are as lax as stated here.

I did the same thing from my house in Long Beach last week. I was probably an hour and a half late and they still let me ride.

I was so glad to have practiced in the weeks leading up to our trip. Not being able to get on RotR was a huge stressor for me personally. I know i still would have had a great time at DL, but the whole goal of our trip was to visit Galaxy's Edge for the birthday trip of one in our party.

On August 4th and 6th I got boarding group 3 and then group 2 for RotR. On the 5th and 7th I got group 1 and 3 for WS. We had 6 phones attempting but it was always me that was successful. I used data (AT&T) and the Atomic Clock app beeping off the seconds for me. We did it from our hotel room on Harbor. I always refreshed right at 7:00:00 exactly and my fingers had been well trained to click "Join" "Join" from muscle memory. I only have screenshots from August 4-6...after the 4th time getting such an early boarding group, I didn't find it necessary to brag anymore, I guess. :rotfl2:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-070036.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-070036.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210806-070027.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-070027.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210805-070005.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-070005.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 17
I swear I've read through all of these pages and have bookmarked key posts to start practicing at home for my September visit. But my major outstanding question is: when I try and use the Disneyland app not on my home wifi - so my cellular data plan - the Disney app doesn't work. I'm fearful that same thing will be the case come my first day in the parks and have read how bad the wifi is in the park. I have an iPhone and AT&T LTE cell service. Does the Disney app work on just cell service? I swear it never has for me - that it always has to be connected to wifi.

We're staying at GCH and want to do rope drop for the 3 days we are there so I don't know if I should wait in the hotel room and then head out to the park entrances or just go and try and get the BGs while in line.

And then if we're at the parks and the Disney app doesn't like not being connected to wifi, what to do?
From home in Colorado, data was never the way to go...but at our Disneyland hotel, it was absolutely best for me to use vs WiFi. I have AT&T and a Huawei phone, not even an iPhone. I just posted about getting BG 3, and 2 for RotR on our trip a couple weeks ago. (1 and 3 for WS)

I think I have my answer, but just to confirm - I don't plan on showing up to DL until about 7pm tomorrow. If I get a BG at 7am tomorrow morning and I miss my time since I'm not there I can just head to the queue when I get there and they should let me on?

On a side note, there won't be any way for me to ride WS tomorrow unless there happens to be a BG AFTER I ride ROTR correct (which seems extremely unlikely)?

I think I have my answer, but just to confirm - I don't plan on showing up to DL until about 7pm tomorrow. If I get a BG at 7am tomorrow morning and I miss my time since I'm not there I can just head to the queue when I get there and they should let me on?

On a side note, there won't be any way for me to ride WS tomorrow unless there happens to be a BG AFTER I ride ROTR correct (which seems extremely unlikely)?
Correct for the second question. Not sure on the first as I’ve never pushed it with a boarding group.

We rode Webslingers about five hours late last week and they didn’t say anything. We were also an hour late to ROTR last Sunday because it conflicted with our Blue Bayou reservation, and they didn’t say anything then, either. (That time I had the reservation screenshotted in case they asked, but they didn’t.) I’d screenshot your entry pass when it’s live just in case it disappears, though.

You’re correct on the second point.

We rode Webslingers about five hours late last week and they didn’t say anything. We were also an hour late to ROTR last Sunday because it conflicted with our Blue Bayou reservation, and they didn’t say anything then, either. (That time I had the reservation screenshotted in case they asked, but they didn’t.) I’d screenshot your entry pass when it’s live just in case it disappears, though.

You’re correct on the second point.

Ok, thanks for the info. Since I typically wind up going after work I guess I'll have to alternate my Virtual Queue rides on different days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter