Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

What's the process for July 2021? Do I need to be in the park to get a boarding group? Also can I still get one for my entire group? We are still at GCH and I was just going to walk there at 7am, but wasn't planning on entering until the rest of family wakes up. Thanks!

What's the process for July 2021? Do I need to be in the park to get a boarding group? Also can I still get one for my entire group? We are still at GCH and I was just going to walk there at 7am, but wasn't planning on entering until the rest of family wakes up. Thanks!
7am not in park, noon has to at least check in to the park to be eligible.

We were called at 8:45 and then waited an extra hour while it was broken down and the only options were to stay in line or not ride at all (no Fastpasses were given). That was annoying because that’s an hour we could’ve been on other stuff and when we were at WDW in January and we got right up to the preshow and it broke down they gave us a Fastpass immediately and it was back up half an hour later so it would’ve been nice if they did that here too! But it was still very worth it! And because we got on before 12 we also got group 133 for WS. Yay!!!!!

We were called at 8:45 and then waited an extra hour while it was broken down and the only options were to stay in line or not ride at all (no Fastpasses were given). That was annoying because that’s an hour we could’ve been on other stuff and when we were at WDW in January and we got right up to the preshow and it broke down they gave us a Fastpass immediately and it was back up half an hour later so it would’ve been nice if they did that here too! But it was still very worth it! And because we got on before 12 we also got group 133 for WS. Yay!!!!!

It's little things like this that makes me wonder if Disney is taking customers for granted these days. They used to be the pinacle of customer service, but seem to be loosing their touch.

Losing an hour if your day during an already-shortened day is a bid deal.

Last edited:

Two great experiences on RoTR this week (with one annoying interlude…)

Thursday - flew from Ohio, landed at SNA at 9:30, then had to pick up my sister in law before arriving at DLH. We were walking to the park about 11:30. Had lunch at Jolly Holiday, then arrived at RoTR at about 12:30. My wonderful TA had nabbed us a boarding group while we were airborne, Group 15. So we arrived about 3 hours after our group had officially “expired”. The cast member just scanned our passes and said they allow anyone who has a boarding group anytime that day use it late, anytime that operating day. I was ready to plead travel issues if needed, but he did not ask for a reason at all.

Once we were about halfway through the internal queue, it stopped moving, and soon an announcement was made that the ride was not operating and there was no estimate when it might resume. They said we could choose to wait, or depart the queue. No word about receiving a pass for later. We hung out and caught up with my sister in law for about 20 minutes, then decided to bail. My SIL was in an ECV, so it was quite comical trying to get past everyone still waiting. When we got to the entrance, the cast member there stopped us to scan our tickets to allow us to return anytime later, if the ride resumed operation. Man, if we had known that would happen, we would have bailed immediately. Not a big deal, though, and happy they did that.

We enjoyed the park, went to DLH for a lovely swim, and had dinner at Tortilla Joe’s before returning to the park. At that point, the app was saying the attraction was still down (I had not monitored it through the afternoon, so I don’t know if that downtime was continuous or intermittent.) But as we headed to Galaxy’s Edge to do Smuggler’s Run, I took another look, and Rise was back up. We went immediately there, scanned our passes, and walked through the queue to the experience. We walked by an hour or so later, and the queue was back in the outside queue. Our timing was lucky, but great! I am assuming that when they first reopened, they didn’t call new groups at first, just accommodated us “leftovers”. Whether that was the case or not, we were happy to have it work out.

Saturday - Went to the edge of the parking lot in front of DLH, where a speed test showed a strong signal, and got Group 9. We had a lovely breakfast at Tangeroa Terrace, then arrived at the park about 8:30. Groups were not boarding, so I was worried there were maintenance issues, but then I noticed the app shows the operating times to be 9-9 anyway. We rode Buzz Lightyear, and our group was called right at 9:00.

We headed there and entered the queue, and it was not only a walk-on, the Internal queue was not fully in use yet, so we were almost immediately in the first preshow room.

We were off the attraction by 9:45, so I could have tried for a Webslingers group at noon, but we were leaving after lunch. We had done WS on Friday, and even if we were not leaving early, I doubt we would have done it again anyway. We enjoyed the attraction, a lot, but had no desire to experience that queue again. There is no reason I can think of for that disaster. But I digress…

Rise is such a great attraction! I am a frequent WDW visitor, and have been able to get a Rise boarding group every time I have tried. I do have a fast new phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max), and I know all the “tips”, but I’m 63, so it’s not as if I have fast teenage fingers!

I swear I've read through all of these pages and have bookmarked key posts to start practicing at home for my September visit. But my major outstanding question is: when I try and use the Disneyland app not on my home wifi - so my cellular data plan - the Disney app doesn't work. I'm fearful that same thing will be the case come my first day in the parks and have read how bad the wifi is in the park. I have an iPhone and AT&T LTE cell service. Does the Disney app work on just cell service? I swear it never has for me - that it always has to be connected to wifi.

We're staying at GCH and want to do rope drop for the 3 days we are there so I don't know if I should wait in the hotel room and then head out to the park entrances or just go and try and get the BGs while in line.

And then if we're at the parks and the Disney app doesn't like not being connected to wifi, what to do?

I swear I've read through all of these pages and have bookmarked key posts to start practicing at home for my September visit. But my major outstanding question is: when I try and use the Disneyland app not on my home wifi - so my cellular data plan - the Disney app doesn't work. I'm fearful that same thing will be the case come my first day in the parks and have read how bad the wifi is in the park. I have an iPhone and AT&T LTE cell service. Does the Disney app work on just cell service? I swear it never has for me - that it always has to be connected to wifi.

We're staying at GCH and want to do rope drop for the 3 days we are there so I don't know if I should wait in the hotel room and then head out to the park entrances or just go and try and get the BGs while in line.

And then if we're at the parks and the Disney app doesn't like not being connected to wifi, what to do?
I did it with cell service from my GCH balcony. Got great spots both mornings. Once you figure out why the app isn't working, I would do a speed test from the room and do it from there if it is good.

There are tons of tips here about not having stuff running, restarting your phone, etc. If you have a decent phone, I honestly don't think any of that matters. I think it is simply a matter of a good connection and timing.

Group 211 at DL, stuck in queue with it broke down, told us if we leave there is no return, moved to the back of line to the outside, hope it starts back up soon! Had great luck today so far, got Web Slingers at CA (group 41) this morning and got ROTR for the afternoon after striking out on both yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter