• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

No one I’ve talked to at park today got a BG other than mobs of 8 or more where just one of them got lucky.

I was part of a mob of 5 who got Webslingers at 7AM and RotR at noon. I left at 1PM so I didn't ride RotR, but it was really cool sitting in the seating area outside the Hyperion Theater when everyone got their BGs. The cheers were so much fun!

I was part of a mob of 5 who got Webslingers at 7AM and RotR at noon. I left at 1PM so I didn't ride RotR, but it was really cool sitting in the seating area outside the Hyperion Theater when everyone got their BGs. The cheers were so much fun!
Must be nice.

No one I’ve talked to at park today got a BG other than mobs of 8 or more where just one of them got lucky.

I was the only one trying (from home) on one device to help out a friend that's currently at DLR. I got her ROTR (BG19) at 7am and WS (BG125) at noon yesterday. She never opened her phone to even try because I offered to help out since I was already familiar with the process. Was easier for me to just do it for her rather than trying to explain how to get one :rotfl:

I searched for the word Legacy on the first page, but couldn’t find a result -

I did a practice run and am worried my “legacy” pass is going to ruin my quick chances of auto-ticket selecting. I really don’t want to run into an error.

I can’t figure out how to remove the legacy pass from my account. Should I worry?

I did a practice run and am worried my “legacy” pass is going to ruin my quick chances of auto-ticket selecting. I really don’t want to run into an error.

I can’t figure out how to remove the legacy pass from my account. Should I worry?

No. Tickets with a reservation for the parks for the day will be automatically selected. This does not work until the actual day you have reservations- if you practice or play around beforehand you will have to manually select tickets. I can verify that it worked as described for us (and many others here)- my DD's legacy pass and another ticket I had in my account that didn't have a park reservation were not selected while DD and my tickets were automatically checked on our park days.

That said, there have been a couple very recent reports (last couple days) of some issues with people who had a bunch of tickets in their account for other days (not specifically a legacy pass though). If you're really worried about it, make another account with JUST your tickets and use that one to get the BGs. I would go that route rather than trying to remove the legacy pass since it's still good for discounts.

I have a legacy pass ticket, one set of tickets for July, and another set I used last Saturday and the BG reservation process automatically selected the two tickets I was using for Saturday.

No. Tickets with a reservation for the parks for the day will be automatically selected. This does not work until the actual day you have reservations- if you practice or play around beforehand you will have to manually select tickets. I can verify that it worked as described for us (and many others here)- my DD's legacy pass and another ticket I had in my account that didn't have a park reservation were not selected while DD and my tickets were automatically checked on our park days.

That said, there have been a couple very recent reports (last couple days) of some issues with people who had a bunch of tickets in their account for other days (not specifically a legacy pass though). If you're really worried about it, make another account with JUST your tickets and use that one to get the BGs. I would go that route rather than trying to remove the legacy pass since it's still good for discounts.
Wow that's very helpful! I've been practicing at home as well and my fear is because I have had to choose my park passes instead of selecting my legacy ones. Crucial seconds and itchy trigger fingers may doom me.

Got group 38 today and it got called at 9:50 am.

also got Webslingers for this evening. !!! What do I do if they call us and it conflicts with my dinner reservation? I know we have an hour to get there.... how long should I plan for lobster nachos??

Got group 38 today and it got called at 9:50 am.

also got Webslingers for this evening. !!! What do I do if they call us and it conflicts with my dinner reservation? I know we have an hour to get there.... how long should I plan for lobster nachos??
Go to your dinner reservation. You'll get charged a fee for cancelling within 24 hours. Screen grab your boarding passes for WS, and your reservation confirmation. If you don't finish your meal in time to make WS the CM will allow you to ride. It's a common occurrence. We had LL reservations for lunch (11:45). Our receipt is time stamped 12:35. A lot will depend on how crowded it is, though.

Also, check in for your dinner reservation (on the app) 20 minutes before your reservation. You may get called sooner.

Go to your dinner reservation. You'll get charged a fee for cancelling within 24 hours. Screen grab your boarding passes for WS, and your reservation confirmation. If you don't finish your meal in time to make WS the CM will allow you to ride. It's a common occurrence.

We thought we were going to make it... so did the ride first. We were 15 minutes late for our reservation and it was not a big deal.

I hate to ask these questions, knowing that they might? have been asked in previous posts. But I went through the 90+ pages and didn't quite see them. We are going to Disneyland Hollywood in late July. It's a family trip and we haven't been in 8 years. We are looking forward to it. Obviously, I'd love for the four of us to get a chance to get a BG. We arrive at the park sometime after opening. It could be as early as 11 or as late as 1 on Sunday. We then will be in DL on Monday (all-day) and start in CA park on Tuesday. My questions:
1. What do you recommend? - Should I try for tickets at 7:00 a.m on our first day (Sunday), even though my arrival time is TBD? I get the sense that Guest Services tends to be pretty lenient, but if I somehow secure a very low # BG we might be showing up hours late and pleading. . . On the other hand, if I forego the 7:00 ticket blitz and opt for the noon window, I worry that perhaps I am not able to "join" at noon and now struck out for the day. Thoughts?
2. Practicing: I've been taking my practicing seriously, and have tried for the 7:00 a.m. session for the last three mornings - unsuccessfully. When I get to the "select party screen", as much as I want to ignore it and just click "join," I can't. It appears I have to have at least one name (probably mine selected). But the BG process screen opens with all names, including mine, unchecked. By the time I even click my name it's too late and the window of opportunity is gone. I'm getting the sense from these forums that people are able to "practice" with at least their name selected immediately. I've also read that the party won't be selected until the day your tickets are valid. I'm fine with that - but the fact that I'm not selected as the primary account holder in the BG process right now is concerning. I'm worried. Should I be? Will this all sort itself out on the day of the reservations. Just curious why others are having such luck practicing and I am not.

Thanks for taking the time to help this "rusty" DL guest!

1. What do you recommend? - Should I try for tickets at 7:00 a.m on our first day (Sunday), even though my arrival time is TBD? I get the sense that Guest Services tends to be pretty lenient, but if I somehow secure a very low # BG we might be showing up hours late and pleading. . . On the other hand, if I forego the 7:00 ticket blitz and opt for the noon window, I worry that perhaps I am not able to "join" at noon and now struck out for the day. Thoughts?

Will you have a better idea by 7am on that day what time you're going to get to the parks? I think I'd probably go ahead and try and if you do get there late you can plead your case. I think they tend to be pretty lenient on this. For the noon drop, you have to have already been scanned into the park. So if you think you might not be there until after noon then you should definitely try for 7am and hope for a later BG/plan to try a late arrival as you won't even get to try at noon if you aren't scanned in yet.

2. Practicing: I've been taking my practicing seriously, and have tried for the 7:00 a.m. session for the last three mornings - unsuccessfully. When I get to the "select party screen", as much as I want to ignore it and just click "join," I can't. It appears I have to have at least one name (probably mine selected). But the BG process screen opens with all names, including mine, unchecked. By the time I even click my name it's too late and the window of opportunity is gone. I'm getting the sense from these forums that people are able to "practice" with at least their name selected immediately. I've also read that the party won't be selected until the day your tickets are valid. I'm fine with that - but the fact that I'm not selected as the primary account holder in the BG process right now is concerning. I'm worried. Should I be? Will this all sort itself out on the day of the reservations. Just curious why others are having such luck practicing and I am not.

Knowing its going to fail anyway since they don't have reservations for the day, I think most people who practice just quickly tap the "Select All" box at the top to move on- nothing will be automatically selected for anyone if they don't have a reservation for the day. Honestly, once you've been through the process a few times to see how it works I'm really not sure how much the practicing helps anyway. It does go slightly differently on the actual day as your tickets with reservations for the day will automatically be selected and you can move more quickly through that screen. To me it all seems to depend on how fast your fingers are. So don't worry about you not being selected now or who you try to select on that next screen.

I hate to ask these questions, knowing that they might? have been asked in previous posts. But I went through the 90+ pages and didn't quite see them. We are going to Disneyland Hollywood in late July. It's a family trip and we haven't been in 8 years. We are looking forward to it. Obviously, I'd love for the four of us to get a chance to get a BG. We arrive at the park sometime after opening. It could be as early as 11 or as late as 1 on Sunday. We then will be in DL on Monday (all-day) and start in CA park on Tuesday. My questions:

Thanks for taking the time to help this "rusty" DL guest!

1) Go for the 7am BG drop on Sunday/Travel Day. You'll need to be scanned into the park before 12pm, to try for the 12pm BG drop. So if you're not sure you'll be in the parks before noon, than that 7am BG drop will be your only opportunity that day.

If you get in on the 7am BG drop, then take a screen shot of it. That way if your BG was already called, you can show the cast member that valid BG pass and let them know you got delayed in traffic as today was your travel day. I've heard from several people that they were allowed to ride, even being a couple hours late.

2) Trust the process. The app will automatically precheck all your names on the days you have a reservation. The extra time you spend putting a check mark on your name during practice, already will slow down the process to miss out on that practice session. Just trust the process and click as quickly as you can when you try Live.

Good Luck!

Go to your dinner reservation. You'll get charged a fee for cancelling within 24 hours. Screen grab your boarding passes for WS, and your reservation confirmation. If you don't finish your meal in time to make WS the CM will allow you to ride. It's a common occurrence. We had LL reservations for lunch (11:45). Our receipt is time stamped 12:35. A lot will depend on how crowded it is, though.

Also, check in for your dinner reservation (on the app) 20 minutes before your reservation. You may get called sooner.
Interestingly we had this issue while on our trip and when I asked a CM if they’d allow us to board later because of a dining reservation, he was downright rude and told us they wouldn’t guarantee it. (Btw, he wasn’t rude with that answer, just in his condescending tone and that he wouldn’t even listen to my question before interrupting me, telling me he worked on the attraction and knows all the answers so I don’t have to ask anybody else). We ended up calling to see if they could move our dining reservation a little bit later, which they could, so it all worked out. But just know you could end up with the grumpy CM.

Interestingly we had this issue while on our trip and when I asked a CM if they’d allow us to board later because of a dining reservation, he was downright rude and told us they wouldn’t guarantee it. (Btw, he wasn’t rude with that answer, just in his condescending tone and that he wouldn’t even listen to my question before interrupting me, telling me he worked on the attraction and knows all the answers so I don’t have to ask anybody else). We ended up calling to see if they could move our dining reservation a little bit later, which they could, so it all worked out. But just know you could end up with the grumpy CM.
:( about that CM.
Now the former programmer in me can't help but imagine all the ways the system could be changed to prevent or adapt to these conflicts -- but I know that's not going to happen. :rolleyes:

I have "chatted" with DL to have them remove the later set of tickets from my profile now so that I won't have to deal with that (assuming they ever respond and remove them for me). However, my AP is showing on the app (and boy did I have a hard time getting THAT attached in the first place!) What do you all recommend as far as that goes? I'd like to be able to use it if they're still offering discounts at the time of my trip. Or are they still accepting the physical cards for discounts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter