• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

ROTR newbie here. Missed out on my one chance at WDW even though I practiced and watched the clock like a hawk. I will be at DLR W-F next week. I have a DCA start on Wednesday, and a DLR start on Thursday and Friday. I am solo this trip
2 questions
1) I have my old AP sitting in my account for the Discounts. Will that affect my being able to choose add party at beginning? Will I have to de-select that AP before proceeding?
2) Since I cannot go to DLR from DCA until 1pm on Wednesday, I assume I cannot try for ROTR on Wednesday, correct?
1) Your old AP is no longer valid entry media, so no, you won't have to deselect.
2) They release boarding groups twice a day, now. You can try again at noon. As long as you have a park hopper and have scanned into DCA before noon.

ROTR newbie here. Missed out on my one chance at WDW even though I practiced and watched the clock like a hawk. I will be at DLR W-F next week. I have a DCA start on Wednesday, and a DLR start on Thursday and Friday. I am solo this trip
2 questions
1) I have my old AP sitting in my account for the Discounts. Will that affect my being able to choose add party at beginning? Will I have to de-select that AP before proceeding?
2) Since I cannot go to DLR from DCA until 1pm on Wednesday, I assume I cannot try for ROTR on Wednesday, correct?

I can’t answer about the annual pass effect on trying for a boarding pass. But for your second question. If you have a park hopper and have scanned into DCA then you can try for the noon distribution even though hopping doesn’t start until 1pm.

I can’t answer about the annual pass effect on trying for a boarding pass. But for your second question. If you have a park hopper and have scanned into DCA then you can try for the noon distribution even though hopping doesn’t start until 1pm.
Thanks everyone!

I just tried for a boarding group. I got group 44! Thank you forum for the tips and tricks. This will be my first ride. As expected it auto selected my ticket and not my legacy pass.

I got group 12 my very first try getting a BG!

Now to hope we aren't called too early because one of my party isn't showing up until 10am lol. But he doesn't live far away. Hopefully we aren't called too early for it to be a concern, though :rotfl:

Was very happy my LP discount code did NOT interfere as others have reported. It only selected the three valid entry media. Also used the atomic clock trick on my cell network from my hotel. Did not use hotel WiFi.

Phone:
Pixel 5
Android
Updated to May security updates.
AT&T

I got group 12 my very first try getting a BG!

Now to hope we aren't called too early because one of my party isn't showing up until 10am lol. But he doesn't live far away. Hopefully we aren't called too early for it to be a concern, though :rotfl:

Was very happy my LP discount code did NOT interfere as others have reported. It only selected the three valid entry media. Also used the atomic clock trick on my cell network from my hotel. Did not use hotel WiFi.

Phone:
Pixel 5
Android
Updated to May security updates.
AT&T

Nice! You had better luck than me. I also used that atomic clock trick on my Android using my cell network

Nice! You had better luck than me. I also used that atomic clock trick on my Android using my cell network

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me I got that low of a BG, lol!

So tired, though. It was after 11pm when we got in finally to the hotel. I don't think I went to sleep until almost 2am. That was brutal waking up to try for a 7am one. But worth it since I was successful!

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me I got that low of a BG, lol!

So tired, though. It was after 11pm when we got in finally to the hotel. I don't think I went to sleep until almost 2am. That was brutal waking up to try for a 7am one. But worth it since I was successful!

Were you able to ride?

Were you able to ride?

Yes! Thankfully lol

Got called to board at 9:06 I think? I was still stuck trying to get through the Harbor entrance. But made it with time to spare.

It was so much fun! I didn't mind the plexiglass at all. Didn't distract for me and I had a blast.

I wasn't going to wake up to try for a second ride tomorrow, but now I think I will 😁

Yes! Thankfully lol

Got called to board at 9:06 I think? I was still stuck trying to get through the Harbor entrance. But made it with time to spare.

It was so much fun! I didn't mind the plexiglass at all. Didn't distract for me and I had a blast.

I wasn't going to wake up to try for a second ride tomorrow, but now I think I will 😁

Awesome I just got off the ride. That was amazing!
I want to go again as soon as I can. I watched the first room on YouTube because I heard they were going to skip that part. It was still a great first experience.

Time.gov question. How do people view this on their phone when you are supposed to close out all apps?
I personally have it on my iPad while I try to get a boarding group on my phone. I think a friend has it on a browser, moves to the Disneyland app a few seconds before and counts down.

ETA: I was able to get BG 14, 22, 35 and 16 this week using my method.

Time.gov question. How do people view this on their phone when you are supposed to close out all apps?
If you have an Apple Watch & IPhone, add a watch face with a second hand. As the watch gets to 6:59:59 and heads 7am, start clicking through the Join buttons. I got 27 and 16 this way in the past two weeks.

Yesterday(Saturday) we didn’t get 7am. Tried at noon on an iPhone, on my cellular data. With my finger hovering above the button at 11:59. Got boarding group 182. Was called back at 6:15pm. Off the ride by about 7pm.
Unbelievable ride. My daughter was speechless

Just so folks know, there is a spoiler tag that can be used if you are worried about that:

Start your block of text with [spoiler] and end it with [/spoiler] and it will end up getting wrapped:

Super big spoiler

You should be able to get that tags inserted for you using the editing controls at the top of your post text box. Make sure to use the Preview button to ensure your spoiler is displaying properly.

Went on Saturday. Did not get a boarding group at 7 AM (I kept hitting join and took like 3 tries). So I had to try at noon. And then I got group 87. Was called at 12:51 so less than an hour later. Was amazing as always!

My DD and I were there this past weekend on a 3 day hooper and she got a BG each day even through we tried at the same time!
Friday: BG 53,
Saturday: BG 125 (noon posting)
Sunday: BG 13

We have the same iphone X, but I am guessing she had quicker fingers than me.

Had a mishap on Saturday where I accidentally deleted her from my party. I really don’t know what happened, I’m guessing I didn’t close the page before I put it back into my pocket, and I pressed something.
Our boarding group was just to be called in 10 minutes, and I just went to the boarding area and I explained that she was deleted of my party. They were very nice and called the the guy in charge at that time and he used that little device and added she back into my group! Crisis diverted! I was thankful to the very understanding CM’s!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter