Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, they've opened before while still distributing backups. My guess is that they updated something last night and were doing a morning shakedown.
That's a much more likely explanation, but the rate for back-up distribution was sooo low today you have to wonder if that played into any opening time discussions, or if it allowed more time to test. So, indirect impact.

In any case, we are right on the average Wednesday trend line at the moment. Not that that's a good thing, given past Wednesdays. :)

Average for a Wednesday is 84 @ 6:00 PM. They should (emphasis on *should*) be able to get to 81 before shutting down the park for the sweetheart event.
Keep in mind that the average data is based on starting at group 1 most Wendesdays. So there is a greater cushion than it would initially appear since they started at 10 today.

Edit: Consulting the chart I appear to be wrong. 1,8, and 11 have been called so far. Still skews the average, but not as much.

Keep in mind that the average data is based on starting at group 1 most Wendesdays. So there is a greater cushion than it would initially appear since they started at 10 today.

Edit: Consulting the chart I appear to be wrong. 1,8, and 11 have been called so far. Still skews the average, but not as much.
Agreed, just looking at the BG number called, not the total BG called.

I couldn't believe how long the groups (regular and backup) lasted this morning. I was "playing along from work" and had time to check between phone calls. At one point an hour after park open I corralled DH's phone (we work together), downloaded the Disneyland app, signed him into my account after several incorrect tries, showed him the screens for familiarity, and we were STILL looking at backup groups.

I know today was an outlier, but it makes me a little less stressed for our next-Friday visit.

PHXscuba

Looks like they got through all the guaranteed groups by 4:00. I guess that means anyone who was able to get in through the app within about 7 minutes, got to ride today. I think more than anything, that's a sign there were not as many people in the park today, trying for a boarding group, since they still kept to the 80 guaranteed group total they've more or less had since the ride opened. If only there were more days like today, with no 3-4 hour downtimes, and fewer people trying, so the guaranteed groups don't fill up in 60-90 seconds.

Our trip is coming up in less than two weeks. I thought I had the procedure down until I read this article. I'll copy and paste the part I have a question about.

DO NOT HAVE EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY TRY SIMULTANEOUSLY
This is the most important tip we can pass along: Do not have everyone in your party smash the "Join Boarding Group" button at the same time. We saw tons of people around us receive error messages doing this and suspect the app gets confused when the same party attempts multiple simultaneous entries.
Instead, designate one person to do the quick tapping and one person to have the app open as a backup, just in case.

I'm surprised by the suggestion to have one person try. Should I assume they mean everyone is using the same sign in info on different phones. If I'm the only one in my group with a Disney account should the rest of my group sign into my account or should they create their own?

Our trip is coming up in less than two weeks. I thought I had the procedure down until I read this article. I'll copy and paste the part I have a question about.

DO NOT HAVE EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY TRY SIMULTANEOUSLY
This is the most important tip we can pass along: Do not have everyone in your party smash the "Join Boarding Group" button at the same time. We saw tons of people around us receive error messages doing this and suspect the app gets confused when the same party attempts multiple simultaneous entries.
Instead, designate one person to do the quick tapping and one person to have the app open as a backup, just in case.

I'm surprised by the suggestion to have one person try. Should I assume they mean everyone is using the same sign in info on different phones. If I'm the only one in my group with a Disney account should the rest of my group sign into my account or should they create their own?
I can tell you our experience. We were there opening weekend, trying on both Saturday and Sunday. We had 6 phones (4 cell, 2 WiFi), all logged into my account. All trying at the same time (though surely our tween and teen fingers were faster than Mom and Dad, ha ha). No one got an error either day. We got BG 14 and then 27 the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter