Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've been reading along for a couple of weeks. We are heading to Disneyland next Tuesday. When we booked we had no idea this ride would be opening (last minute booking). All disney hotels were booked (I had wondered why, now I know). So we will not have early access. But I believe Magic Kingdom does not have early access available on Wednesdays, so I think we may have a chance to get a boarding group on that day.

Yesterday I read that some folks were "playing along" at home to practice. I tried this morning to do that, but the "join boarding group" button was always greyed out. Was I correct that the button should be available at the 8:00 am pacific time on Tuesdays? And 9am pacific on Weds?

Thanks for the info everyone is sharing.

Hi. I've been reading along for a couple of weeks. We are heading to Disneyland next Tuesday. When we booked we had no idea this ride would be opening (last minute booking). All disney hotels were booked (I had wondered why, now I know). So we will not have early access. But I believe Magic Kingdom does not have early access available on Wednesdays, so I think we may have a chance to get a boarding group on that day.

Yesterday I read that some folks were "playing along" at home to practice. I tried this morning to do that, but the "join boarding group" button was always greyed out. Was I correct that the button should be available at the 8:00 am pacific time on Tuesdays? And 9am pacific on Weds?

Today the park opened at 9AM Pacific. so right at 9, you could play along.

Out of habit we tried at 8am today, but then realized the park opened at 9am. Whoops!

I maintain my 'conspiracy' theory is they are special people riding at that time. ;)
Nope. More likely just to allow sufficient amount of time to get the ride up and operational without having guests in the earlier groups expecting immediate boarding and crowding out the entrance.

We were BG18 and were called sometime around 10. We got in line just after 10:30 and exited around 11:20. There was an obvious issue and we were delayed during a section of the experience, about 5-10 minutes. I was crossing fingers it wouldn't break. But we eventually completed the ride! We all loved it. My 6 year old rated it her favorite of the park. I'm glad we got on because I'm not sure the next time we'll be at a Disney park.

Does anyone know what the highest BG assigned today was? At ~10BGs/hr (73 in 6.5 hrs) we could see 100 today, assuming the ride stays up (I hope I didn't just jinx it).

Does anyone know what the highest BG assigned today was? At ~10BGs/hr (73 in 6.5 hrs) we could see 100 today, assuming the ride stays up (I hope I didn't just jinx it).

They called Back up groups now, anyone catch when that occurred?

Edit: silly me, I forgot 71 was the start of back up groups. So must have occurred between 3p & 3:20p?

Last edited:
I'll be visiting with my family in the second week of February and I've got some questions. Sorry if these have been answered before. I've been skimming through just a few pages on this topic once a day since the ride opened and am still not sure about a couple of things.

8 out of the 10 people going will be able to go on RotR. If I'm understanding right, I'll be able to add everyone's ticket to my app so we can get a boarding group together. Also, it sounds like tickets aren't locked to one device and a few other adults in my family will be able to add everyone else's tickets to their apps as well. So assuming I've got all of that right, if four of us try to get a BG as soon as they're available, will at least one person get a BG for everyone and the others will get something that says they're already in a BG?

Since 2 of the 10 are too small to ride, I've looked up how rider swap works at RotR specifically, but there's one thing I'm not sure about. If six of us go on the ride and leave two behind, will only those two be allowed on when it's their turn? When I've used it on other attractions in the past, the same number of people have been allowed on the second time even if only one person got swapped out.

I'm the Disney Parks nerd of the family so I've been put in charge of all the plans and I'm starting to stress out just a little bit since I'm used to planning Disney trips for three to four people, not ten. D:

Disneyland made it to 86 before 5pm disneyworld hit 108 around 5pm Pacific time and apparently it started later than Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter