Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "friend at home" thing means that you connect your account with another AP holder. That person isn't in the park, but would be able to book a BG for anyone they're connected to who's in the park. (They wouldn't be able to book one for themselves.)

I've helped a couple of friends get FOP FP's at WDW during the daytime while they're wandering the parks (and I'm in my office).
I’ve also been FP Concierge for family and friends in the World parks.

I’ve hesitated to offer BG assistance because with the 6a and 7a Studios opening that was far too early for my PT zone life.

"Once everything dies down" is a pretty substantial caveat. Any CM that can predict that should give me some Wall Street stock tips. (I would personally be shocked if ROTR was running regular standby this summer.)

We'll just have to see, won't we? I give it a month, tops. I'm prepared to be wrong.

"Once everything dies down" is a pretty substantial caveat. Any CM that can predict that should give me some Wall Street stock tips. (I would personally be shocked if ROTR was running regular standby this summer.)
A fun thread would be “what date do you think DL ends BGs for ROTR” and everyone picks a date.

Not sure what the appropriate forum is but I’d donate $20 to the apolitical charity of the winner’s choice.

Thanks for all the reports so far this morning. Congrats to those who were successful and sorry for those who had IT problems. Has anyone tried the scan in and then leave trick yet? Wondering if that will work like it does at WDW?

A couple that I follow on Instagram tried scanning into to DCA to get a BG. It did not work. You have to be scanned in to Disneyland specifically. We all knew that was the case anyway, but it’s nice to know for sure. And I really appreciate that they were willing to try (knowing it probably wouldn’t work) and waste a potential ride on ROTR.

I'm starting to think the way to go is go to the park......all while running an android emulator at home on your stable internet and run a script that checks you in at exactly 8am 😂
Shh.....don't tell our plans, then Disney will find a way to block scripts.....LOL

A couple that I follow on Instagram tried scanning into to DCA to get a BG. It did not work. You have to be scanned in to Disneyland specifically. We all knew that was the case anyway, but it’s nice to know for sure. And I really appreciate that they were willing to try (knowing it probably wouldn’t work) and waste a potential ride on ROTR.
The next one for someone to try would be to scan into DL first then leave and scan into DCA and see if that works. (Ie, if it's enough to have scanned into DL that day.)

Can someone explain to me what the benefit is to selecting the My Status button instead of Join Boarding Group from the RotR page? It seems like this would add an additional step to the process but from what I’ve read, it sounds like this is the consensus of the best way to go?

whoops, I meant Find Out More, which takes you to the page with those two buttons. You want to hit Join Boarding Group, not my status

Read on another site that can't be linked here that people were making fake boarding pass using a template that was being passed around. They just fill in a number to the bg page. They said it was working because tickets and passes weren't being scanned at the ride. Have they started scanning tickets now or are they still just looking at the boarding group you show on your phone?

That's true. Aside from opening day itself, for which I hope they have a different system worked out, I'm hoping they have the place fully staffed to make sure everyone can get through at a decent clip. However, it's been so long since I've been to Hollywood Studios (or Disneyland, for that matter) that I don't have a good feeling as to the difference in turnstile numbers, ticket processing methods, and CM staffing. It will still be worth it to get in line early at the turnstiles, I expect, which is basically how all rides work.
What day is opening day?

Read on another site that can't be linked here that people were making fake boarding pass using a template that was being passed around. They just fill in a number to the bg page. They said it was working because tickets and passes weren't being scanned at the ride. Have they started scanning tickets now or are they still just looking at the boarding group you show on your phone?
What in the world is WRONG with people?! You'd think this is the last boat out of wherever, the way people are treating it. It's a ride. A really cool, fun ride, but a ride nonetheless. It's not going anywhere, for decades. People need to calm their respective horses. Smh.

Last edited:
Hi all-Been lurking on this thread all weekend. My girls and I decided to take a last minute trip and drove here from AZ yesterday. Today was our only shot to get a boarding group but we all read this board and did a practice run yesterday. Got to the gates slightly before 7 and lines were past monorail track. They didn’t start scanning people in till 7:15 which added to my stress but once we were all in we decided the train platform was our best strategy based on reports here. We positioned ourselves on each side of the station steps and launched ‘Find out more’ from the home screen at exactly 8am.

We got group 14!!! My oldest daughter’s phone (IPhone XR, t-mobile) was the winner. We were standing on right side steps, Guest Services side. All the people where we were standing got boarding groups (family across from us got 13!) and it was super stressful but also really fun and exciting bc we were all high-fiving each other😂.

Other things we did:
-Closed all open apps
-practiced trying for pass day before
-made sure battery save wasn’t on phone
-split up and tried from different locations

Thanks to everyone here who helped us come up with a strategy! Just started boarding first group of the day (12 I think) so we’re boarding soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter