Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Telus pay-as-you-go plan and use Roam Mobility Sim cards when I am in Disneyland. I find Roam to work very well, and have had no issues. I used their talk/text plans for a few years, and added data on my last two trips. The WiFi in Disneyland is just too spotty - even when you are in the right location.
I picked up two Roam cards for $10 at London Drugs. That will give us 3 phones if we use one as a hotspot.

Last edited:
Getting back on track here: Can one safely assume that if the front gate opens at 7 or 7:30, Main St.(up to the rope) will be able to handle the crowds? The possibility is that folks who show up at 7 thinking that they stand an equal chance have to wait outside the front gate until crowding eases. Which of course means that their chances of getting a BG diminish with time.

Also, posts about violating park rules are not allowed on Disboards @theluckyrabbit
PUH-lease. They are allowed to bring a guest. I used to be a Disney Employee. And if I wished to take anyone to an event, I was allowed to do so. ANY. ONE. Violating what rules? Getting fired? Over allowing a guest (friend, lover, date you found on Tinder) to join you? Lol.

Im off to Disneyland tonight! Ill report back while negative nellies envy not even taking chances in life.

Getting back on track here: Can one safely assume that if the front gate opens at 7 or 7:30, Main St.(up to the rope) will be able to handle the crowds? The possibility is that folks who show up at 7 thinking that they stand an equal chance have to wait outside the front gate until crowding eases. Which of course means that their chances of getting a BG diminish with time.
I think the bigger issue is the speed at which they can process people into the parks.

Depending how crazy it gets, I would not assume that arriving at the gate at 7 would get you into the park at 8. And arriving at security at 7 doesn’t guarantee you entrance into the park by 8 even now.

Going by the official documentation, the parking lots open 90 minutes before park opening, meaning that they'll open at 6:30am on Friday the 17th. Hopefully some news will come out about them opening earlier.

Otherwise we may see a lot of people going to the drop-off first to allow their party to get in line, then going around to park the car.

The announcement says "as needed". Could that mean that there may in fact not be boarding groups right away?

The announcement says "as needed". Could that mean that there may in fact not be boarding groups right away?
They will 100% hand out boarding groups the first day. If it winds up that no one shows up, they’ll stop. that’s what happened with the SWGE opening at WDW.

I have trouble believing that will happen here, but who knows.

Thx for this. Question: are cast member allowed to bring one non cast member with them? If so, if I hang at at Small World kiosk where tickets being distributed, is it possible that a cast member who is not using their plus one on a friend may let me go in with them if I ask them nicely? How late are these previews happening on Friday? thx

I don’t think that is appropriate.

That makes me nervous too! I feel like those who get there way earlier should have some kind of advantage to get on the ride...
The ride boarding groups not opening till park opening levels the playing field . If you get to the park early and already are scanned in that’s your advantage. V someone still outside the gates at park opening . At some point the ride will start using FP and have the standby line opened up . Just like Smugglers run, now has just the standby line .

I’m assuming that you can get a boarding pass from DCA ? So if you are using your early morning all you need to do is be in the app at park opening and hit get boarding pass ? And then when your group is called go over to DL ?

I think I’ll still get there really early to be in the front of the line for a few reasons:
1. It would help me find where I don’t need to rely on the internet to get a BG just in case.
2. In case they decide to open up BGs earlier, I’ll have an advantage (I think there were a few times toward the beginning at WDW when they opened up BGs earlier than they said they would)
3. I won’t forget about Maxpass for other rides! If I get in earlier, I can get my first Fastpass earlier.

I might regret getting there super early but I’d rather regret getting there too early and still getting to ride than regretting getting there too late and not being able to ride.

I’m assuming that you can get a boarding pass from DCA ? So if you are using your early morning all you need to do is be in the app at park opening and hit get boarding pass ? And then when your group is called go over to DL ?
I think you will need to be in the Disneyland Park. This was posted today

FFC2BF01-D618-4BB2-9AA2-03A3AE91EF7C.jpeg

The ride boarding groups not opening till park opening levels the playing field . If you get to the park early and already are scanned in that’s your advantage. V someone still outside the gates at park opening . At some point the ride will start using FP and have the standby line opened up . Just like Smugglers run, now has just the standby line .
Exactly. Advantage to the early risers willing to go for the opening of the park to grab a virtual BG -- yes. It give no advantage to the 2AM vs 4AM vs 8AM (scanned into park) arrival if opening is at 8AM.

The key is to get everyone who arrives early enough to get scanned into the park -- this has been a challenge for DLR in the past with the scan + take picture bottleneck.

PUH-lease. They are allowed to bring a guest. I used to be a Disney Employee. And if I wished to take anyone to an event, I was allowed to do so. ANY. ONE. Violating what rules? Getting fired? Over allowing a guest (friend, lover, date you found on Tinder) to join you? Lol.

Im off to Disneyland tonight! Ill report back while negative nellies envy not even taking chances in life.

I've seen your posts in both the WDW thread and now here. I've been trying to bite my tongue this whole time, but you've made it incredibly difficult.

Are you aware of how your posts come off to others in this forum? You are seeking advice, and then when you get a response that isn't what you want to hear...you are disrespectful, rude, intolerant, and lacking any form of tact. There are different, better ways of treating fellow humans. Especially in a forum full of fans with a shared loved.

Can you do what you are asking? Well, sure. You might only make 30 employees feel super uncomfortable before finding one that says yes. Might you be asked to stop what you are doing if it bothers enough people? Also, yes. I wish you the best of luck, otherwise G-d forbid you might have to wait another seven days. SEVEN DAYS. OH MY!

This thread has convinced me to get a travel sim for our visit.
Any idea which will give me better coverage/performance

A. AT&T or

B. T-Mobile

?

I think this post on the Disneyland Blog answers one of the unknowns.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/"Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park."
It explicitly refers to Disneyland park several other times which I interpret to mean that you will not be able to get a boarding pass if you have only entered DCA.
Aloha and mahalo.

Well, if Disney doesn't modify the park hours with DLP opening one to two hours before DCA, there will be extensive congestion between the two parks and a significant delay of entries into DCA. I think the great majority of customers will go into the DLP first to register for a BG.

It will interesting to watch and observe how Disney modifies policies and hours striving for the most efficient model.

Check out Gigsky. You can buy the cards on Amazon and the rates are good. The cards can be used all over the world, so you can reuse them. That is what we will use, we are coming from Canada too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter