Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours."

This is NOT how they did it in Florida for the first few days, correct? They let people into the park very early to get the ball rolling on the boarding groups if memory serves correct.
Correct, for the first week at dhs the virtual queue opened when the the gates opened. Then it changed. The gates still open before official park opening but the virtual queue opens at the published park opening time.

"Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours."

This is NOT how they did it in Florida for the first few days, correct? They let people into the park very early to get the ball rolling on the boarding groups if memory serves correct.
Correct, but it’s how they’ve been doing it since then.

Correct, for the first week at dhs the virtual queue opened when the the gates opened. Then it changed. The gates still open before official park opening but the virtual queue opens at the published park opening time.

Seems like a great way to crash their system by having that many people already "scanned" into the park and opening it at once 😂

I am picturing the front of the line for Space Mountain or Astro Blasters at 7:58 - a crowd of EMH/MM guests fighting to NOT get on the ride.

Is there cell phone reception in a Nemo Submarine?

• Haha
Reactions: KEW
Eek. I’m glad they shared the details in advance, but I’m nervous about a system where no amount of dedication ensures you get to ride. I’ll be there with my one phone that’s had spotty reception issues inside Disneyland, praying everything connects and we get picked. I’m still curious to hear what time the parking lots open and all that jazz.

I’m trying to prepare my daughter for the fact that we’re going to wake up early for the new ride, but we may not get actually get to ride... I’m thinking we’ll aim to leave our house at 5:30am if the lots will be open? It’s hard to know how much time to invest in something that comes down to a lottery...

If I were going (and I'm not....so sad...), I think my strategy would still be to be in line early enough to be at the front of a line. Upon being let into the park, assuming that one or more of the paper-ticket carts are within the rope-drop area (main street? The hub?), I'd immediately line up there. I have to believe that each cart will give out at least one set of tickets before being shut down. I assume that at opening time, the cast member will scan tickets and give you a boarding group. If I were not first in line at one of these kiosks, then my plan would be to stay in line until I either got to the front or claimed a boarding pass on my phone.

I am picturing the front of the line for Space Mountain or Astro Blasters at 7:55 - a crowd of EMH/MM guests at 7:58 fighting to NOT get on the ride.

Is there cell phone reception in a Nemo Submarine?
Reception is limited in the subs but those aren’t open for emh usually.

I hope they realize how different guests are from WDW and DLR. If the Boarding Passes sell out you are going to have a lot of upset people.
Especially since no mention of the Boarding Pass only option is being mentioned in the commercials.

Help me, I am dense apparently. Where does it say anything about carts and paper tickets?

Admittedly, DL’s Wi-Fi is spotty. But there are a few places where the signal is strong and reliable. The wall on the river not far from the Pirates’ entrance, for one. No real need for data.

Any experience with WiFi that might be available before rope drop? I notice in the app (image below) that there are two spots listed in the circle and one listed in the Esplanade (couldn’t get it in my screenshot without zooming too far out). Was planning on my two youngest (with no cell service iPhones) to help us with getting a Boarding Pass for RoTR but wondering where positioning them might be best.

5533B861-C122-4D0D-86E3-3BA4A8BC0237.jpeg

Help me, I am dense apparently. Where does it say anything about carts and paper tickets?
It doesn't say anything about carts. But it does say:

"There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction. "

If one were not using the app, I expect they would give them a paper reminder slip of their boarding group number. So I guess I'd go to one of those locations, if it were inside the rope drop area. If it were not, I'd be trying to get a BG on the app while I made a beeline for one of those "select locations" after rope drop.

Make sure to click the virtual queue link in the blog post to get more details.

Edit to add:

Obvious they are copy pasting from previous announcements around VQ’s for SWGE in general:

The virtual queue is not a physical line, so you can enjoy the rest of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Disneyland Park until it is your turn to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

You can enjoy SWGE while you await your turn to enter SWGE? 😆

Reception is limited in the subs but those aren’t open for emh usually.
The subs are open most MM/EMH as it's part of our normal MM plan after the dark rides in FL. We then slip over to SM (if 10 min or less) or Autopia to round out the hour.
We will be there on the 18th for MM Rope Drop, riding what we can and obsessing over the clock in anticipation of the boarding group free for all. We will likely try all three phones to see what group we can get. I guess this strategy will only serve to hasten the system crash...but who is willing to chance other options?

If I were going (and I'm not....so sad...), I think my strategy would still be to be in line early enough to be at the front of a line. Upon being let into the park, assuming that one or more of the paper-ticket carts are within the rope-drop area (main street? The hub?), I'd immediately line up there. I have to believe that each cart will give out at least one set of tickets before being shut down. I assume that at opening time, the cast member will scan tickets and give you a boarding group. If I were not first in line at one of these kiosks, then my plan would be to stay in line until I either got to the front or claimed a boarding pass on my phone.
Yeah, this is why I’m curious to hear about parking lot times and such. I’m also very curious if this will actually attract a ton of people, or if it will be crickets like the other SWGE openings so far... I honestly don’t know. I’m sure there will be people who are rushing out to see it, but how many? Did the die-hards already hit WDW? Will there be a thousand super-fans lined up at 5am, but everyone else is scared away and figures they’ll hit it “when the crowds die down”? Or will thousands of people show up since no one is blocked and it’s a long weekend and such?

My other issue is that I have a six-year-old involved. She is awesome and down for whatever and can actually hang with just about anything, so if it was a SURE thing that getting there crazy early would ensure a ride, I would either go for it with her, or I’d inconvenience my husband by making him bring her over to join me in a line I’d gotten in very early. Buttttt, I’m only willing to inconvenience us all to a certain degree for a potential lottery system.

Not saying this will work, but in theory you should be able to enter the park through the Monorail station at Downtown Disney and then snag your Boarding Pass that way. Might be a smart way to avoid the mass of people that may be at the Disneyland Entrance.
People at DHS have also been tapping in and then leaving the park and fleeing to an area with good cell service before the BGs open. Something to consider depending how congested Main Street gets.

I’m surprised they aren’t allowing people to join from DCA. Seems like it would spread out crowds better - and I’d be bummed to be a hotel guest with EMH over at DCA and have to give them up to wait in line at DL.

On the other hand, DCA should be a DREAM at rope drop for awhile!
It doesn't really explicitly say that. I'm not sure if the app will recognize entry into one or the other parks. It typically doesn't; but they may have added additional coding into the app for this. I'm just surprised as they don't require this for FP/Maxpass -- if you're single park, you can still grab the other park. (why would you true, but it's still there -- they have to make specific coding to do this otherwise).

Some thoughts:
  • They mentioned boarding groups and backup boarding groups but nothing about getting a FP or park ticket if your BG isn’t called like they do at DHS.
  • In fact, they specifically state “having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction” in the blog post which makes it sound like there is no recourse.
  • While the wording states you need to be through the gates at Disneyland, I will make the prediction that it will work from CA also.
  • The mention of locations where you can get boarding groups from a CM will probably be the same as at DHS which means using them specifically is probably not a good idea if BG’s are going fast. They will probably be issuing them from the same pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter