READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my friends, just got home from the longest Disney trip for our family. 9 nights, 10 full days, 7 day base tickets! We went to HS 3 times, attempted RotR twice and were blessed with BG 10 and 15 (first one of the day with the massive downtime that didn’t start up until after 2pm). The experience was fantastic, but after daily 14 plus hr days, we decided to take it easy towards the end.
thanks all for this board, it truly helped me have a game plan and I wish you all luck! Both times my novice husband (of course I didn’t get the BG, he did) launched the MDE EXACTLY at 7am. He didn’t need to toggle back and forth and refresh etc. he waited for the clock to tick over and dove In immediately. It might have helped get the low number we got as we didn’t (ok he didn’t, I was madly going back and forth) have to do any of those refresh steps!
Good luck everyone, until next time, have a magical trip 😊😊

First full day back home for us and I can't stop reading this thread.
I'll probably keep up with it until our next trip in 2021 or 2020.

Two successful RoTR trips to HS on MLK week thanks to everyone here.

I also always suggest ride share over the bus if you don't mind paying.
Usually under 8 dollars, with discounts under 5, more comfortable wait, ride, and walk to security since a lot rush out of the bus.

Bright Suns! Great experience yesterday in Batuu. The family (myself, my wife, and our 5 y.o. son) decided we were going make yesterday all about Star Wars. Got up early and caught the bus from CBR to DHS, and arrived a little after 6. Made it through the sea of humanity and security and walked down Sunset Boulevard to hit RNRC. Shut off the wifi and crossed our fingers, and when the clock struck seven punched the button.... BG 22! We were initially called around 9:30, but the ride went down while we were in line. We were given fast passes, came back and rode without issue around 11. All I can say is wow... I was prepared to be impressed, but that was next level amazing. Made the early morning totally worth it. The cherry on top of the day was a lightsaber build, which was more akin to a religious sacrament than a retail shopping experience. Pricey, but highly recommended if you can swing it. My son told me that yesterday was the best day of his life. That's what it's all about!

One question... A fellow traveler in Batuu told us that you could join a boarding group from the area between security screening and the tapstiles. Anyone here try that and have luck one way or the other? I'm not getting the family up early again, but would go over myself (with all of our magic bands) if I could get us all a boarding group without all of us tapping in. Thanks!

Would you go to HS on Thursday May 28th (no EMH at this point) or Sunday with EMH? I can’t decide if a weekday without EMH would be a better bet with crowds. I believe kids in the area are just finishing up with school about this time. Sole purpose is to ride ROTR.

Bright Suns! Great experience yesterday in Batuu. The family (myself, my wife, and our 5 y.o. son) decided we were going make yesterday all about Star Wars. Got up early and caught the bus from CBR to DHS, and arrived a little after 6. Made it through the sea of humanity and security and walked down Sunset Boulevard to hit RNRC. Shut off the wifi and crossed our fingers, and when the clock struck seven punched the button.... BG 22! We were initially called around 9:30, but the ride went down while we were in line. We were given fast passes, came back and rode without issue around 11. All I can say is wow... I was prepared to be impressed, but that was next level amazing. Made the early morning totally worth it. The cherry on top of the day was a lightsaber build, which was more akin to a religious sacrament than a retail shopping experience. Pricey, but highly recommended if you can swing it. My son told me that yesterday was the best day of his life. That's what it's all about!

One question... A fellow traveler in Batuu told us that you could join a boarding group from the area between security screening and the tapstiles. Anyone here try that and have luck one way or the other? I'm not getting the family up early again, but would go over myself (with all of our magic bands) if I could get us all a boarding group without all of us tapping in. Thanks!
This is not true. Everyone has to be tapped into the park to get a boarding group.
Your first day at HS sounds amazing!

My time has come! Alarm went off at 5. Called Uber at 5:30 from Riviera and arrived by 5:35. Through security by 5:40. Thanks to all of you in this thread I’m confident I will get a regular boarding group.

Our experience today in booking a lyft from CSR -- ignore the pick up location choices on the app -- they can only pick up in front of Gran Destino tower. HS bus did stop at bus stop 3 at the Ranchos at 5:30 a.m. and it was empty.

Theoretically, could you scan your magic band to enter the park when the turnstiles open (say 6:30a), leave the park immediately, walk back to your room at the boardwalk, and join a boarding group from bed at 7?

My phone also showed backup bg going at 7:02
I tried at 7:01 and it already showed I was joining a backup

Edited to add: tomorrow is my only day to ride. It’s kind of scary that I had backups a minute before others reporting here. Hopefully it’s no issue with my phone/service 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter