Rise of the Chunkies! A Jan 2020 Trip Report! NEW 7/14 THE END of our TRIP!!

Since Steve didn't go to After Hours, he had a solo evening and went to the Riviera Resort for dinner and had his new favorite salad, the tuna nicoise, and went back to the room and chilled. I'm actually happy he's ok by himself without any plans since then I can do stuff solo too. He's learning guys, a few years ago he'd be asking me
"What time is dinner?" "What time is our FP? "When are we leaving?"
Too funny! 😆 I keep thinking about that salad now, I hope they still have it so I can try it when I make it back next!

Since he'd had a fairly early night Steve decided to get up early and head to DHS again to try for RoTR. I was definitely too tired that morning so I did not wake up.
I struggled to make it to two 8AM openings in a row, I can't imagine doing that for the even earlier openings! I don't even get up that early for work these days :laughing:

We then decided we should try breakfast at the Riviera at Primo Piatti. He asked if I wanted to join him and since we were heading to Epcot anyways, I got ready and headed out and met him at the resort. We shared the Croque Madame and it was really tasty with good crispy bacon!
Yum, that bacon looks a million times better than the usual QS bacon!

We even took it for a photoshoot!
I love seeing all the festival photo ops! They are so creative!

It was a glass of strawberry milk and a palette shaped cookie with color icing! It was super adorable. I didn't eat the cookie right away and saved it when we got home. The strawberry milk was good just a little sweet but it was fun to drink strawberry milk again, I think the last time I had this I was like, 10? :laughing:
That cookie actually looks so good. In another life I would love to work for Disney helping design and make all the desserts :teeth:

Finally it was time for our late lunch! Our server made Steve set the table. He's usually just an "I'll grab a fork for myself" so thank you 50's PT for whipping Steve into shape.
Prime Time looks like a lot of fun! I don't think I would do well with the clean plate club though. I always end up snacking too much before our ADRs :hyper:

Hi guys! Hope everyone has been enthralled with all the videos from Disney's park openings these last few days. I've never seen the parks so empty! Crazy! Steve was amazed there was only like one party on LWTL! :flower3:

Here's the conclusion of our trip...

Day 4 Part 2: The Attempt To Rise Part 2

When we last left off, we checked the app and they had just started calling boarding group after boarding group - but it was getting close to the time we were supposed to check in for Moonlight Magic and we had to head all the way to Animal Kingdom. DHS closed at 8:30pm and our event started at 9pm. We were going to meet up with @LindseyJo22 and her hubby Will a little earlier so we could grab a bite to eat so there wasn't much time between DHS closing and when we were supposed to meet at DHS. We thought there was no way his BG would be called so close to closing time. So we bundled up because we knew it was going to be a really cold night, what a difference from the day we first arrived because we were in shorts and tanks and now we were in jeans, layers, sweatshirts, jackets, hats and scarves!

We waited for the bus at CBR, boarded the next bus to AK, and of course when we were almost at AK...Steve's BG was called, and this was right before the park closed!! :sad: So how the hell was he supposed to get the allocated "2 hours" to return to the park when the park was closed? 🤷‍♀️

I told Steve that he could immediately head back to DHS after we checked in for the event even though the park was closing in 15 minutes because I thought he could tell guest services he had a BG and they would let him in, but at that point he was just over it. We thought they would not call BGs so close to park closing time and also the CM told us that Steve was in the "backup group" numbers but I think they just wanted to cram everyone who got one that day because the ride was down for so long. So in any case, Steve did not get to ride RoTR! So all that effort he put in that morning was for naught, to bad. I thought we would try to ask Guest Services the next day because I was curious as to how it all worked.

Anyways we were at AK and met up with Lindsey and Will. We were given wristbands as well as a quick service meal card which can to be used at any quick service locations in the park that were open (most of them were) and of course we all wanted Satuli! Moonlight Magic now includes a quick services entree and drink with your admission, which is "free" of course, just have to factor that into the rising costs of owning DVC direct from Disney, LOL.

ACtC-3dDd7d6ytuNgKkx0A3DcCG_fVVBbLpE3GB0PKhW6P_21TdIK7ICF0hnp3JrPVdV44R-wsjrETE_XzoFXVc4VkaZJZMBW7R23Tqn2XoeeM0AoJy26noZiFT-CovTXGxzQ5xdTpRZ9VifLUYPQRZTJ7TDFA=w908-h681-no

It was definitely really cold so I'm sorry I don't have too many pictures from the event because I was trying to keep my hands in my pockets. We headed to the Safari first because it was closing earlier and we managed to get on. Sorry no pics because it was just too dark, but we got to see a couple of night-loving animals. We then headed to Satuli for our dinner, which was a welcome respite from the cold!

ACtC-3e33ZHuRpJlK3mi8cBeepDZbICIBICwBiXuAgmvcxePMLUQEHPghFK_mExGHwhabnW1c9uly5YiP4ejZWdos8Ptp9bmqNlQkjoO-A8XuC4WHArq_MHpRH1iumZGMXRyj5q-0ayTxafQpkjMNo49mz_83w=w397-h681-no

I went with my usual chicken bowl with the charred green onion vinaigrette:

ACtC-3e6uTlIaqCGITx4Rsc6fGYP80HFSsDC10p1l-UgPnhh3L8FbEdiHXYIrswhVXE_-cebJVMX7L1FXBEfS72HQAJlKLEQPy9P_mDvvBouqYU13GTPHe2aLyZhYtZTNry7potocE6ajkdV9tSzHbua95ZFoA=w548-h730-no

And Steve, the healthy one, went with the kale salad with roast beef and quinoa.

ACtC-3dXDj3aZkD1UyUMBzitaKPTm7Tm_opxqUw2fedL8sR-TvmdQoQjz6ljQgIMDTPADhJwjctlFgcwS8FFYhh541a1aGIOkSLzvQUiSy0O-eMj7GppDo4hlCSZ2u87H0eDCrJ211vhIFuEhQyEoXzToVb-xA=w548-h730-no

We had a great time at dinner chatting and catching up with Lindsey and Will. We decided to head to one of the rides in Pandora since we were here anyways. We thought we'd let the line for FoP get a little shorter before we got on it, so we went to Navi River, which SHOULD have been a walk on, but I think the ride was stalled for a bit as we were waiting for a little while, maybe 20 minutes?

ACtC-3eHSR12eF-O4ieAKS4A5zugN7flZQF9LzSr8tzaEtkvGUnMvu1Zc5XK0io0eVPU8iJbg-zTj_3D8npJS82iED8xKEYdcTLIBa9Il4qqDt60DV581_blwYLtKaC8DdynGUPBEB8sxlvjG7vkiMaSBh9keg=w240-h358-no

I literally have not been on this ride since the previews, choosing to save my FP for FoP so it was nice to go on it again after a few years without! After that we decided to head to FoP and tackle the line there. It was a 45m standby which wasn't too shabby, and it was nice to go on the standby line again since we've also not been through it since the previews.

ACtC-3d4aCTQ_JOCZU4P-CbQ9E5Ni653sF-mdA6h1S24mjKPK-sHUKEwAcj5VkwtgK4v4YqljfQNL1fTKU0fIX-tN0qhSw8JdLnnVZ0dCnYwsUjZjkYZ8OXMXpaTpQzlaJR94dRQV9dsFGPKk80VuZz37Bp3xw=w908-h681-no

We also took advantage of yet more free Mickey Bars, despite the cold. Why do I only eat them when it's cold out?!?

ACtC-3frhtGCPIjh_vQO9dLUy0p79mSch8DXf1qMrboJt73tcwsPBQhvcdLSuAEwutgubhcC2gsnxXfDxufkOpT0J5ls75SJ_z-fDo53KiU6qnfD3Wmxvxl24p9WGw8nyOJPI9QwhQ6cSw9iToKTw6oEXdLZyw=w511-h681-no

ACtC-3cvlN2rxqF7rLJ6ZiihueJkWA91B-ueIh95Fz_AVciZ7Il3n5HdhdX5Jl3WAN9Csvn8RiE5TuCJL9_4TdFPl-CNF7HI1bh3A23KV8L1-bYU1XtZrEPZP5XKxeMnGke17w3glPRvSwpcVdZ6JJ_1IdiRtg=w511-h681-no

And here's a pic of us after the evening:

ACtC-3cMD09PSMxP5MsGWJYrXEaQLW7TiB4CoWekyyE4SrxC4waIZ3ne8vzWtGFwU1lDBMZP5rR3E7N-RXopilXzheW3xqV3c0EV7pSN4bujKuN_theh4PQHYz7H8qCunn_6bnyJNAAK0SLjaDIZeSisSLkZTA=w511-h681-no

Lindsey and Will headed out after that, (they are locals) and we continued on. We stopped to get more food, this one we paid OOP for, but I just couldn't resist the pulled pork fries at Flame Tree! They were good and hit the spot!

ACtC-3cQFrIWOUEs4mRMbc-hR-ZGs4e77xtaUCHfrlceSFwtJLmSqpDFC-UXNkyILjXP13_XjPI5l6eLtYCnsC1beZhrCZ7g9SGcFby7HEimOCo8l8AfbmOUYUMmRqydHVFsEs-3tYibTcFttwFaekUX2LC7-Q=w908-h681-no

And then we headed to Dinoland. I made the mistake of getting us to go on Primeval Whirl since I hadn't been on it in a long time, and I know why, that thing causes whiplash!! LMAO.

ACtC-3clUGyR7fHSDfSlZrJ8T7ffPxq1-dHDLry_g5CTSMah8xxtc_wLiZKsfsZl55qYQFiuCxGQWRy-Av6menDSff_ndTd4BseF6H7tlZN-ZkSANPkW0kma6jOuWWmMDVaC6WFViBGOGTAdgtMwpo5PCqnI3A=w511-h681-no

We played a couple of those country fair games, although we didn't win any of them, haha.

It was really cute to see these CMs keeping warm though:

And the characters did not hold back from having the time of their lives:

My favorites...the Rescue Rangers! They are so stinkin' cute!

ACtC-3eQb5vdGng5ZANkhEHDu_t56rvdzqs-tYabX4ht5Mnx0vlhmd7na-vXedYLue9eTpaHu0PVcqILydSqbVVRcEgpwralaJJOS0a2KQetlpzf-y35kYWQFXhcDWYlQWEMPo681zysnuumZtFX2f0ux6VwwQ=w1096-h730-no

And we ended the night with a picture with Russel, Dug, and Carl! So cool!

ACtC-3cey10qfzS_f_gOLu2MZS9I9WwdShbjdcfKqKcoNCn1VW-hys59YsXXdjnSyD-M2TV51EeWW1PzWO4icSxq23lclmvmEx0wUXiSxr4YGv9ycRCMBbDhuFTpq0J3tyA-XJjxLwvzPmf9xq9ZNTXjh1k4bw=w1096-h730-no

This was our first Moonlight Magic and we had a great time despite the cold! It's a nice little perk and it's a treat to get a "free" meal from Disney, LOL. I especially like the unique characters and all the interaction. The thing is it's hard to figure out when they are going to hold them and they don't always release the dates far in advance and by then you'd have already booked a trip at another time. They are usually held on a random Tuesday or Wednesday so it's not like we can jet down for a weekend, but I would definitely like to do another one! Hope they will start having them again in the future although we don't know what the future holds!

Day 5: Our Last Day

So the next day we had until the late afternoon before ME picked us up. We headed back to DHS because that was where we had our FP. We packed up and had bell services pick up our stuff, and then we went to the Skyliner and rode over to the studios.

We stopped at guest services right outside the entrance to ask about yesterday's boarding group situation. While waiting for the next CM to help us, I got this pic of the Skyliner Refillable mug that Steve got. I love it! It keeps everything cold or hot a lot longer and is much more durable.

ACtC-3dDKzi9z7FoSlFMZzxJw7QPzPqtHqVhg8tB6fnbMyumQx6RwmhITVIqmjx3DY-5tyB25lqjnq5F_wtPvLqnXNZElJvNvIVAZrGS--8B5lwRcAlaoNk42U0ANCCsEBCiFGmkmKxy4uNGHxa-HQU8TUYeXg=w548-h730-no

We were helped by a really nice CM, who looked at her notes once she scanned Steve's magicband, and said, well there was nothing she could do about Steve not being able to ride, but she had it in her notes to give ME a one day park-hopper ticket, but not Steve. WHAT?!? It was the strangest thing. So Steve put in all the effort and I ended up with a free one day ticket. So weird. She couldn't do anything better so she let us pick another FP for the day. She told us Slinky Dog was down so we settled for Toy Story Mania. She was very apologetic though but she said there was really nothing else she could do. We didn't dwell on it so we just decided to head into the park and do our FPs.

First we got breakfast, the Jack Jack's Num Num cookie that I've heard so much about! It was good but definitely sweet so it's a good thing we shared. I like how it's served warm though.

ACtC-3cF33ftxqS0h0vaDc434XSVm3EBxppZI0_5zaQaqm5b8_oBnW2wiZS-1Ndef9aWGXM0-hiv8dE1vHHNEpCo1I7LWMhwTs89FmUm_tdagvX8kIutCPZET32fJF-XybNIzRvvu4Jm35KQx3uSEQOHNfWrfw=w548-h730-no

We did Toy Story twice and I won both times!

ACtC-3eLVsP5EDrw1dc6h8EmAX1v1IJlsIWhUfWAnJ4_ZHi-nz3m13QLGOXamcO-eD_BUQemz1nLu_0rtVM7SS8qEB2xWXZU1RMG3ZvVLSaV1sCqJmpBfVxFmZCPIYTQAAhsFSJUSA6VsoQBI76KymaPVLodvg=w548-h730-no

ACtC-3fiEusgAq3tLsi_1P2nIYBMLaJV3XxZGTneundM8S2hDyMM9A_BJXAxI7rJW_GzdZFTR8qMksB4PjWkrmmWS-GaJDWAzdZ9EC9895fVf6ASnJQ4YZaDgYkvnIuI3VbUObtaas64DgOugmWv8nQViZEMsg=w548-h730-no

ACtC-3cLRObv-5g59P5r-Tk_tQ3_cxnJMwVH2pOVPXaOO_QolyKMOGr2E5vjgeSGKNrNegrhtDohY3pTYBswUPqWjGKdohR3x6cbhHfBQEDJ0xnDbioTsd_gJoXqnPKk2Dhn8jH6I0w8s3mP2VdyCotEp8GzNw=w548-h730-no

I guess we did the rest of our FP and then we decided we'd grab a real lunch over by the Riviera on the way back to CBR. I knew it's because Steve wanted his favorite salad again!

I got the Riviera burger and it was quite good with a mushroom topper, swiss cheese and Parmesan fries.

ACtC-3e6MYdHtwpFAqU2N4eMDfNjc5qQ1KgASFzVfvaTN8MfMBsT7g-7pXEOiWeSL6WU_58uWH-bfVPaAXx6BWdJn015UMqKXbtbzxLIDfpfwuBuMWLB_sQvPGnuRksAhMnhGFKQs_WPM76OE4dFzCnvMrKoUg=w974-h730-no

And of course Steve's new favorite salad:

ACtC-3fjdSoX_VdTtmjFHvnTZBA4ZC87TK2w-ixKxdVj-fJWkWcZIAh988brTnM9nnYibkOlL5FfrGdM3iGUd-CaRDxOdT8d_RK2x87lLW5qeFX54ZI7mhzS2JTBpZIVMOCuqIAW0aDLiFRCgepzyv6ikX-lwg=w548-h730-no

I guess I'll need to schedule some time at the Riviera when we next go back!

And then...it was the end of our trip! We headed back to CBR on the Skyliner (super quick) and made it just before our ME pick up.

And yes, I was tired, but in a good way. I'm glad we got to experience Disney at the beginning of the year. Who knew what was in store for the rest of 2020....

ACtC-3d921YSg6HsaCh6tFnWu_GJG5-JvkyuVpmZowlUoHxVyO8tNBLHkiea9tE-RQXHjCl5dx7VZ338Z-TIg5kS98ZX1QaeOo2TSmzq7sLwFKL1ZAGpES1JlJcZOwwzVmE1144-Ba7LEzGsOlH6pQ_XnsyrfA=w548-h730-no

Thank you for reading our wonderful MLK weekend trip where we got to ride RoTR for the first time, go on our 2nd WDW VIP tour (what!??!!) and experience Festival of the Arts! I had wonderful time meeting up with our Disney friends!

Coming up next, our TR right before WDW Shut down in March. Will post a link when I start it!

Thank you for reading!!!

THE END!!

Moonlight Magic sounds like a lot of fun!

After seeing multiple pictures of that Riviera salad its making me really want one whenever I get to visit that beautiful resort for the first time. YUM!

Thank you for writing this TR. It has brought me a lot of happiness over these past few months. I thought reading TRs on the DIS would make me sad because of the current situation, but it really has been such a joy.

I am very excited for your March 2020 report!

Looks like a fun evening at AK. It's starting to feel surreal looking at pictures and reading about things we all did during the "before times" which were only a few months ago!! Love the night time pics you got though!!

Enjoyed reading along as usual. Both you and Steve are such nice people and so fun to hang out with at the most magical place on the earth!
I sure hope we all can meet up again soon.
I love my Star Wars mug, it is like the Skyliner one. It does keep everything really cold for a long time.
That was weird about the park hopper for you and nothing for Steve, odd!
The salad, Steve loves, does look really delicious!

Sad to hear Steve didn't end up making it on ROTR. At least you've already done it though so it wasn't a massive lost, but that's so rough to find out they were letting his BG on RIGHT AT PARK CLOSE. I know they started doing that on days like you said where there are long downtimes, but UGH that's still rough.

Moonlight Magic looks like such a blast and honestly I totally would be dancing to music in my head in Savi's courtyard during the colder months. It really was the best way to keep warm.

Sad to see this report end, but I'm excited to hear about your last pre-pandemic trip! :mickeyjum

We thought there was no way his BG would be called so close to closing time.
A reasonable assumption.
now we were in jeans, layers, sweatshirts, jackets, hats and scarves!
Yikes! Too cold for Florida.
We waited for the bus at CBR, boarded the next bus to AK, and of course when we were almost at AK...Steve's BG was called, and this was right before the park closed!! :sad:
Nooooooo...
So how the hell was he supposed to get the allocated "2 hours" to return to the park when the park was closed? 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, good question.
It's almost too bad he didn't go back. I really wonder if they would let him in after park close?
I thought he could tell guest services he had a BG and they would let him in, but at that point he was just over it.
Yeah... I get that. Poor Steve.
We were given wristbands as well as a quick service meal card which can to be used at any quick service locations in the park that were open (most of them were)
Oh! Nice!
It was definitely really cold so I'm sorry I don't have too many pictures from the event because I was trying to keep my hands in my pockets.
I get that. I've done winter photography and even with special gloves (the fingers flip on and off), it's tough keeping the hands warm.
we got to see a couple of night-loving animals.
Hide the children's eyes!

Oh... wait... you mean animals that love the night.

Nevermind.
Cool shot!
we decided to head to FoP and tackle the line there. It was a 45m standby which wasn't too shabby
Not bad at all!
it was nice to go on the standby line again since we've also not been through it since the previews.
Never seen it. Always do FP. And every time I've seen the line, it's been at least 2 hours.
We also took advantage of yet more free Mickey Bars, despite the cold. Why do I only eat them when it's cold out?!?
:laughing:
I just couldn't resist the pulled pork fries at Flame Tree! They were good and hit the spot!
That's been on my list for years. It looks... intimidating!
I made the mistake of getting us to go on Primeval Whirl since I hadn't been on it in a long time, and I know why, that thing causes whiplash!! LMAO.
I went on it once... Once!
I will never... EVER! go on it again.
It was really cute to see these CMs keeping warm though:
Awww... :)
All three at once! Actually, I've never even seen Carl before.
I got this pic of the Skyliner Refillable mug that Steve got.
I like it. :)
We were helped by a really nice CM, who looked at her notes once she scanned Steve's magicband, and said, well there was nothing she could do about Steve not being able to ride, but she had it in her notes to give ME a one day park-hopper ticket, but not Steve. WHAT?!? It was the strangest thing. So Steve put in all the effort and I ended up with a free one day ticket. So weird.
That's... bizarre!
"I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but to make up for it, I'm going to give that stranger over there a free ticket. Don't you feel better now?"
We did Toy Story twice and I won both times!
Atta girl. :)
we decided we'd grab a real lunch over by the Riviera on the way back
I was staring at that sentence for about a minute. I was racking my brain: "Where's the Riviera restaurant or kiosk in DHS? I've never heard of this? Is it new? Maybe where LMA show used to be?"
Then I got it. :sad2:
I got the Riviera burger and it was quite good with a mushroom topper, swiss cheese and Parmesan fries.
Wow! That looks good!
And then...it was the end of our trip!
:(
I'm glad we got to experience Disney at the beginning of the year. Who knew what was in store for the rest of 2020....
Yeah...
Thank you for reading our wonderful MLK weekend trip
Thanks for writing about it, Su-Lynn!

Moonlight Magic sounds great. I would love to meet the rare characters. I'm sorry Guest Services couldn't help you with the boarding group but you made the best of your situation. My DD got the same cup as Steve when we went and loves using it.

Looking forward to your next report.

You're not alone. Been reading other's reports of the same or similar issues.
Because we love Disney IT
:laughing: He's spreading his wings!
Finally, after like, 15 years!!
Yikes! But at least he got a number.
dun dun dun...
I looked at that for quite a while. Then went to Google it. I never realized the difference was the egg on top!
Yup, #putaneggonit
Bit windy that day? :)
Just a tad
Is Steve a little gassy?
The photograper told him to pretend he was smoking a cigar lol
:laughing: I had some... oh... maybe a year or two ago. But you're right... It's a rare treat! (Too sweet for me too.)
Definitely too sweet but it does bring on a sense of nostagia.

Teach me your ways, master!
Ok next time we can ride together!
Cute shot of you two. :)
Thanks!
Looooove 50s Onion Rings!
So good!
Wow! I almost always go for the fried chicken... hmmm... maybe I always go for the chicken. But that'd be a tough one to say no to.
I like variety, but yes I do love the fried chicken and wouldn't mind a whole platter of that too.
I'm really surprised at that. I've always thought 50s was one of the harder restaurants to get in to.
For the last 3 times we've been we've always gotten last minute or same day ADRs. Probably cancellations but honestly it wasn't an issue as long as you're flexible with times

That's cool! But... where does the popcorn go? :confused3
The interior is very flat and wide. I think it might actually fit more than a regular bucket.
So fun to hang out with @Mollydolly334 !!!
It was!! I had so much fun with everyone!
Ooooo that special treat of yours is making me wish I had put more effort into the food offerings during FoTA. The Panna Cotta and that little extra gift of the cookie look so so good. Also, I really should've tried that Bloody Mary since my first Blood Mary ever at Universal's Mardi Gras was way too salty. I would've much rather had one with a little kick to it.
I guess it's easy to overlook things when you're surrounded by it! I did enjoy the bloody mary. It was also a little salty but I think many BMs are. I think the tomato juice tends to already have salt in it and then you add all the spices and seasonings and it gets very savory, but it was yummy!
I agree about Paint by Numbers, it is so simple and quick an experience but so so fan.
I love it! I love interactive stuff like that and Disney does it so well!
I'm really hoping y'all made it onto Rise again before MM. Fingers big crossed.
Sniff, sadly...no...

Love the prize for finishing up the palette challenge! Rob would be ecstatic over the strawberry milk. It was his favorite growing up, and he is always trying to convince Jimmy and I to drink it. Nope. We're chocolate Nesquik all the way!!
LOL I am definitely more of a chocolate milk fan myself!! It was definitely a burst of nostalgia!
Primetime is one of our favs, too! I love going there with Jimmy because he gets the giggles over all the shenanigans going on at everyone's tables, and likes to bust his Daddy for checking his phone or putting his elbows on the table. Super fun that Molly was able to join you before heading home, too!
We've always had a great time at 50's. I love comfort food but don't enjoy making it so I like to get it while I'm out, :)
That's adorable that Jimmy becomes the boss at 50's!!
Interested to see if Steve's BG gets called and to hear all about Moonlight Magic at AK!
Just posted... :rolleyes1
That cookie is adorable! This is the first I've seen of it.
Me too! I did not know what the prize was until I saw it while down there so that was super fun!
I haven't ridden the skyliner yet, but it appears to be a welcome addition to Disney transportation.
It's awesome, I love it and now I love it even more because you can get your own "car"
Congrats on your first car photo! It came out really cute!
Thanks!! It was definitely a first for us! Never seen a PP photographer here!
Those popcorn buckets could become an addiction.
Raises hand. Hi I'm Su-Lynn and I'm an popcorn bucket addict. 😆
The SUSPENSE! I must know if Steve got to ride! 😂
Just posted....:rolleyes1
Hoping Steve made it on!! That was such an amazing ride, I do hope to do it again multiple times and really take it all in, once just is not enough!
It really is the most amazing ride!
Still amazes me how much fun y'all pack into one day. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading! I really like to keep the fun going while at Disney. No sleep for me, LOL!!

Because we love Disney IT
Yeah. That must be it. :rolleyes2
dun dun dun...
yeah.... :sad2:
The photograper told him to pretend he was smoking a cigar lol
:laughing:
Ok next time we can ride together!
I'd really like that! :goodvibes
For the last 3 times we've been we've always gotten last minute or same day ADRs. Probably cancellations but honestly it wasn't an issue as long as you're flexible with times
Wow! Really! I'm very surprised. I've been a few times where there were people lined up and being turned away.
The interior is very flat and wide. I think it might actually fit more than a regular bucket.
Huh!

So in any case, Steve did not get to ride RoTR! So all that effort he put in that morning was for naught, to bad

That's super disappointing :sad1:

And then we headed to Dinoland. I made the mistake of getting us to go on Primeval Whirl since I hadn't been on it in a long time, and I know why, that thing causes whiplash!!

Ugh…I won't be sorry to see that thing go. The kids got me on a couple times when they were little, but I hated it 🤢

So cute.

This was our first Moonlight Magic and we had a great time despite the cold! It's a nice little perk and it's a treat to get a "free" meal from Disney, LOL. I especially like the unique characters and all the interaction. The thing is it's hard to figure out when they are going to hold them and they don't always release the dates far in advance and by then you'd have already booked a trip at another time. They are usually held on a random Tuesday or Wednesday so it's not like we can jet down for a weekend, but I would definitely like to do another one! Hope they will start having them again in the future although we don't know what the future holds!

We were finally going to be there for one, October 6th. Now, who knows if they're even having it…or if we're going? :sad2:

Hopping on board! Missing Disney so trip report reading time! This is looking like a great one 😊😀

although he can't understand why I call him that since he claims he is "svelte". :laughing:

This cracked me up, Svelte Steve it is!

Less than 30 minutes here and already our first DISmeet!!

3JNl78bGbYpM6JJ5v46J2j14oNY0ul8qRGrfHiROPGoKIc84xBQfE22TDxTaKZZmJFyz170jnjC0ylU2d8rCMCGP1wf38Vs7_OExJhzTdtKrb7uChHew7b6lTzDs3jAVz-49pxjKrjlVAKIYAFAWYotZCMlCk_pKC0H4_MzYYoXqVMUY3ulKQY0f9sWO7Wt3JW0j0C6ua5hdCiwMlSNXaz99xcU82I6EpQBV5zDqImBzInIg2Xntdo4XNGuCJfWa_ePubwp_qgWu8fS6RBf43XrSO8J0qR39QX1Z_KlznWKTcx3b9SWCUP_5Lq7nMCQTRJ0WHqlFWMk88gbZQoONyYJjUgFzi3meseuVGv6E-rUet8cMbdZv5KEnt8tYoe-HMl-eBz2tXG01W_vzfzpCk7i1fz5ffr4YQpbQONT5wh9xls4WAORCwDCrYz6sZA9r7biu_tLpkY6TGnZBCHFXWK0Aig27CnSmf4gdeZ0T_GO6W_Maj_yyMnFWf6eJ5aCqaXdBIzICwhZH_rb3mSS1xrMxowkGAvNItBudYyaWsydkCMzGkHYu2RGP-xX7sfCToRwR2CcagkO9JqY0FU-lP_a5SbY5wSeOKYoVzq9g_zzVX6Ht7YcxisMovxZGedHUa8xsA09d-_ErSmztSSTvewX4MyyDFTUjcep59hK81qBLhtHFlboGgauT2vlNAUY5kc9344sqXCzJzIw7y9JKr0uoF4dH2wHJ0Wj3i4J624Jf-fnwa7zTZBMq=w947-h710-no

Yay! Cute pic!

Beautiful picture! Looks so inviting!

We go through a lot of liquid handsoap! I would probably be getting some too for the room!
I have an almost 4 year old so the soap goes quickly around here..not a bad thing though, given the ol rona!

Whoa, just whoa!!

6:57am open and ready to get a boarding group
oYlZeRKtcVOWPzlvIie57VCS6A7ZanyZEOKtm8rkoLoMs0YoYDs4j2LoiRV85FunHbvgaNvdh8ODzoBrwi6uEj7oSkPQpC9_oCiPHBDHZqDagum4Dd7Mp9LHg9I88bgNcV4Hz7jpi61IGVdaBLvi6jTfbOA3lTNbk5bhk1_JqnD9rDKfTVqGKAgSKGrpc8aEzJq6MFwq526D_AgODyoKqtYkmQJb68swsjpCK1KKUnwHCKHNUJyZpNS4HCy556zRqEL9oOcoVpTFuJVN8vcUr0uNuLhJrwHXmyRFGUXHEY4nm6WCw4_cUD-kg643uznY5NI9HC4GVW2rA6HNJ8esW1k2t3Q6yiJU4k91yoZ9oJqrNbq0Vw_MqGxKMNXw6TBn7j6qgFrjiyNZTaf8W3LORvv5hZsjdx6g6XephHyXOZCVv7fVYx2nJzBgy9kPH35yxeYJAoMFLUNTs9cCxf962gh4az2LZYhTUcxeJRWoB-9d95DGf06hn4kQGGwHvl8UKmkzzfqs6dl00W3g41t-JD-4OrCwFzrdD1z6NtyLW7Vqre7ziKT0yi70Hmx14763vG1UZh-nkSzrBcNJa35x0XtP9baAYvl9a5JCAu33_W3vuGSMmfA3SAd1w2TxH1_zsApOScrk5FkAfDjVZGwYpZ-hmUdIDUU0UNOiEdy6voYOJ3V4DYjDTF70YZnE0_oG5pf4x8EoQyhwlVdj0ImyJIMmmR9FDB_XstwbYoQVf-6cCFsL0ryusC3S=w266-h574-no

Our last Disney trip was the first week of December and alas no dice on the ROTR :(

Let's just say that Steve was in the latter group later in the trip. It's an entirely confusing story and I'll fill you guys in later.

oh intriguing! popcorn::

Such a cute popcorn bucket!

I mobile ordered I think, so while waiting we got this PP shot:

YmAG2QgWT6-Jx2Bn-ILv6CcppqhanDFAvlnu5qeHg1jwvjpN0wP62nR-P8QiCe47Mx7nACQX22SXm2LiEkCpgA9O1RhAogncfU17Uh-p1TEmYNWR3uQ7G8yhNZIbbNQe3lqQLxaEPNq3R0Z46y3ZUiG2hApvK27raRDI1gQbJ_QvX9V9uUmc5rDIUM00stMDoJSOnDaB3Q7gkNgKTetc3GVG51JUI-OWIY7UZzyJQSAj114jykDa-EM27YoBeIaQjyp1MrpwqYQhqHAGsU8zoxXI_64n14kWyZuWTTUIqT0lBEt8BOtOD2mRGpOynj-K_N4r7YIDLzxsynM_Pm_dMs05kuCnwnopuU1tgc77jcMOl4ryvoyp_bws7Dy4M_rc9rmENx96IHLGxqqx1nHG72ciMYztnuKq66p0Mf7IBXXVAUHWVBWdODx-1s1bxqtBwV6umJwM8y36ImLd4ggGfW9pvk6QRQcyT3auuDrQ__jjuzI29qYjUeusXbs05XpbkqUoxiyvk-aqBeJafWrlDoKH1BQeTBw3uRo8Jj25roUtEQhq7PS6BxicUinAWxq1cFXg1aFhREm4LoMaDaivulehqvM0QejGmRoCpA9v68_b9tcpwyYjfwM6OXGKYvdLKGeTghid1UBhAGDDD5dgpBhJVciMYTexWCIUw3fFhx9RIpaha3eG6x0oCOS5_KvimzEnTroFn2utd0IeDzFw7bxyLgbRpGIp3Zj1vMYlqXDfChkdCUNPnXNE=w459-h688-no

Nice pic of you two but whoa the people!

This does have a Star Wars kinda look to it, it does look sharable for sure.

These are so ski hill to me, having them in hot Florida is a bit crazy, but so useful at Disney!

At Japan I also got the Sake Calpico slushy. Calpico is a japanese soft drink that reminds me of sweet yogurt and they made it into a slushy and had strawberry syrup swirled in. It was so good and not too sweet!

Dx5D8eojH_v3oHFcLKRp2eNDaTgyIFMK8XdQNqiwPtR_VWdJS0iDWnrh7w8jiu2gMpMxhIMYtSL61mEXd1i_CyW_aW2w9TApuWCSOEDXYlIWPkO_QJnTPRH15k-Ic4ewy8J7iowq9LA2TtiFbjuRkxkmukVP4u-P4vu2SQxrXluQdXiErP3jLOGmid9DWQ8LexHHfXdvkE3RJnSwn2GxzVb0J8Xr320AZ96ZrLjMBfVSNOI5OnM-opbosYqDtn-e2Ofugpuy1fAWkyR88vxIjvrP0-pDECWWl3x3f0OEMchVTtEdY3coXNNqm_l4qbE6d1-Y6ndBlogDOTmi3wK7sb8EL_JAR3TYl5zOevyN-iYN8TIYbJcAwNeKsm1A4TEvV_kfq_Y2CV93rGfuy8PR6b6ht8kSJIv2l0ZrcwJVqsNoLjAuY0x1G0BeK_yK4Q1Tz_jgJlbMXUVL6r5X7_jJq4Ftu5eLhvJsUhFMEfHkOn1cLDhx2xab29ZKmLcdyltNvU4ZM1q3BEoVyrijwNw8vYx7Cg03MUqDj9sMu7e4VqJn4e2Mv58fWYwJgaQTpss3NNHc4DJtcZL143N5hldh8VXVDTZQcBZZUlk5A0K6Z_xSSTFVhcmtiIexbhRLI1H1IFAxcfpL-bNhtNjUF_N3X9-rUSXO07hCHVssQzr7RBoa20p7JPaoJUriY1E2rtQhW1vScoXJsb-5ug3WMxXN188P7Z3bJ06BBCCYxWJo8LocEySt45uksnOX=w426-h568-no

Yum! I prefer slushy drinks not tooo sweet.

Here's what we got:

LaTilyNAxlrreGvYDDRJysjLzwPgNfsBxjKPqXjzGw1_w2iVDQvxXfSoHoeMRRmgk49Dm6bgsR7jXW8PCvqyHKYsf01b8XtP0-xQOnz6zzLzSIy8jx66N1LETp4qB_fQTwWviRFZx_kcNa3Exs7mTAJ4UjLqrS6KJAE9ATAv7cSjAhQfk26giMNGuTALxHacdEPG46vO2ajTDUGTh0lrgdrP1So2PlUEMymykXFylhL5wQUzj7zLL_kUQ3_jiHhWIJW1zCP1GYM1lWXd8a_FUWQjYYLwrUEHfJKA1lpd-YncuW0uZ8paYTu2JcFhRcdXtoZdhqCytq8TiGJvcZmFU4_-pmwdJHPVQijz942mXi5ra0hNaMumG1fo_EqvffBvRWzmgtPc-MPdxIY0ViiglcjmzC1kpxIGzXutQsX4GZKB4pmtqHp-RSmteviD-cJ4fRxwwY6GFuyx6Aow_2070wpUAKFxzV9TA5RjU89k9VaZSxf6mZu765DZAEJ6TR63njczmIBkaKPzVvO7twtO8i3n026YlIILtL_nlz5SuR74phRv7TlFvNlDmuucqH-CtIMRwDv_YISn9vQuM05eL9i84HSHUyNa2Ge55WpZ_F_3h10Y43wWMaebv8Fr3aHCaivzM3EKRyETqp1oXI462An4rUF4viytDWO21HQU4vsD2Yhk4hJoWZGDvEUncNaoVt2QkJJ2eKCPYJ1rfWAnHLqwFdSPQfoCfbnQVmruqLFsrTTFbnNTCFIU=w474-h632-no

This picture looks soo good and it's not quite 8 am for me!

Here's our series of pictures, it tells a story of how we are at a party and get progressively drunk and perhaps hungover. It was a group effort. Lots of vigilant acting here!
😊😀

Loved this, so funny! Will read more in a bit, need to get caught up!!

Hi guys! Hope everyone has been enthralled with all the videos from Disney's park openings these last few days. I've never seen the parks so empty! Crazy! Steve was amazed there was only like one party on LWTL! :flower3:
We've been binge watching all the feeds and oddly I am currently sitting here watching someone ride LWTL just for Steve

So in any case, Steve did not get to ride RoTR! So all that effort he put in that morning was for naught, to bad. I thought we would try to ask Guest Services the next day because I was curious as to how it all worked.
Ugh. What a disappointment.

Moonlight Magic now includes a quick services entree and drink with your admission, which is "free" of course, just have to factor that into the rising costs of owning DVC direct from Disney, LOL.
For Disney even "free" is such an anamoly these days so score on food being included.

Knowing how hot it is in FL these days this looks so crazy that you all had to be so bundled up.

We stopped to get more food, this one we paid OOP for, but I just couldn't resist the pulled pork fries at Flame Tree! They were good and hit the spot!

ACtC-3cQFrIWOUEs4mRMbc-hR-ZGs4e77xtaUCHfrlceSFwtJLmSqpDFC-UXNkyILjXP13_XjPI5l6eLtYCnsC1beZhrCZ7g9SGcFby7HEimOCo8l8AfbmOUYUMmRqydHVFsEs-3tYibTcFttwFaekUX2LC7-Q=w908-h681-no
Yum!!! These look delicious.

I got this pic of the Skyliner Refillable mug that Steve got. I love it! It keeps everything cold or hot a lot longer and is much more durable.

ACtC-3dDKzi9z7FoSlFMZzxJw7QPzPqtHqVhg8tB6fnbMyumQx6RwmhITVIqmjx3DY-5tyB25lqjnq5F_wtPvLqnXNZElJvNvIVAZrGS--8B5lwRcAlaoNk42U0ANCCsEBCiFGmkmKxy4uNGHxa-HQU8TUYeXg=w548-h730-no
Wow, that is a pretty nice looking mug. I was never a fan of those plastic things but this looks like a definite upgrade.

Thank you for reading our wonderful MLK weekend trip where we got to ride RoTR for the first time, go on our 2nd WDW VIP tour (what!??!!) and experience Festival of the Arts! I had wonderful time meeting up with our Disney friends!
Thanks as always for sharing your adventures with us. Can't wait for the new one

OK, I just got here - because right before starting whatever school is gonna look like this year is the best time to get back to the Disboards...

Regardless, I'm excited! Prepare for a quote dump :P

After the bag-check line, you have to deal with the...tapstile lines. Yes there are lines everywhere.

These pictures are CRAZY - I remember it being like that, but sitting here in July, I'm having an internal panic attack about how close together everyone is :P

Because there's nothing like popcorn at 8am!!

Yum - love Disney popcorn! Best snack/breakfast/ on the go meal at the parks in my opinion :)

Three-Cheese Egg Bite, Pork Sausage, Purple Potato Hash, Mini Mustafarian Cinnamon Roll.

OK, this looks really good! I doubt we'll be over to HS for breakfast any time soon (not even sure if they'd be doing breakfast with current operating hours), but if this comes back I may have to try it.

November last year it really has become our favorite way to get around because it's super fast and efficient.

I love the Skyliner! Sadly, I think it has become very inefficient due to COVID - I saw a post today with a 25 minute wait at AoA/Pop! But at least that probably means you could get your own car...

The lines at Epcot did not, however, seem to move at all. Even after installing the new tapstiles, it just seems to get more crowded! Imagine if we had to start taking temperature at the entrance now? Well everyone just be prepared to wait an hour just to get into a park! It's coming, I'm telling ya.

Clearly they needed more expansion on this side - still better than the two or three tapstiles that used to be there! Though of course now, almost no one can go into that side of Epcot, so I guess it's probably fine :P

The Riviera is such an elegant resort.
LOVE it! We currently have a room booked in October, but not sure we're going to keep it. It was for a Moonlight Magic that doesn't look like it will be happening - so we'll see! Eventually I will stay here :)

And Steve had literally, his new favorite dish in all of Disney: The Tuna Nicoise Salad
OK, this didn't sound that great - but it LOOKS wonderful. I may see if Will and I can head over there to eat next week...I wonder if we can stop over on the Skyliner these days, or not?

This was probably the longest ride because...we got stuck in the annoying DNA matching/decontamination room TWICE and had to sit through the "and...umm...fly" guy two times!! :sad2:
Well that is a LONG pre-show. Also, I love that this quote is now an identifying feature of this ride :P

We loved Topolino's brunch and thought it was well worth it.

This looks awesome - that steak dish, yum! And now this is the only character meal open on property, I believe. Definitely on my list for some future trip!

I kid you not when I saw that IaSW had like a 45 minute wait, they event set up ropes outside the ride to handle the extra crowds.

Oof - SO LONG! You know it's crowded at MK when this is the case.

Gotta love Disney IT
Don't get me started...my in-laws were so frustrated when this dropped, and then I spent way too long on the phone recently dealing with tickets! Disney IT is so annoying. I wish they would get it together one of these days!

We shared the Croque Madame and it was really tasty with good crispy bacon!

OK, this also looks great - and crispy bacon is my favorite (and hard to find at Disney)!

So we bundled up because we knew it was going to be a really cold night
This is hard to imagine now, but it was SO COLD!!

which is "free" of course, just have to factor that into the rising costs of owning DVC direct from Disney, LOL.
Bahaha - yes, just the matter of that small price tag. If we ever buy more points it will be resale!

They are usually held on a random Tuesday or Wednesday so it's not like we can jet down for a weekend
That was one annoying thing about Moonlight Magic events before we were local - we got lucky to catch a few, but it is a lot easier in some cases if you are close!

Coming up next, our TR right before WDW Shut down in March. Will post a link when I start it!

I can't even tell you the number of times we've talked about the VIP Tour day and how lucky we were to get that in before everything went crazy! Literally like a week before - man.

OK, if you made it through that quote insanity, kudos! Loved reading about this trip (and remembering the not so olden days of massive Disney crowds)! Can't wait to see your March recap :D

Hi guys! Hope everyone has been enthralled with all the videos from Disney's park openings these last few days. I've never seen the parks so empty! Crazy!

I haven't had the time to watch any. I've been barely keeping up here. I still have a few more TRs to catch up on!

of course when we were almost at AK...Steve's BG was called, and this was right before the park closed!! :sad: So how the hell was he supposed to get the allocated "2 hours" to return to the park when the park was closed? 🤷‍♀️

That's weird. At DL they stopped calling BGs at 8PM or two hours before park close, whichever was earlier. That way everyone had their 2 hours to get there. Although sometimes with the back up groups they were only allowing 1 hour to get back.

Moonlight Magic now includes a quick services entree and drink with your admission, which is "free" of course, just have to factor that into the rising costs of owning DVC direct from Disney, LOL.

I was confused....did you do a paid event similar to Moonlight Magic? OK wait that was the night before on this trip, at MK, right?

And Steve, the healthy one, went with the kale salad with roast beef and quinoa.

Both look relatively healthy. I'm bad, I prefer my greasy unhealthy food! :laughing:

It was a 45m standby which wasn't too shabby, and it was nice to go on the standby line again since we've also not been through it since the previews.

Wow! That's kinda long. It was only 20 minutes when we did it. Then again that was closer to 11PM. I don't know what it was earlier in the evening.

And then we headed to Dinoland. I made the mistake of getting us to go on Primeval Whirl since I hadn't been on it in a long time, and I know why, that thing causes whiplash!! LMAO.

Well you got to go on it for a last time. Aren't they getting rid of it?

My favorites...the Rescue Rangers! They are so stinkin' cute!

Totally cute!

The thing is it's hard to figure out when they are going to hold them and they don't always release the dates far in advance and by then you'd have already booked a trip at another time.

I've just lucked out and been able to get in on them on two of my last three trips.

We were helped by a really nice CM, who looked at her notes once she scanned Steve's magicband, and said, well there was nothing she could do about Steve not being able to ride, but she had it in her notes to give ME a one day park-hopper ticket, but not Steve. WHAT?!?

That is really weird, I don't know how they come up with their comps and such.

First we got breakfast, the Jack Jack's Num Num cookie that I've heard so much about! It was good but definitely sweet so it's a good thing we shared. I like how it's served warm though.

ACtC-3cF33ftxqS0h0vaDc434XSVm3EBxppZI0_5zaQaqm5b8_oBnW2wiZS-1Ndef9aWGXM0-hiv8dE1vHHNEpCo1I7LWMhwTs89FmUm_tdagvX8kIutCPZET32fJF-XybNIzRvvu4Jm35KQx3uSEQOHNfWrfw=w548-h730-no

OK, this is weird, it looks nothing like ours does!

And they put the recipe out back in April, so I made them the other day for National Chocolate Chip Cookie day.

That looks pretty decent. Better than what we got there. Steve's again looks way to healthy!

And yes, I was tired, but in a good way. I'm glad we got to experience Disney at the beginning of the year. Who knew what was in store for the rest of 2020....

I'm so glad that I can say this too......who knows what it will be like in the future and if I will even be able to go back in October of next year. I'll book it at least and we'll have to see how the rest of 2020 and 2021 go!

:hyper: Looking forward to it, now that I am caught up with only. Only three more to go, I think!

So nice to read your report as always. Especially nice to see everyone without masks on lol and everyone just mingling as normal.

I took a break from the boards and missed your entire report!

My family took our first January trip and we were also surprised by how crowded and cold it was. We only took a short trip as well for my daughters gymnastics competition. Knowing what I know now, I wish we had stayed longer. Now I am looking forward to next January. Only this time I will have to run as part of my visit!

Hey there!! I just wanted to say that I just found your whole trip review and binge read it!!!! Thank you so much for putting all the work into creating something just to share the Disney magic!! My husband and I have decided to not plan any new Disney trips until 2022 and we had to cancel our summer trip this year (of course!). So it was wonderful to live through a Disney trip with you!!! Wishing you all the best and hope you get to enjoy an amazing Disney trip (or very very many trips!) soon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter