RISE OF SKYWALKER and fixed point in time (SPOILERS)

EPCOT-O.G.

DIS Veteran
I know Galaxy’s Edge has famously fixed itself at a point in time in the most recent trilogy. It’s apparently forbidden to even acknowledge or depict Darth Vader, etc, as he’s no longer alive at the time period the land is supposed to be set in (roughly, between VIII and IX)

Now, having seen the most recent film, many characters we’ve come to know from the last two films have changed dramatically. I won’t say what exactly, but I wonder if there is any movement afoot to loosen up the very (and unnecessary) self- limiting time era and storytelling restrictions that were imposed on GE.

I haven’t had the opportunity to ride ROTR yet, but have a vague understanding of its story. Having now seen the very similarly named film, it is kind of jarring given how differently the characters are portrayed.

I know Galaxy’s Edge has famously fixed itself at a point in time in the most recent trilogy. It’s apparently forbidden to even acknowledge or depict Darth Vader, etc, as he’s no longer alive at the time period the land is supposed to be set in (roughly, between VIII and IX)

Now, having seen the most recent film, many characters we’ve come to know from the last two films have changed dramatically. I won’t say what exactly, but I wonder if there is any movement afoot to loosen up the very (and unnecessary) self- limiting time era and storytelling restrictions that were imposed on GE.

I haven’t had the opportunity to ride ROTR yet, but have a vague understanding of its story. Having now seen the very similarly named film, it is kind of jarring given how differently the characters are portrayed.
I was wondering the same thing after watching the new movie today.

At first I thought it was kind of weird now that the movie is out and we’ve seen what happens. But then I guess that’s just like any other IP based dark ride where it retells all or part of a story we already know from a movie.

No need to change anything. It makes sense in the point in time the land is fixed in. O

I think I have a way to look at it that reconciles the OP's issue.

Given that Star Wars takes place "a long time ago" from an Earth time perspective, visitors from earth to Batuu must already be time traveling to the past to get there. Perhaps something like a wormhole (that maybe also provides the means of traveling across space as well) where the Batuu end is fixed at a particular point in time. This would remove any issues with us knowing what happens, in the future relative to Batuu, since their future would still be our past anyway.

I think I have a way to look at it that reconciles the OP's issue.

Given that Star Wars takes place "a long time ago" from an Earth time perspective, visitors from earth to Batuu must already be time traveling to the past to get there. Perhaps something like a wormhole (that maybe also provides the means of traveling across space as well) where the Batuu end is fixed at a particular point in time. This would remove any issues with us knowing what happens, in the future relative to Batuu, since their future would still be our past anyway.

Then you gotta worry about some random visitor saying too much and creating a paradox. Too dangerous. ;)

Then you gotta worry about some random visitor saying too much and creating a paradox. Too dangerous. ;)

Depends on which time travel theory is followed...one theory says the future can’t be changed.

In one sense it seems strange to now be in the past, but on the other hand, Ariel is a mermaid at most m&g’s, villains that die in their movie are out and about, Belle meets in her pre-princess provincial outfit, etc etc. Characters tend to meet in their iconic outfit, regardless of whether that is their final look or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter