Rips in the Haunted Mansion paintings

I don't think they do anymore. Just from seeing like rides start operating a couple hours after park opening so they can "check the tracks." They used to have the rides ready to run in the morning. Stuff like that makes me think the night crews are no more.

That explains why rides are down as soon as the parks open. Quite a disservice to guests. Absolutely no excuse to be cutting corners at a time when the parks are busier, and more profitable, than ever.

That explains why rides are down as soon as the parks open. Quite a disservice to guests. Absolutely no excuse to be cutting corners at a time when the parks are busier, and more profitable, than ever.

No that doesn't explain why some rides are down when a park opens. There's nowhere that says Disney doesn't have crews doing maintenance overnight.. Which would be the only time for maintenance aside from a refurb.

Before each ride opens the CM's have to do safety checks and make sure everything is functioning the way it should. If something is wrong, then it's temporarily closed until it can be fixed. Which is why sometimes you might see a ride down. Just because Frozen doesn't open at 9am because Olaf is stuck and won't move doesn't necessarily mean that crews weren't working on the ride the night before. Just because you got new tires put on your car a week ago doesn't mean you can't get a nail in one tomorrow.

In a perfect world no ride would ever go down. But I think Disney and Universal both do an excellent job at ride maintenance given how their open every single day and the amount of people they get.

Not saying you might be wrong in being mad a ride goes down, I just don't think it's fair to assume Disney isn't doing proper maintenance or is cutting corners because a ride might be down or open a little late

No that doesn't explain why some rides are down when a park opens. There's nowhere that says Disney doesn't have crews doing maintenance overnight.. Which would be the only time for maintenance aside from a refurb.

Before each ride opens the CM's have to do safety checks and make sure everything is functioning the way it should. If something is wrong, then it's temporarily closed until it can be fixed. Which is why sometimes you might see a ride down. Just because Frozen doesn't open at 9am because Olaf is stuck and won't move doesn't necessarily mean that crews weren't working on the ride the night before. Just because you got new tires put on your car a week ago doesn't mean you can't get a nail in one tomorrow.

In a perfect world no ride would ever go down. But I think Disney and Universal both do an excellent job at ride maintenance given how their open every single day and the amount of people they get.

Not saying you might be wrong in being mad a ride goes down, I just don't think it's fair to assume Disney isn't doing proper maintenance or is cutting corners because a ride might be down or open a little late

As I've said before on these boards, this is not a court of law. We don't have to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt before we can draw a conclusion based on the evidence we have. And a lack of maintenance at night would explain a lot, given the rash of ride breakdowns that have been reported on Disboards.

Safety checks, just before the ride opens? Why couldn't they have done that hours before, during the early morning or night? Maybe because they don't have a night crew anymore? Sounds likely to me. It would be a perfect, invisible way to save a few bucks, since no guests are ever in the parks after hours.

Not certain? Can't assume that? Not necessarily? Fine. I'll settle for likely, probable and I wouldn't be the least surprised.

As I've said before on these boards, this is not a court of law. We don't have to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt before we can draw a conclusion based on the evidence we have. And a lack of maintenance at night would explain a lot, given the rash of ride breakdowns that have been reported on Disboards.

Safety checks, just before the ride opens? Why couldn't they have done that hours before, during the early morning or night? Maybe because they don't have a night crew anymore? Sounds likely to me. It would be a perfect, invisible way to save a few bucks, since no guests are ever in the parks after hours.

Not certain? Can't assume that? Not necessarily? Fine. I'll settle for likely, probable and I wouldn't be the least surprised.

You can assume anything you want. I just know if there was no crew doing maintenance, rides would be broken everyday.

A night crew does ride maintenance and repairs stuff. Safety checks are done in the morning by ride CM's and their not done hours before the park opens because CM's aren't coming in 4+ hours before the park opens.

You can assume anything you want. I just know if there was no crew doing maintenance, rides would be broken everyday.

A night crew does ride maintenance and repairs stuff. Safety checks are done in the morning by ride CM's and their not done hours before the park opens because CM's aren't coming in 4+ hours before the park opens.

Rides do break down every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter