RIP Matthew Perry

just saw this. so was there some kind of cover-up at the location of his death, someone providing the ketamine for use outside the theraputic model? for the levels present in his system it seems like he would have had to have used it within close proximity to his death (according to the experts on how long it remains detectable in the body).

i've been concerned about this drug/form of therapy for some time-esp. after seeing it being administered and filmed on at least 2 reality shows (not a big fan of showing tv edited portions of any kind of therapy-let alone one with potentialy deadly consequences). people don't realize the dangers.
It sounds like there is some question as to whether he was supplementing the ketamine he was receiving as part of his medical therapy for anxiety and depression. His serum ketamine levels were higher than would be expected for having received his last treatment over a week before. I‘m not sure more is known at this time.

I've read that Ketamie therapy was not supposed to be given to people with a history of drug addiction? At any case they guy had a lot of demons and I feel very bad for him. He is also a very poignant cautionary tale that money and success doesn't make you happy and what people appear as aren't what they are on the inside. Somebody the happiest seeming people, like Robin Williams before him, fight the biggest inner demons.

He also had diabetes, heart disease and COPD. He had exercised a lot that day and used the hot tub. All that plus ketamine was just too much on his body.

I know people who have used ketamine successfully to treat depression. But it sounds like he was taking more than he was prescribed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter