• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RIP Main Street USA Mayor Weaver

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
wdwnewstoday and many other sources are reporting this sad news that George Weaver has passed away.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/mayor-main-street-magic-kingdom-george-weaver-passed-away/

So sad to hear this news at any time,but even worse on Christmas Eve.

Don't know if it is possible,but lowering the Main Street USA flag to half-staff would be such an awesome tribute.

CB40C344-9AA4-47A1-8F34-BF3BF4827E96.jpeg

Oh, that's so very sad. What a wonderful, cheerful presence he was on Main Street. We have such fond memories of the day he made DS10 Junior Mayor when we had lunch at the Plaza a few years back. What wonderful memories he created for so many people for so many years. My heartfelt condolences to all of his family and friends.

Just heard about this from a friend who works in WDW Entertainment... totally heartbroken. I'll never forget walking up to him on my first visit to Magic Kingdom during my College Program. He handed me a business card and told me "this card is good for complimentary access to the back of any line!" Truly one of Walt Disney World's finest. MSUSA simply won't be the same... sincere condolences to all of his family, friends, and the rest of the Magic Kingdom entertainment team during this time.

Oh, no! Seems like we ran into him on nearly every trip. We have so many photos with him. Very sad news for MS USA. RIP, Mr. Mayor.:grouphug:

This is so sad to hear. I remember my dad would go out of his way to say “Hello Mr. Mayor!” whenever he could. Just such a fun presence on Main Street. He really made the whole place feel a little more immersive.

RIP Mr Mayor
I have very fond memories of several encounters over the years. He was so very kind and funny, A true Asset to Disney.
Heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends!

Just met him this year! He was wearing a seersucker suit and we loved meeting him! Our grandchildren had a photo made with him and couldn't believe they had met the mayor!

Legend.

Met him twice and he gave me a pin back in 2006 for the year of a million dreams.

He would also host the welcome show of the morning when Mickey would pull into Main Street Station.

He would also host the welcome show of the morning when Mickey would pull into Main Street Station.

Yes-The Honorable Christopher George Weaver,Mayor of Main Street USA was such a huge part of so many Magic Kingdom Welcomes and also the head of his Volunteer Fire Dept,Chief Smokey Miller,would "sub" for the Mayor on many openings.

Magic Kingdom Welcome was so special and the Mayor was such a huge part of it.

Main Street USA will be a lot emptier without the positivity of Mayor Weaver! Our sincere condolences to his family, both on and off of Main Street. You are in our hearts and thoughts and prayers. We can only hope the Mayor knew how much he was loved.
His back o’ the line friends,
The Wisconsin Pen Ladies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter