• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RIP Indy Single Rider Line

Lm3js

Mouseketeer
Was here at end of May and there still was single rider for Indy. Here today and no more and they said it likely would not be coming back as it is now for wheelchair entrance. Guess they are prepping for it to be LL

No doubt that will be a LL attraction.

I was there in July. The first day of our trip, single rider for Indy was open. The other two days they said it wasn't. It was an odd SR line, I will admit. Virtual Queue was never an option during our visit either.

Anyone know if LL signs are popping up at the parks like they are at WDW?

We haven’t seen any yet. First day today at DL and haven’t hopped over to DCA yet. Of course, we went single rider on Space and
Smugglers Run so didn’t see much of normal entrance.

Yeah Indy makes sense as an IA$ ride with RotR. Add in Web Slingers and RSR and you got the top 4 rides for long lines.

Indy SR was spotty at best anyway, and not always run the same way. I used to ask often to ride SR and got turned away about half the time. Also, at least one trip, it would have been so easy to just stuff the SR pass into our pockets, slip into the regular line at the ramp up toward the stairs, and thus get to ride together, instead of doing the elevator up and down thing. There was basically no separation at that point, but we’d bypassed a 60 minute wait. We didn’t, of course, but I’m sure many did. I’m not surprised they’re getting rid of it; it was hard to manage.

Was here at end of May and there still was single rider for Indy. Here today and no more and they said it likely would not be coming back as it is now for wheelchair entrance. Guess they are prepping for it to be LL
I guess I'm a bit confused.... The SRL at Indy has always been the wheelchair/handicap access line as well. Sometimes they'd split the SRL vs HA line in the movie room, and then add them back in with the regular line until the SRL & HA line would go in the side gate thingy to do the elevator dance, then separate the SRL and HA line again once out of the elevator.

I'd think they'd use the old FP line for LL. Do we know for sure that Indy will be a IA$? I guess I just didn't consider a 26 year old ride on the same level as RSR, Web, or RTR. (Don't tell my husband I said this; he would probably disown me. He loves Indy much more than I do! )

I'm really anxious to see how this all turns out!

What is IA$? That's an abbreviation I haven't seen before.
I’m a little late, but yeah Individual Attractions Selections (IA$) for the pay per ride person fee. Rumor is that 2 rides in each park will be IA$, the rest will be G+. We know, RotR, Web Slingers, and RSR are verified as IA$ rides. We’re now guessing which ride will be the 2nd IA$ ride at DL. Indy and Space Mountain are leading contenders.

of course we are all wondering what the cost will be too…

This past May? They were still doing social distancing, so single rider was closed.

Indys single rider line closes frequently when it becomes backed up. Wheelchair and single riders have always shared the same line until the rotunda, they they split off into separate lines.

This past May? They were still doing social distancing, so single rider was closed.

Indys single rider line closes frequently when it becomes backed up. Wheelchair and single riders have always shared the same line until the rotunda, they they split off into separate lines.
Memorial Day they absolutely were not still social distancing and it was open as we did single on many rides -- Indy, RSR, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Smugglers Run.

Edited** I mispoke - sorry, we were there near July 9/10 - my mistake. Not end of May.

I was just going to say the same thing, WC and SR were 1 line to the rotunda.

As for the Lightening Lane, the rides have been said to be ROTR, Space Mountain Racers, and Web Slingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter