RIP (Depeche Mode's) Andy Fletcher

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Andy “Fletch” Fletcher, the co-founder and keyboardist of beloved synth-pop and New Wave stalwarts Depeche Mode, died at the age of 60.​
Fletcher’s bandmates announced his death Thursday on social media; Rolling Stone has confirmed that the cause of death was natural causes. “We are shocked and filled with overwhelming sadness with the untimely passing of our dear friend, family member and bandmate Andy ‘Fletch’ Fletcher,” the band said in a statement.​
“Fletch had a true heart of gold and was always there when you needed support, a lively conversation, a good laugh or a cold pint.”​

My Gen X heart can't handle this today. I love Depeche Mode. Had mega crushes on all of the band members for ages through the 80s and 90s. Saw them in concert at The Forum in LA with my then-boyfriend/now DH...phenomenal concert.

Yep. In that video, Vince Clarke looked incredibly intense, Martin Gore looked like he's too cool for the camera, David Gahan reminds me of Shia LaBoeuf, and Andy Fletcher looked like a dork. I'm sure he had a hard time living that one down.

So sad, got to wonder if the band will keep going without him. I guess DH and I are lucky to have seen them live so many times in recent years.

I know Dave is still making new music, saw him on one of the late shows a couple of months ago promoting a new album with the Soulsavers. But it's not the same.

So sad, got to wonder if the band will keep going without him. I guess DH and I are lucky to have seen them live so many times in recent years.

I know Dave is still making new music, saw him on one of the late shows a couple of months ago promoting a new album with the Soulsavers. But it's not the same.

The live shows are way different than they were in the 80s, that's for sure. I saw them at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California in 2013. Not just synths, but a real drummer, guitars, etc. Andy Fletcher just kind of stood in the corner and tried to be inconspicuous.

One of my favorites bands. So lucky to have seen them in concert a couple of times. I honestly always thought it would be Dave who went first. So sad. RIP Fletch.
Me too! Between their last two tours I saw them at least 6 times maybe 8 times. one of my favorite nights of all time was their June 2018(?) concert in Boston.
I was hoping for another tour soon. So sas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter