RIP Canada's 18th Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney

Was sad to hear this. I grew up in Ottawa during the Mulroney years - my parents met them a few times.

I never met Matthew Perry, but the family I rented a room from during university were good friends with him and I slept in the same room he had previously slept in.

Meghan and Ben’s wife Jessica used to be close, but didn’t they have a falling out over something?
Sounds about par for the course.

Was sad to hear this. I grew up in Ottawa during the Mulroney years - my parents met them a few times.

I never met Matthew Perry, but the family I rented a room from during university were good friends with him and I slept in the same room he had previously slept in.

Wow Ottawa sure sounds a small town! Did the Keith Morrison family (Perry's half siblings) get around too? Did anyone hang with them?

I was too young to remember much about Mulroney except the name. I have more formative memories of Chretian.

Let light perpetual shine upon him.

Doesn't seem all that weird to me...Mulroney was Prime Minister during Gretzky's heyday as a Canadian icon. Several here have mentioned their memories of Mulroney during their formative years; maybe it's no different for Gretzky. Very possible they crossed paths somewhere, or just that their shared prominence during the era was the deciding factor. I think it's kind of a nice honor for both of them. :goodvibes

Doesn't seem all that weird to me...Mulroney was Prime Minister during Gretzky's heyday as a Canadian icon. Several here have mentioned their memories of Mulroney during their formative years; maybe it's no different for Gretzky. Very possible they crossed paths somewhere, or just that their shared prominence during the era was the deciding factor. I think it's kind of a nice honor for both of them. :goodvibes
Just wondering what that deciding factor is. They never lived in the same cities.
Wayne never seemed overly political and was living in the USA by part way during Mulroney’s term.

As Gen X it was PET that was during the formative years for me. He was the PM for most of my childhood/teen years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter