***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Sorry, I am new to this board. I didn't know there were rules about time measured items. Sorry, again.

I agree there aren’t “rules “. Just Common Sense. A months old weather related thread is not interesting to most current readers/posters.

I agree there aren’t “rules “. Just Common Sense. A months old weather related thread is not interesting to most current readers/posters.

It's easy to skip over a thread you're uninterested in rather than make a new user feel unwelcome. They found a place to share their experience, and it was the appropriate thread. Hurricanes will come again, so somebody might find their experience helpful or informative.

It's easy to skip over a thread you're uninterested in rather than make a new user feel unwelcome. They found a place to share their experience, and it was the appropriate thread. Hurricanes will come again, so somebody might find their experience helpful or informative.
I was not uninterested - I was very curious as to why this particular thread was being resurrected.
I was not trying to make a new user feel unwelcome, but rather attempting to point out some thoughts on what would help to make their transition easier.
I find your criticism quite harsh.

Last edited:

I was not uninterested - I was very curious as to why this particular thread was being resurrected.
I was not trying to make a new user feel unwelcome, but rather attempting to point out some thoughts on what would help to make their transition easier.
I find your criticism quite harsh.
Hopefully its the way you phrased your initial statements. In this situation, I agree with paradesintherai.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am new to this board. I didn't know there were rules about time measured items. Sorry, again.

:welcome:
To the Disboards!

You did not break any rules
You are fine

I moderate the UO/SW forums and see threads a year old brought back to life

It happens and not a problem

Btw, I was also there when Hurricane hit

Last edited:
You might want to read this reply again through the eyes of the person you replied to. It came across as "quite harsh" and rude. Maybe that's not how you meant it, but when I read it I thought "ouch."

I only commented because you called out others for coming at you harshly.

:welcome:
To the Disboards!

You did not break any rules
You are fine

I moderate the UO/SW forums and see threads a year old brought back to life

It happens and not a problem

Btw, I was also there when Hurricane hit
Thank you. I've just never been in a forum like this and I don't even know where to begin. I have a question about the Website where we are purchasing our points and I don't know where I can ask about it.

Thank you. I've just never been in a forum like this and I don't even know where to begin. I have a question about the Website where we are purchasing our points and I don't know where I can ask about it.

I too will say Welcome to the DIS boards!

If you have a question regarding purchasing DVC points, there's a whole section of forums re DVC on the DIS. Just scroll down past all the Disney Trip Planning Forums to the Disney Vacation Club section, click there, then at the top is a forum called Purchasing DVC. I'm sure you'll find answers to your questions if you post there!

Hi, Thelma, and welcome to the DISboards!! Don't worry about posting on older threads, if we didn't want people posting on them, we'd close 'em. :) It's absolutely fine to post on any open thread, and please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like!

Your DVC point question is probably best posted on the Purchasing DVC board, as the PP (previous poster) said. There are a couple of ways to find the complete list of forums here:

1) At the top and bottom of the page, there's a "ribbon" that looks like this.

Home | Forums | Disney Trip Planning Forums | Disney Resorts

....if you click on Forums, you'll see the full list.

2) At the right side of that same ribbon, there's a little arrow. That's a quick navigation button that will pop up a list of forums that you can scroll through and click on. It's a fast way to move around on the boards.

But don't worry too much about posting in the wrong place. It's easy for moderators to move threads around, and if we see a thread that we think belongs on another board, we'll just move it over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter