• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

As of 5 minutes ago Gas Buddy still shows no gas availability for us until we get to Pensacola. (leaving from WDW)

Last edited:
I spoke to Alaska this morning no assessment would be made until after six or seven o'clock tonight and to just keep watching the app or call back after 7pm. We fly out tomorrow night at 5:22.....I hope.

Looks like the same food at all of the values. Pizza, pasta, burgers, chicken nuggets, soups & fresh sandwiches at Pop.
Is that the same at AofA?

Cause the darn things won't go and enter flight plans with NOAA ;)
I know it's frustrating. We are dealing with it here ourselves, will we or won't we have damaging winds tonight?
They still don't know
But as much science as we have today, we are still talking about a force of nature and there is nothing at all that can predict where they are going and what they are doing, until they do it. They can give best guesses but that's all they are, ever.

You know, years ago (like 20) my father once told me that they "can't predict a snowflake in a blizzard" and this is still true today...storms do what they want.

Artist palette is open and has salads, pizza, subs, sandwiches etc.... Grandstand and Congress pools should both be open now. The arcade is still free and there are fun games and characters in the performance hall.

Just got done stuffing my face at boardwalk buffet. 15 dollars plus tax. Wish they had these prices all the time[/QUOTE

What was in the Boardwalk buffet?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when pools at the hotels may open?
I think it will vary by resort, depending on how quickly they can clean the debris out and test/treat the water. Here at Bay Lake, we saw CMs working on it late this afternoon, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

The Big Blue Pool at AoA is open and crazy crowded. Sure wish they had the means to get the other two pools open, if only to disperse the crowd. I would like to swim, if only to have something to do to get out of the room for a bit, but not with 2000 of my closest friends. You don't realize exactly how many folks are here until you get them all clustered up in one place.

just went on jet blue.com and I saw a flight that has left from boston to Orlando and a couple of connecting flights from boston to jfk that have arrived. is there people on these planes or are they just getting planes and crews ready for when mco reopens? just trying to remain optimistic and trying to get some reassurance that my flight will take off
MCO is opening in limited capacity tomorrow. I bet they are getting aircraft ready for AM flights.

The Big Blue Pool at AoA is open and crazy crowded. Sure wish they had the means to get the other two pools open, if only to disperse the crowd. I would like to swim, if only to have something to do to get out of the room for a bit, but not with 2000 of my closest friends. You don't realize exactly how many folks are here until you get them all clustered up in one place.
Welp, my wishes are being granted. There is a slew of CMs (strangely enough in a variety of park costumes!) putting out the lounge chairs at the Cozy Cone Pool! Hopefully it'll open soon! Yay!

Anyone at Wilderness Lodge? What's the food been like over there? I'd assume Roaring Forks and Whispering Canyon are open and Artist Point closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter