***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Road sign down near the MK

DJdcL1IVwAA7Vyf.jpg

We're at BWV, lucky to get in when we had our Fri-Mon cruise canceled. They've been great. Lots of activities. Tons of animals here.
I was at the CR for Charley. Irma was a lot worse. There's a lot more tree/landscaping damage. Lighting fixture are broken in places.
The ride out crews have been wonderful.
My dd works at US. She's been off for the past three days...supposed to work each day. The parks are supposed to open tomorrow. She hadn't heard anything to the contrary, since she's working tomorrow afternoon.

So glad that everyone's safe and there doesn't appear to be an major damage reported. Disney CMs are the best! We're scheduled to drive through the night tonight (from Raleigh) and check in at the WL tomorrow. So far, the weather and roads on our route look okay, but we'll have to reassess this afternoon/evening.

Please report back on road conditions from Raleigh to WDW. Scheduled to drive down in a few days. Safe travels!

I have been following this thread with keen interest, in both the safety of everyone as well as WDW's amazing ability to provide comfort and security for their guests. It is also great to have all of you backing me up...

Our family trip begins Oct 29, and my younger DGS has had friends telling him essentially that Disney World was going to be destroyed by the hurricane. I reassured him to the best of my ability and kept him abreast of events as you have been reporting them! Dance parties, dog parades, and a resort so safe that even Floridians were choosing to check in for the duration. It doesn't get much better. We will look at the "after" pictures and cheer together when the parks announce their re-opening times. It's been really wonderful to read this thread and thanks for sharing!

I'm not an engineer, but if you look real close at the break,it looks like these were meant to break away in situations like this.
I agree!

Quick video my husband took when he was out walking around to go inspect our rental car about noon-ish today.
Wow. Groundskeeping gonna need to hire extra help.
Was your rental car damaged at all? That would be a hassle.

I've seen boats up and running and buses going to magic kingdom. My guess is they are making sure all is ready for reopening. I've snapped a few photos this morning that I'll upload shortly

We are flying in on the 17th too! May need to tweak our flights though, depending on what Jose does. Sounds like New England stands a decent chance of getting something......

View attachment 268809 We are at Saratoga Springs in a 2 bedroom villa. We were evacuated here from Give Kids The World village due to power and safety concerns. The staff here are great and even had fun games and raffles for the kids yesterday and Saturday in the community hall. They opened up the arcade for everyone to play for free and kept the Artists Palette open as late as possible yesterday night. We never lost power and our water is safe to drink. Mostly just landscape damage. So grateful we were sent here.
Did GKTW relocate you or did you relocate yourself? Just curious.

I'm glad that you are making the best of a tough situation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter