***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

As much as I understand how much you're willing to help, please keep in mind that some areas may still be dangerous. To illustrate, the MCO airport is not sure yet when it will reopen, because their security staff was not able to access each area to assess the damage. Some walkways inside the resorts might be unsuspiciously hazardous (you never know where water and electricity touches under the surface, and above, trees might fall at a sudden because the floor is so wet…)

Please stay safe at all times! To all: stay in your room until you got clearance to get outside. To those willing to help: go to the front desk of your resort, and ask if there is anything you can do.

We do not want anyone to get hurt now that Irma is gone!

Yes I understand all of that and I know I can't due to many unseen dangers. Still doesn't make me want to help out cleaning up Disney World. It pains me to see the World this way.

What gets me is how ridiculously stupid some people are... when I went out this morning to check on the rental car and when I took those videos, I noticed a woman walking bare foot through all of the debris......SERIOUSLY!?!! Barefoot! There could be broken glass anywhere. This is probably the type of person that would step on something then turn around and sue Disney.

JD

I'll try to find the link. It's in one of my aviation forums (I'm a pilot and Air Traffic Controller). I know Tampa is expecting to be operating Tuesday or Wednesday.
can I ask you a question? my flight is scheduled for Wednesday from boston called jet blue yesterday and today and they said the flight is still on (crossing fingers) my flight is at 11am and I know a few people who are supposed to fly out the same day at 8am and their flights have gotten cancelled yesterday, jet blue told me if its not cancelled by now then theres a good chance it wont be, still wont be happy til im sitting in the plane with my wife and 2 kids, but just curious why they would only cancel certain flights and no others? maybe you would know?
plus im glad everyone is safe there!!

Went for a walk around the second floor hallway of Kidani at about 11 and some drunk guy was trying to go outside. I feel bad for the two cast members who were trying to reason with him. He was cursing and belligerent. Hopefully security got there quickly.
The Savannah side of the lobby has been taking on water since prior to the worst of the storm hitting. I haven't been out of my room since my walk, so I don't know if it got worse. But cast members were there with wet vacs and towels trying to keep up with it.
Hoping everyone at AoA who was affected by the power outtage and fire alarm are settled somewhere safely.

Hope that wasn't @Tonyz !:teeth: Glad to hear everyone has made through fine so far.

So glad that everyone's safe and there doesn't appear to be an major damage reported. Disney CMs are the best! We're scheduled to drive through the night tonight (from Raleigh) and check in at the WL tomorrow. So far, the weather and roads on our route look okay, but we'll have to reassess this afternoon/evening.

, but just curious why they would only cancel certain flights and no others? maybe you would know?
plus im glad everyone is safe there!!
I know you weren't asking me, and I don't work in aviation, but my dad was a commercial airline pilot for 30-plus years. It's likely that the cancellations of some flights and not others have to with repositioning aircraft and crew. They might not be able to get a plane/crew positioned in Boston in time for the 8am flight, but they can for yours. Airline scheduling is a huge puzzle, and a disruption like this echoes across the whole system!

I know you weren't asking me, and I don't work in aviation, but my dad was a commercial airline pilot for 30-plus years. It's likely that the cancellations of some flights and not others have to with repositioning aircraft and crew. They might not be able to get a plane/crew positioned in Boston in time for the 8am flight, but they can for yours. Airline scheduling is a huge puzzle, and a disruption like this echoes across the whole system!
ny question was for Christian but thanks for answering that makes a lot of sense, hopefully we can make it, my 3 yr old wont stop talkin about Disney!! ive hyped it so much also, but keeping things in perspective, a lot worse things than a cancelled flight, would still hate to disappoint him thoug

First I want to make a shoutout to everyone sharing information on here especially those on late last night helping each other through the early hours during the worst of the storm . OKW has been wonderful and we were finally able to extend our stay in our current room instead of another resort now that things are operating a little more normal. Good news on the home front, a neighbor's family member was able to get out and it does not appear that our home was too damaged despite being in the eye zone of finicky Irma. We will stay at disney a few more days in hopes that power is more likely to be restored back home. I hope others in the storms path are also receiving good news!

Wow, just wow. Wonder how long it will take to clean up. Any visible damage to structures? Are they still making beignets?! (Trying too add a little POF humor. Lol)

Are they still making beignets. That's funny everytime I say disneyworld my wife and kids says We can't wait to get some beignets The next time we get back to disneyworld

Glad to hear everyone's ok and hopefully things will be back up and running soon

So now I get the ask the fateful question do I head on down Friday from Nashville TN. We are driving down. I know we have to wait for more official word but I a group of exited and nervous adults itching for news.

Here at Pop 50s building. Just heard some dogs barking. We love it!!! We are huge dog people and in fact. I am a dog walker/pet sitter. Even though I'm on vacation. I wouldn't mind doing some work by walking and playing with some furbabies. We miss our dog terribly!

PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE -- The resort tv channel says: our resort landscape has been impacted by the hurricane and pathways are blocked. If you choose to leave your room please be very aware of your surroundings and remain within the resort for your safety. Resort dining and merchandise will be available at noon.

PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE -- The resort tv channel says: our resort landscape has been impacted by the hurricane and pathways are blocked. If you choose to leave your room please be very aware of your surroundings and remain within the resort for your safety. Resort dining and merchandise will be available at noon.
Sitting at the food court now. They are not prepared and are now saying a 1 PM opening. The soda machines are not turned on either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter