***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Welcome to the U.S. and the Dis!:welcome: How do you like it so far?:duck:;) If I couldn't be at home and far away from the storm I'd rather be at WDW than anywhere else. You'll have quite a story to tell everyone when you get back home.:)

Thanks and thanks :p

Got supplies, water and a flash light. Ready to hit the bathroom if things get bad. No idea what to expect, a little nervous but hopefully it'll be ok.

Polynesian is business as usual right now. They have taken in the pool lounge chairs and stacked them away. But you can still go to the pools and use the regular chairs. Captain cooks has no line. They ran out of kids turkey sandwiches but made a substitute sandwich. Stores completely stocked. Only thing can't figure out is - they say enjoy complimentary Disney movies on tv - I can't find where they are on the tv.

Try channel 30. Last month when we were there it was the channel Duffy did his goodnight show so maybe they have the movies on that channel.

Yeah, if anyone knows how to get those please let me know! We tried last night but no luck.

We are switching from Pop to POFQ this morning. In line to check out now, people seem calmer than the past 2 days! Will be heading to AK then MK for afternoon/evening. Was able to switch up our ADRs so we will be doing CRT tonight!

Waiting to hear more from you! Be safe!

My 21 year old is at Pop with 2 friends. He evacuated from Daytona Beach where he goes to college. I feel like the worst mother for not being with my child. I know he's in good hands because he was in the DCP last year during Matthew.

At ERAU?

At AKL. I posted this in the Irma thread, but we were told both the Mara and Boma would be serving warm food all weekend. We haven't been given any information or flashlights or anything like that. I did see a slip of paper under a door that looked like instructions, but we did not receive anything.

At AKL. I posted this in the Irma thread, but we were told both the Mara and Boma would be serving warm food all weekend. We haven't been given any information or flashlights or anything like that. I did see a slip of paper under a door that looked like instructions, but we did not receive anything.

We didn't receive anything either.

How is going to work at AKL with Mara since you have to go outside to get to it from the hotel? There would be the same sort of problem in the moderates and values where you have to go outside to get to the food court.

Muppet Treasure Island

At Kidani... many cast members here for ride out crew till Tuesday. Just left Jambo, all restaurants serving. Asked about power, told all resorts have generators and property has power station that has trucks lined up awaiting to deal with any issues. Plenty of drinks and food in the resort stores. Asked about animals, was told that almost all will be taken in to shelter, except those species that get more stressed in a shelter, such as wildebeest. They will hunker down outside. We are prepared to spend 2 days in our room. About free movies, I was told yesterday they will begin at 9 pm tonight on channel 3 so who knows?? So many doggies here evacuating with their families!

AKL - Info on Channel 3 says dinning locations will be open Sunday morning. Wonder if Mara is included. If not ALK will only have the buffet at Boma's?

AE6DDAEB-3EFF-4633-A280-69436A4CD510.jpg Phased entry into the food court at AoA seems to be working great. There were huge stocks of snacks, water, cereal, and fruit. They were doing bagged lunches, whole pizzas, pasta dinner plates, and most of their usual selections. We already have a pretty stocked pantry in our room, so we just went for a last hot meal tonight and to grab a few more snacks. Again, cannot say enough good things about this experience!

I pray you all are safe. A good friend of ours is staying at the CR and saw people checking in today with pets. We are a little jealous - that is our dream to be able to take our dog to Disney with us. But I am glad that Disney is helping people to find a safe place to stay with their pets. I couldn't imagine people having to leave their pets behind.

I read that folks relocating from Fort Wilderness campground to other Disney properties could have their pets with them.

At beach club, we switched rooms when we checked in to a 1 bedroom in the villas. Which is nice to have laundry since we only packed so many clothes, and it looks like we might be here for 2 extra days. Rental car company extended our reservation without any additional fee. Disney has been very accommodating! Flashlights were handed out earlier in the lobby. Camr home to find the balcony chairs and tables in the room, smart!

Keep you posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter