***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

To any Pop Century peeps in need of water bottles I bought a case of 12oz Dasani at the resort on Friday and I could easily give up 10 of them if someone wants them for their family? We leave on Tuesday and I don't think we will be able to use them all before we go.Message me or respond in the thread I will try to check back regularly...as I am so busy lying on the bed watching young and the restless online!!:P

Last edited:
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE -- Breakfast area is very busy now however they still have food and cast members still have smiles! We were told that they will be serving lunch from 11-2 however CHNL 3 in our room says the food court will be open until 3. Also lots of the boxed sandwiches still available in the food court. It also says that the local curfew of 7pm will be in effect and guests must remain in their resort rooms at that time.

Lobby has colouring and characters for the kids. A lot of kids had the biggest smiles and looked so happy.

The store has tons of cases of water and boxed sandwiches as well as full shelves of snacks and merchandise.

Also saw many dogs which I love.

Polynesian has Smee and Hook entertaining kids. Ohana and Cooks open till 3. Pools still open :) We walked over to Floridian and got pics with goofy and Pluto. Restaurants here open thru dinner. Costumes tonight for dance party at 4 and 8 and adult only trivia at bar in the evening. Free movies upstairs of lobby. Looks like Floridian is the place to go if you are stir crazy at Polynesian tonight.

After hearing all the horror stories from previous hurricanes/storms that have hit the Orlando area, and how unprepared and poorly Disney handled things, I am glad to read how improved things are, this time around. I hope everyone continues to be safe and enjoy your vacations as best you can. You guys will have a heck of a trip report to write! Everyone in FL has my prayers.

TC :cool1:

Just had hot breakfast at Pop. Will return for pizza for lunch before closing at 3:00. Lots of friendly cast members. We thanked them for being here for us.
We glad to be using up our CQ credits. We were afraid that we would have a ton left and have to take snack credits for them instead. We are not be snack people, so other than a Dole Whip we take stuff home from our snack credits. Well, we already have 26 bags of candy and snack mix and to add more to our suitcases would be way too heavy.
Disney is doing a good job but I will email them when we arrive home about things they could do better.
We were here during Jeanne as well, so we know what to expect but most people done. I feel they need to do more to reassure guests that Disney's building are built to withstand these storms and that it is highly unlikely that the resort will lose power or water. We know that to be true, but most other guest don't.

Things at the Boardwalk villas seem to be pretty calm...free coffee in Belle Vue lounge. We will check out the lunch buffet in a little while. Had to wait in line for 30 minutes to check back in but just passed the time talking to a great couple behind us talking about DCL and DVC ... they were thinking about doing both and hadn't before...so the time went very fast...cast members have been great.

Phone message received at AoA advising us to check the resort tv channel for modified dining hours (still until 3pm), that the pools are open weather permitting, and limited housekeeping is being provided. They advised us to have any trash and soiled linens in the hallway no later than 12pm.

Hey PaulyB - just checked premium Mickey bars still available at Moana :) everything fully stocked and fresh muffins and breakfast at Captain Cooks - no line! Or just have an ice cream bar for breakfast!! About 50 staff in lobby and five crazy guests up at this hour - what can I say I am a morning person.

Hey thanks!! We did breakfast in the room and then got sucked into Tron Legacy on 31 this mid morning ;) we are heading to the main hall shortly.

Haven't ventured out this morning, but enjoyed a nice breakfast in the room at Kidan this morning. Thinking about checking out the pool/hot tub?? :) or the arcade. Anyone else from Kidani thinking about venturing over to Jambo? From what I understand it will be on foot! But perhaps more going on over there? I'm jealous of a Captain Hook dance party - and I'm an adult lol!

We are also having an issue with magic bands not opening our room door (went for ice). Will have to check down at the desk. But a heads up to check before everyone leaves the room.

No animals to be seen on the sunset Savannah from our room this morning but the zebras were out late last night.

Haven't ventured out this morning, but enjoyed a nice breakfast in the room at Kidan this morning. Thinking about checking out the pool/hot tub?? :) or the arcade. Anyone else from Kidani thinking about venturing over to Jambo? From what I understand it will be on foot! But perhaps more going on over there? I'm jealous of a Captain Hook dance party - and I'm an adult lol!

We are also having an issue with magic bands not opening our room door (went for ice). Will have to check down at the desk. But a heads up to check before everyone leaves the room.

No animals to be seen on the sunset Savannah from our room this morning but the zebras were out late last night.
Hmm... I thought private dining was unavailable? It says it on channel 3.And go to the front desk ASAP!!!!!! They have batteries in it that operate 24/7 and during power outages. (The magic band room door opener)

I've brought my parents to disney this trip and my dad turns 62 tomorrow. Weren't planning on celebrating it here, but here we are! Don't want to ask to much of cast members just trying to keep things running during the storm, but would like to make his birthday special in some little way. Any ideas or suggestions from folks here??

If you celebrate a birthday at Disney do you get a call/voicemail from Mickey or another character? Maybe that would be something easy someone could do??

Here at BC there were four in the elevator with us. We also saw a few in the lobby. We were told a law was enacted after Katrina to allow dogs in hotels during emergencies.

I just want to know how and where they will go potty during the storm if no one is allowed outside.
That is exactly what I want to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter