Riding FOP & NRJ with weak neck

Carly2

Earning My Ears
My mom has a weak neck so we're trying to figure out if she can go on those 2 rides without spoilers about the rides. It's not very often that we get to experience something new at Disney so I don't want to watch ride videos or read up too much on these rides.

She can go on Soarin' with no issues but can't do any of the coasters, Dinosaur and Star Tours. So, I just would like to know if they are fairly slow moving or do they jerk you around?

Thanks!

NRJ should be no issue. FOP is really smooth, but it is more intense than Soarin. That one could be more of an issue though also due to the ride vehicle set up. I would be inclined to say pass on FOP, but if some of you can ride it first and see if it's something she may be able to handle that could be an option.

NRJ is a good slow boat ride (with all boat rides at Disney, just make sure you watch for being bumped from behind, which can be a bit rough), so if she can do the other boat rides (such as Small World) she should be fine on NRJ. I wouldn't recommend FoP because it does move you physically around.

FOP might be an issue depending on her posture. Think about being positioned on a ninja type of motor cycle(forward bent) but then you need to lift your head to see straight ahead. If she has trouble with her head/neck extended(looking up), take a pass.

Thanks for the replies! She can do small world & pirates so she'll definitely do NRJ but will probably pass on FOP.

Soaring might not be an issue because you can lean your head back against the seat for support if needed. You won’t have that option on FoP. NRJ is definitely tame like Small World or the greenhouse in the Land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter