Ridiculous Epcot security

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkfamilyof5

Mouseketeer
We are staying at GF and go through security there. Now in a ridiculous, not moving line at Epcot because we have to go through it again. Why can’t they have a way for people who already went through it bypass security at Epcot like they do for MK? It’s insane.

Last edited:
This thread pops up one a month or more. We just did a week at the Polynesian and yes double security going to Epcot is such a pain. But the exit ramp was built in pre-911 times and would have to be majorly reconfigured to allow inside park entrance. If you don't have a bag the "no bag line" is almost always straight walk through. And strollers without bags can use it as well.

There has to be a way that they can just rope off monorail only patrons. Set up their ropes, chains, something. They also need to stop this whole 2 lines 1 guard crap. At Disneyland, it looks like 1 big line, then you get up closer and it splits to 2, and they actually have 1 guard PER LINE. AMAZING!

Disney really should add some kind of TSA pre-check style system. There’s no need for a security guard to be opening and peering in every sunglasses case belonging to a family who bought into DVC 15 years ago and has been visiting annually ever since. Low-risk status could be recorded on Magic Bands and eligible guests waved through to a much faster moving line.

Disney really should add some kind of TSA pre-check style system. There’s no need for a security guard to be opening and peering in every sunglasses case belonging to a family who bought into DVC 15 years ago and has been visiting annually ever since. Low-risk status could be recorded on Magic Bands and eligible guests waved through to a much faster moving line.

I really like this idea

On the flip side of the coin, I was at Disney a couple weeks ago and it the first time I went from Epcot to Magic Kingdom via monorail and DIDN"T have to go through security again - I thought that was awesome! But yeah, on the way back, got the double security.
I know it's a little off topic but on another positive note it seems when I use Magical Express and get my boarding pass through Disney, we always seem to get the TSA pre check which is absolutely awesome. Don't have to take off shoes or belts, or remove laptops etc from bags and line at airport is MUCH shorter. Not sure why this happens but I am extremely grateful!

I'm not going to pretend like I don't get annoyed while stuck in the lines at Security ... BUT ... I would rather deal with that then have no security or the like. Having said that:

• What I do wish is they would increase their security staff (at least during busier times of the year; I get there's no need to increase manpower for the short bursts of people that occur only every five minutes or so in less crowded times). As a previous poster mentioned, the one-guard-to-two-lines situation is a bottleneck in these situations.
  • Also, I know this goes against everything that makes Disney what it is but... I wish some of these overly-talkative security guards would cut the chit-chat (chet) and simply check the bags. Asking a guest how their day is going is one thing but having a full-blown, literal 3 minute conversation with each one is unnecessary and overkill. I experienced this a few weeks ago at Epcot. I spent a good 10 minutes in line while the security guard chatted with each of the 4 guests in front of me, at one point stopping the baggage check and having an honest-to-goodness conversation about where she was from. Again, I think it's great there is interaction but it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds for a well trained guard to *thoroughly* check a bag and make a guest feel welcome in the park.
  • Finally, if guests would pay attention to what the security guards are telling them; to open their bags prior to entering the line - this would really help speed things up.

Last edited:
It's difficult there, because the monorail ramp empties into the same walkway as the people coming from the buses/taxis/offsite buses, and right before the people getting off the parking lot trams. I understand that they are going to be redesigning the epcot entrance, but it's going to be a few years.

Short of completely redsigning the entrance from the monorail (which could be a huge amount of downtime), I don't know that there is an easy way to get around the monorail group.
Have people who just got on the monorail, to head to EPCOT, at the TTC been screened if they diidn't come from a park or resort?

They do, sort of. A no bag line. It's awesome! Only way we go to the parks now

I think they should install the machines to x-ray bags like universal. I get they are bigger and would require more machines, but it would be so much faster and more accurate of what guests are bringing into the parks. Having a person hand check a bag leaves so much room for error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter